PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
Kyeavfc wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:50 pm Got a feeling Suljovic could be the one to miss out.. others are in better form.. plus he pulled out of players, I get the impression he likes to be at home with the family.

He hasn’t really done enough to get in really despite what some think - he’s had a poor 2nd half of this year.

If we have a winner tonight other than MvG or Gando would they get in the PL?? Wade winning the two events surely will be there given they were the Euro and World Series, two events the PDC have pride in with their expansion, etc...

Has a PDC major winner ever missed out on a PL place??
Depends what you class as a "major". But if you mean "any TV ranking title", then the answer is yes: Paul Nicholson.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:14 pm
DavidB wrote:
Kyeavfc wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:50 pm Got a feeling Suljovic could be the one to miss out.. others are in better form.. plus he pulled out of players, I get the impression he likes to be at home with the family.

He hasn’t really done enough to get in really despite what some think - he’s had a poor 2nd half of this year.

If we have a winner tonight other than MvG or Gando would they get in the PL?? Wade winning the two events surely will be there given they were the Euro and World Series, two events the PDC have pride in with their expansion, etc...

Depends what you class as a "major". But if you mean "any TV ranking title", then the answer is yes: Paul Nicholson.

Aren’t all tv and streamed events majors these days ?? :grin:

Ah yes, had a feeling it was a winner of this Players Championship finals that once missed out - could happen again this time...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nicholson won his title in late January which won't have helped anyway.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:32 pm Nicholson won his title in late January which won't have helped anyway.

Yeah true, think Webster got in after his world championship semi final appearance??
mik252
Pub Champion

Post by mik252 »

DavidB wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:55 pm

I think it would be harsh to say he’s had a poor 2nd half of the year, having reached the semis of two of the three majors he’s played in that period (and he really should have reached the final of one of them).

That being said I could certainly see him missing out as most of the players above and around him have hit form at the right time and have actually picked up majors.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

mik252 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:13 pm
DavidB wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:55 pm

I think it would be harsh to say he’s had a poor 2nd half of the year, having reached the semis of two of the three majors he’s played in that period (and he really should have reached the final of one of them).

That being said I could certainly see him missing out as most of the players above and around him have hit form at the right time and have actually picked up majors.

Yeah true but it’s either semi final or 1st round and he hasn’t appeared to play his best despite those semi finals. Plus Gurney and Price are ranked above him.
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

Mensur has done a lot more than most others on the list, plus he's incredibly popular. Would be nonsense to keep him out of it. Gurney is the one who should miss out as things stand right now (Barney really of course)
Kyeavfc
The Ton Club

Post by Kyeavfc »

Barney isn’t going to miss out... I think 99% of people on this forum believe he shouldn’t be given a place based on 2018 performance.. but with him retiring ,sky will market it as his final year and plug it every opportunity.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Kyeavfc wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:20 pm Barney isn’t going to miss out... I think 99% of people on this forum believe he shouldn’t be given a place based on 2018 performance.. but with him retiring ,sky will market it as his final year and plug it every opportunity.
The only risk would be him being embarrassingly bad. But, he should be OK.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Kyeavfc wrote:Barney isn’t going to miss out... I think 99% of people on this forum believe he shouldn’t be given a place based on 2018 performance.. but with him retiring ,sky will market it as his final year and plug it every opportunity.
Yes, he's safe. The Dutch fans will expect to see him in it. It's his last year and there in but exactly a long list of big names to take his place.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Wouldn't surprise me if Barney's game improves now he has made the decision to retire.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

People forgetting Gurney is the 5th ranked player in the OOM and should be in really, especially if he wins tonight and/or has a good Ally Pally...
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Gurney as number 5 and now a two time major winner will be in.

Mensur and Whitlock who are ranked lower and haven’t won a major this year will need to win at Ally Pally...
Baswai
Brass Darts

Post by Baswai »

Did Smith actually achieve anything in the last six months?
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Probably his best season, a few finals including the last premier league - he’ll surely be in, good to watch.
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Rod Studd has all but confirmed RvB I guess in this tweet.....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

There is no way on earth they won't pick Barney next year.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Hahahahahaha
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

whats so funny?
Never in doubt that he wont play, its bleeding obvious..
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

BeppeBergomi wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:49 am

Rod Studd has all but confirmed RvB I guess in this tweet.....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

But no no, the PL will sell tickets without Barney... :grin: