PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
el_ringo
County Player

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by el_ringo »

ssjsa wrote:
Scott Waites did phenomenally well to win the GSOD in 2010, as has been recognised on this forum ad infinitum.

Great player who in 2010/11 could have done well had he switched.
To be fair , although its a great achievement to win any Professional Darts Title, that 2010 GSOD had some real freak results in which really are never going to happen again to align the stars for a BDO player to win any PDC tournament.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Grand_Slam_of_Darts

Waites qualified from a group that Fatpot couldn't be arsed to try in and had another BDO amateur in then met Barney who failed to turn up in the L16 , Co Stomp who has never set the world alight with great performance, Steve Beaton who after a great run it was really a game to far for him after beating Taylor and then Wade had a breakdown in the final to gift the title to Waites.

I recon Scott knew how fortunate he had been that year and that played a part in why he never switched.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

el_ringo wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Scott Waites did phenomenally well to win the GSOD in 2010, as has been recognised on this forum ad infinitum.

To be fair , although its a great achievement to win any Professional Darts Title, that 2010 GSOD had some real freak results in which really are never going to happen again to align the stars for a BDO player to win any PDC tournament.

Waites qualified from a group that Fatpot couldn't be arsed to try in and had another BDO amateur in then met Barney who failed to turn up in the L16 , Co Stomp who has never set the world alight with great performance, Steve Beaton who after a great run it was really a game to far for him after beating Taylor and then Wade had a breakdown in the final to gift the title to Waites.

I recon Scott knew how fortunate he had been that year and that played a part in why he never switched.
What a load of tosh, I doubt for one moment that Waites thought to himself that he was gifted the title or did not beat others on his own merit, Really does surprise me with some comments on here and elsewhere about dart players only beating other players because they were off their game or got lucky, Perhaps Waites got into Barney's head and outplayed him or frustrated him to the point where Barney knew he was beaten and just gave up? It does happen where perhaps a player you would think could on paper destroy an opponent and it just does not happen, Mentally a lot can change during a game that will have an effect on how a player performs, Nothing is usually picked up on any of it and the usual crap of such and such got lucky or unlucky, I believe you make your own luck in darts.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

el_ringo wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

This is the funniest post I've seen in ages.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Waites on his 'fluked jammy run'
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

No no Lewis wasn’t bothered

Bradders will be along to agree with El Ringo
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Same Adrian Lewis who just a few weeks later became PDC World Champion??

Aye ok :grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

On his mind already this morning.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:On his mind already this morning.
Haha you replied quickly :omg:
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote:On his mind already this morning.
Haha you replied quickly :omg:
My klaxon went off.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

el_ringo wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

That’s bollocks

He didn’t switch in 2010 because he said he didn’t want to tour everywhere doing to the tour because he wanted to still work, 2010 still had tour events everywhere.

Then he got divorced then he fucked his shoulder up

He’s already said he’s going to switch this year in an interview and the fact half the tour events are at Barnsley and Wigan will help him massively
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

el_ringo wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

That’s bollocks

He didn’t switch in 2010 because he said he didn’t want to travel everywhere doing to the tour because he wanted to still work, 2010 still had tour events everywhere and abroad

Then he got divorced then he fucked his shoulder up

He’s already said he’s going to switch this year in an interview and the fact half the tour events are at Barnsley and Wigan will help him massively
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Anyway, back on track. At this stage the current Top 10 are playing very well and should be the entrants.

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

Great PL line up, but think Sky will pick Barney as one of their choices.

So unless someone comes out of the pack at the GSOD or the Worlds, it is 10 of this 11.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ssjsa wrote:Anyway, back on track. At this stage the current Top 10 are playing very well and should be the entrants.

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

So unless someone comes out of the pack at the GSOD or the Worlds, it is 10 of this 11.
THIS SHOWS EXACTLY WHY THE LAZY BARNEY IS UNDESERVING
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

phil davies wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Anyway, back on track. At this stage the current Top 10 are playing very well and should be the entrants.

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

Chizzy has done nothing on TV to be worthy of a place this year. The other 9 yes ATM would be the 9 most deserving.
On the surface I don't disagree, but if you look at some of his recent averages, and compare them to what frankly were poor from the players in the last 8/16 of the recent European Championship, I for one would prefer to see Chisnall, who can be competitive, rather than some debutant who gets hammered every week.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

1205 wrote:
Mgt wrote:
1205 wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
DavidB wrote:

It’s a good point - surely they couldn’t now not have one of their biggest major winners and probably most popular event if it were Duzza or any of the BDO players?? I know they didn’t in 2010 but things have changed since...
How do you address this post.

