2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Mgt
Superleague Player

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Mgt »

malcy93 wrote:Not a big enough name to be considered currently. Only chance is if he got to at least Semi Finals of World Championship.

Regarding Durrant he would need to go to Q-School and get a PDC tour card as it’s a PDC exbo.
Did Bunting get his Premier League spot in his first or second year on PDC tour ?
Second year.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

malcy93 wrote:Not a big enough name to be considered currently. Only chance is if he got to at least Semi Finals of World Championship.

Regarding Durrant he would need to go to Q-School and get a PDC tour card as it’s a PDC exbo.
Did Bunting get his Premier League spot in his first or second year on PDC tour ?

GSoD isn’t a PDC exbo though is it...

As for world champs semis, well Jamie Lewis got there and didn’t get an invite, probably final or win it only...
Last edited by DavidB on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Skewball wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:I'd love to see what the pdc do if Glen durrant wins the gsod. Not saying he will but as a major winner he would have a case to be in the event.
Nothing

Its a well trodden discussion and Barry himself has said a number of times that no one will get parachuted into it. You have to earn a place on the PDC tour.

It’s a good point - surely they couldn’t now not have one of their biggest major winners and probably most popular event if it were Duzza or any of the BDO players?? I know they didn’t in 2010 but things have changed since...
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DavidB wrote:
Skewball wrote:
clemy1989 wrote:I'd love to see what the pdc do if Glen durrant wins the gsod. Not saying he will but as a major winner he would have a case to be in the event.
Nothing

Its a well trodden discussion and Barry himself has said a number of times that no one will get parachuted into it. You have to earn a place on the PDC tour.

It’s a good point - surely they couldn’t now not have one of their biggest major winners and probably most popular event if it were Duzza or any of the BDO players?? I know they didn’t in 2010 but things have changed since...
How do you address this post.

Firstly, there is more chance of getting shit from a rocking horse, than Durrant or any of the other BDO players getting any where near winning the GSOD this year.

Secondly, let's just for the sake of argument, and to appease the serious deluded, envisage that Durrant or Adam Smith Neale win the tournament, why in God's name would anyone think that their inclusion would add anything to the PL.

And finally, given the PDC have excluded both Lewis, a double World Champion, and Wade a then 7 times Major winner from this tournament in the past, due to them not being in good enough form to be selected, why would they even consider a place for a player out with the PDC, who may have got lucky over 1 week.

County Player

Post by 1205 »

ssjsa wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Nothing

Firstly, there is more chance of getting shit from a rocking horse, than Durrant or any of the other BDO players getting any where near winning the GSOD this year.

Secondly, let's just for the sake of argument, and to appease the serious deluded, envisage that Durrant or Adam Smith Neale win the tournament, why in God's name would anyone think that their inclusion would add anything to the PL.

And finally, given the PDC have excluded both Lewis, a double World Champion, and Wade a then 7 times Major winner from this tournament in the past, due to them not being in good enough form to be selected, why would they even consider a place for a player out with the PDC, who may have got lucky over 1 week.
Well, for Durrant, because:
1) in that hypothetical scenario he'd have won a big PDC tournament that only deluded people thought he'd win
2) he has a very long track record of high scoring along with his BDO wins, so it couldn't really be seen as a fluke, and he wouldn't be expected to bomb
3) because it's a change and there's no other exciting new PDC player who's an obvious choice to bring in
4) because it'd be a great excuse to drop van Barneveld.
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

I think they may consider taking a gamble if Glen gives them assurances of going to q-school this year though. If he wins the grand slam that is... The deal would have to be with a clause that if he pulls out of q school he loses the prem league spot.

However in reality I think he will get to thelast 16
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

There's no way he would be included in the PL even if he won it.
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Durrant won't be in for sure this time.

