PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ssjsa
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by ssjsa »

Martin Legandowski wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Anyway, back on track. At this stage the current Top 10 are playing very well and should be the entrants.

MVG
Wright
Cross
Ando
Gurney
Wade
Suljovic
Whitlock
Smith
Chisnall

Great PL line up, but think Sky will pick Barney as one of their choices.

So unless someone comes out of the pack at the GSOD or the Worlds, it is 10 of this 11.
THIS SHOWS EXACTLY WHY THE LAZY BARNEY IS UNDESERVING
Dzien dobry ******

I was receivingk your board but I am guessingk that you were glupi with receivingk a lie address. I told matka of my receivingk of the board but was being telling pieprzyc go.
Don't know what is the polish for fuck off, but in English let me tell you your posting privileges will be revoked.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy must have been bored today.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:Paddy must have been bored today.
Like you were when you set up your other accounts after saying this?
Ginge wrote:Not going to mention the old place as me and the old administrators had issues.

I will be more of a hoverer on here that a poster, but good luck.

By the way, who is the user called "Admin"? Seems a bit impersonal to me to have that as a username, but maybe that's just me.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:Not going to mention the old place as me and the old administrators had issues.

By the way, who is the user called "Admin"? Seems a bit impersonal to me to have that as a username, but maybe that's just me.
"Hic!"
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

How far back was that post dredged up from?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:How far back was that post dredged up from?
7 and a half years? :DDD:

All to defend his good mate Paddy. :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Desperate stuff.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hic!
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ChrisW wrote:

oh dear
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
mik252
Pub Champion

Post by mik252 »

Think that’s next year’s PL field pretty much set now:
Van Gerwen
Anderson
Wright
Cross
Suljovic
Gurney
Whitlock
Smith
Price
Wade

Actually think the one player who is looking the most vulnerable atm is probably Gurney who, aside from the semis in Dublin, has done very little this year. Think it will take a semi at Ally Pally for anyone to break in now.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

mik252 wrote:Think that’s next year’s PL field pretty much set now:
Van Gerwen
Anderson
Wright
Cross
Suljovic
Gurney
Whitlock
Smith
Price
Wade

Actually think the one player who is looking the most vulnerable atm is probably Gurney who, aside from the semis in Dublin, has done very little this year. Think it will take a semi at Ally Pally for anyone to break in now.

Just to remind us all, it’s top 4 in rankings then 4 x PDC picks and 2 x Sky picks??

Likely to be the 10 you say but wouldn’t surprise me if Gurney or Whitlock missed out for Barney and one other if we get a different winner at the Players Champs or World Champs...
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

DavidB wrote:
Van Gerwen
Anderson
Wright
Cross
Suljovic
Gurney
Whitlock
Smith
Price
Wade

Just to remind us all, it’s top 4 in rankings then 4 x PDC picks and 2 x Sky picks??

Likely to be the 10 you say but wouldn’t surprise me if Gurney or Whitlock missed out for Barney and one other if we get a different winner at the Players Champs or World Champs...
Last year I was 70-30 in favour of Simon deserving a spot, this year I am 90-10 regardless of what happens at the Worlds. Has had a very good 2018, no tournament wins but so many good wins & performances.

Gurney would be the only one of those 10 listed who I'd question. He needs a good run in either PC Finals or Worlds for me.
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

Van Gerwen
Anderson
Wright
Cross
Suljovic
Smith
Price
Wade

Are safe for me...

Whitlock and Gurney in line to pick up the last two spots. Cullen, Van Barneveld, De Zwaan, Van den Bergh and Hopp could get one if they do well at PC-Finals and/or the world championship.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

PVDarts501 wrote:Van Gerwen
Anderson
Wright
Cross
Suljovic
Smith
Price
Wade

Are safe for me...