Firstly, there is more chance of getting shit from a rocking horse, than Durrant or any of the other BDO players getting any where near winning the GSOD this year.

Secondly, let's just for the sake of argument, and to appease the serious deluded, envisage that Durrant or Adam Smith Neale win the tournament, why in God's name would anyone think that their inclusion would add anything to the PL.

And finally, given the PDC have excluded both Lewis, a double World Champion, and Wade a then 7 times Major winner from this tournament in the past, due to them not being in good enough form to be selected, why would they even consider a place for a player out with the PDC, who may have got lucky over 1 week.
Well, for Durrant, because:
1) in that hypothetical scenario he'd have won a big PDC tournament that only deluded people thought he'd win
2) he has a very long track record of high scoring along with his BDO wins, so it couldn't really be seen as a fluke, and he wouldn't be expected to bomb
3) because it's a change and there's no other exciting new PDC player who's an obvious choice to bring in
4) because it'd be a great excuse to drop van Barneveld.
1) No use even considering that because he'll never win it.
2) That track record is always scoring in the mid-high 90's and occasionally breaking a 100. The PDC have more than enough choice of players like that without considering Durrant.
3) Every debutant would be 'a change'. Calling Durrant exciting is a bit of a stretch, Darren Webster would provide more entertainment, Whitlock has a bigger fan base, Price has more energy and that list goes on and on.
4) There's plenty of reasons to drop van Barneveld, no need for Durrant for that.
1) I was just following the hypothetical win from ssjsa.
2) No, they don't. Really. Outside of the very top players, there's a great deal of inconsistency. That's why they aren't the top players. Players put in 100+ averages and then the next game they're shit and out. Durrant's consistency is really remarkable. He doesn't go over or heavily over 100 much, but he's in the 98-99 range an awful lot, and that tells you he's out in 15 darts a high percentage of the time, which is the key difference between the top players and the rest.
3) How would Webster be more entertaining? Are you a big fan of one-sided losses?
1) Fair enough.
2) He is indeed very consistent, I'll give him that. I doubt that would get him far in the PL though. Players with a couple of brilliant nights and some stinkers might well end up with more points.
3) Webster brings about 1000% more energy to a match than Durrant does. Plus he's used to playing the top players regularly and has quite a decent head to head against some of them. I doubt very much Durrant would be able to match PL level players week in week out like many on here seem to expect him to. He's simply not used to that kind of opposition on a regular basis and I don't have the impression he deals with that kind of pressure very well.

Maybe we should see how he fairs in the GSOD this year. I think he'll have a hard time equalling last year.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Mgt wrote:1) Fair enough.
2) He is indeed very consistent, I'll give him that. I doubt that would get him far in the PL though. Players with a couple of brilliant nights and some stinkers might well end up with more points.
3) Webster brings about 1000% more energy to a match than Durrant does. Plus he's used to playing the top players regularly and has quite a decent head to head against some of them. I doubt very much Durrant would be able to match PL level players week in week out like many on here seem to expect him to. He's simply not used to that kind of opposition on a regular basis and I don't have the impression he deals with that kind of pressure very well.

Maybe we should see how he fairs in the GSOD this year. I think he'll have a hard time equalling last year.
You might like his energy, but his record says he'll bring energy and then lose. He makes the last 16, and loses. He's gone deep in a few floor events, but hasn't even reached a semi in a stage event.

I think Cullen's a better gamble. He's a younger player, so potentially has more upside and has made a few European Tour semi-finals.

PS Take a look at Darren Webster's Wikipedia page while it lasts. :D
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

1205 wrote:
Mgt wrote:1) Fair enough.

You might like his energy, but his record says he'll bring energy and then lose. He makes the last 16, and loses. He's gone deep in a few floor events, but hasn't even reached a semi in a stage event.

I think Cullen's a better gamble. He's a younger player, so potentially has more upside and has made a few European Tour semi-finals.

PS Take a look at Darren Webster's Wikipedia page while it lasts. :D
I rest my case, who wouldn't want a player with abnormally large feet in the PL? :D
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

Chizzy out D Webster in for me and we're in agreement.

Obviously as it stands. By new year's day things might change you know.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Garry Murphy wrote:

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

+1

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Martin Legandowski
Steady Sixties

Post by Martin Legandowski »

Garry Murphy wrote:

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

Dzien dobry ******

I was receivingk your board but I am guessingk that you were glupi with receivingk a lie address. I told your matka of my receivingk of the board but was being telling pieprzyc go.
Last edited by Martin Legandowski on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.