However, he SHOULD consider a move to PDC at this point.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ssjsa wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Nothing

Dear me, are you for real?? New low for you there pal... :MAD:

Stick to your Gary Anderson posts please :)
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

1205 wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Nothing

1) in that hypothetical scenario he'd have won a big PDC tournament that only deluded people thought he'd win
2) he has a very long track record of high scoring along with his BDO wins, so it couldn't really be seen as a fluke, and he wouldn't be expected to bomb
3) because it's a change and there's no other exciting new PDC player who's an obvious choice to bring in
1) No use even considering that because he'll never win it.
2) That track record is always scoring in the mid-high 90's and occasionally breaking a 100. The PDC have more than enough choice of players like that without considering Durrant.
3) Every debutant would be 'a change'. Calling Durrant exciting is a bit of a stretch, Darren Webster would provide more entertainment, Whitlock has a bigger fan base, Price has more energy and that list goes on and on.
4) There's plenty of reasons to drop van Barneveld, no need for Durrant for that.
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

DavidB wrote:

As for world champs semis, well Jamie Lewis got there and didn’t get an invite, probably final or win it only...
Lewis in that year did nothing else, barely even played the TV events. Webster had a decent year actually, got to a few major quarterfinals. So I'd say a semifinal in the Worlds would probably get him in.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

DavidB wrote:

We were talking about the PL. Both responding to a post saying if Durrant won the GSOD should get a PL invite even if he stays in the BDO system, which is cloud cuckoo land as Hearn would only put in PDC tour card holders. Hence our posts.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

26scored wrote:
DavidB wrote:

Lewis in that year did nothing else, barely even played the TV events. Webster had a decent year actually, got to a few major quarterfinals. So I'd say a semifinal in the Worlds would probably get him in.

Perhaps but then DvdB was there in some events, made the quarters at Ally Pally and still didn’t get in!

Would like to see Webster there, he wouldn’t be afraid and would just give it a go!
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

malcy93 wrote:
DavidB wrote:

We were talking about the PL. Both responding to a post saying if Durrant won the GSOD should get a PL invite even if he stays in the BDO system, which is cloud cuckoo land as Hearn would only put in PDC tour card holders. Hence our posts.

Ah beg your pardon, thought you were referring to GSoD as an en exbo not the PL!

Don’t Sky have wildcard picks so not all Hearn’s decision??
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

DavidB wrote:
26scored wrote:
DavidB wrote:

Perhaps but then DvdB was there in some events, made the quarters at Ally Pally and still didn’t get in!

Would like to see Webster there, he wouldn’t be afraid and would just give it a go!
Dimitri only did well in the Worlds and the WS Finals, reaching the QFs in both. Which isn't bad but I think there were 10 better contenders than him. He still didn't play most of the TV events that year, he shouldn't have got in on a short purple patch in form he had.

As for Webster, I'd really like to watch him and think his personality would be a good fit for the PL. However I'd prefer if everyone got there on merit, so if he plays well on TV in the last few events, he should be in.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Mgt wrote:
1205 wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Nothing

2) That track record is always scoring in the mid-high 90's and occasionally breaking a 100. The PDC have more than enough choice of players like that without considering Durrant.
3) Every debutant would be 'a change'. Calling Durrant exciting is a bit of a stretch, Darren Webster would provide more entertainment, Whitlock has a bigger fan base, Price has more energy and that list goes on and on.
4) There's plenty of reasons to drop van Barneveld, no need for Durrant for that.
1) I was just following the hypothetical win from ssjsa.
2) No, they don't. Really. Outside of the very top players, there's a great deal of inconsistency. That's why they aren't the top players. Players put in 100+ averages and then the next game they're shit and out. Durrant's consistency is really remarkable. He doesn't go over or heavily over 100 much, but he's in the 98-99 range an awful lot, and that tells you he's out in 15 darts a high percentage of the time, which is the key difference between the top players and the rest.
3) How would Webster be more entertaining? Are you a big fan of one-sided losses?
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

durrant in the PL ??

are ye on drugs.
He is as entertaining as jamie caven
He makes wayne jones look charismatic.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Mgt wrote:
1205 wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Nothing

Did you think Scott Waites would never have won the GSoD in a field which contained the best player ever??
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DavidB wrote:
Mgt wrote:
1205 wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
DavidB wrote:

Did you think Scott Waites would never have won the GSoD in a field which contained the best player ever??
Scott Waites did phenomenally well to win the GSOD in 2010, as has been recognised on this forum ad infinitum.

Great player who in 2010/11 could have done well had he switched.

In relation to Durrant, he is in a completely different environment, as the quality of players in the Top 16/32 of the PDC currently is of a much higher standard than it was in Waites's time.

Personally I both rate and like Durrant as a player but his odds of 66/1 are just about right and think he will have done well if he gets through his group.