Whitlock and Gurney in line to pick up the last two spots. Cullen, Van Barneveld, De Zwaan, Van den Bergh and Hopp could get one if they do well at
PC-Finals and/or the world championship.
I'm OK with your list:
- I'll cut Cross some slack for a disappointing year for the World Champion whirlwind.
- Smith has had about the same year as Gurney, but played well in the Premier League this year, so deserves another run

At this point I'd say Whitlock and Cullen:
Whitlock:
- made 8 ranking stage quarter finals
- 3 finals
Cullen:
- made 10 ranking stage quarter finals
- 3 semi-finals.
- only van Gerwen has made more ranking stage quarter-finals than Cullen

Others like Hopp, Gurney, West, Van den Bergh, De Zwaan and White have had their moments, but really need to make runs in the next two tournaments.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

1205 wrote:
Anderson
Wright
Cross
Suljovic
Smith
Price
Wade

Are safe for me...

Whitlock and Gurney in line to pick up the last two spots. Cullen, Van Barneveld, De Zwaan, Van den Bergh and Hopp could get one if they do well at
PC-Finals and/or the world championship.
I'm OK with your list:
- I'll cut Cross some slack for a disappointing year for the World Champion whirlwind.
- Smith has had about the same year as Gurney, but played well in the Premier League this year, so deserves another run

At this point I'd say Whitlock and Cullen:
Whitlock:
- made 8 ranking stage quarter finals
- 3 finals
Cullen:
- made 10 ranking stage quarter finals
- 3 semi-finals.
- only van Gerwen has made more ranking stage quarter-finals than Cullen

Others like Hopp, Gurney, West, Van den Bergh, De Zwaan and White have had their moments, but really need to make runs in the next two tournaments.

A question I asked earlier, how are the PL players selected these days? Top 4 in rankings were a given to be there - if still so then Cross will be there but would be interesting if not...
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

WizardofozFan wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Van Gerwen
Anderson
Wright
Cross
Suljovic
Gurney
Whitlock
Smith
Price
Wade

Last year I was 70-30 in favour of Simon deserving a spot, this year I am 90-10 regardless of what happens at the Worlds. Has had a very good 2018, no tournament wins but so many good wins & performances.

Gurney would be the only one of those 10 listed who I'd question. He needs a good run in either PC Finals or Worlds for me.

Sure, I think he’ll be there but after Gurney is probably the next one worrying if another major winner occurs...

Wade and Price have certainly thrown the cat amongst the pigeons in the last 3 weeks - neither would have been there otherwise...
Baswai
Brass Darts

Post by Baswai »

Anderson
Wright
Cross
Suljovic
Smith
Price
Wade

Are safe for me...

Whitlock and Gurney in line to pick up the last two spots. Cullen, Van Barneveld, De Zwaan, Van den Bergh and Hopp could get one if they do well at PC-Finals and/or the world championship.
It really looks like it will indeed go this way, I cannot see anyone really break into the top 10. I think De Zwaan, Van den Bergh and Hopp are still too low on the rankings unless they do something really special in the remaining of the year.

Van Barneveld looks finished to me, if he does well at the world championship he will meet van Gerwen in the last 16 if he doesn't win that game he will surely be out of the top 16 and maybe even top 20. I do not see him come back if that happens or he has to change his attitude towards the pro tour.

If something special happens from another player at the world championship probably I guess Gurney has to fear the most at the moment.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

I think a year away from pdl will do Barneveld good look what happened to wade game then he can hopefully qualify for few euro tour events play the floor events to
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

foggs3355 wrote:I think a year away from pdl will do Barneveld good look what happened to wade game then he can hopefully qualify for few euro tour events play the floor events to
It won’t happen. Wade is 20 years younger and for now at least has his mental health issues in check which has allowed him to come back and start winning. Also being a new father seems to have been a massive spur to him and his two big wins in last month.

Barney is much older, seems to have serious issues with his diabetes and just doesn’t seem to have the energy to compete. There is no way he will travel over to UK for the Pro Tour floor events and even with the Euro Tour doesn’t seem interested. Although if he doesn’t get the PL he has less excuse not to do the early season ET qualifiers. Also gets into the new style UK Open as a tour card holder so that saves him some qualifiers in the UK. Can’t see him turning up for the replacement Pro Tours.

I think he would rather do exbos when he wants as is still a big draw so must pay very well and he can revel in the “glory” of former world champion at those type of events.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

See announcement by PDC Barney retiring end of year, so out of PL running.