PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 8633
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by devosteve » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:26 am

I thought it was a great night of darts. The crowd were good as well.

Re the contenders: it did help last night having Dobey playing. And it will help each week feel a bit different having a different player there. It will be interesting if they keep the concept next year (nice added incentive for the lakeside champ if he switches). I think there is a good chance they will.

I get the issue some have (as wade in interview above) with the player getting points from his game with the contender. yes different quality of player each week. But overall it worked for me. If they didn't get points it would be like a free night for the main player were as last night Mensur had to give his best, he couldn't switch off with the thought in the back of his mind that this was just a game to fill a gap in the night.

QWasn't sure about the contender idea before last night. Now I think it has been a good call.
Jocko Homo.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 16836
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by ssjsa » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:31 am

Confirmation that last night's overall average was over 100.

Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner

fling
Superleague Player
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by fling » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:41 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:23 pm
Barney lowest average hardly a shock, think a load of people cashed that in for the comp bonus question.
14 out of the 37 entries had Barney.
Table will be added later.

fling
Superleague Player
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by fling » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:43 am

Reinier wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:07 am
fling wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:45 am
Reinier wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:46 am
How much money did Dobey earn for last night’s efforts?
£3,500.
Not bad for a night's work
£7,000 if he had won?

Certainly not bad money!
It would have been £5,000 if he had won.
£2,500 appearance and £2,500 for winning. (You get £1,000 if you draw)

dartsyoungun
The Ton Club
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by dartsyoungun » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:24 pm

Should have won

Kinsella
Brass Darts
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Kinsella » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:49 pm

ssjsa wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:45 pm
James not holding back in his interview yesterday with LiveDarts.

That’s a pretty decent interview.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 7401
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by DavidOwen67 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:29 pm

Lowest average of 95?

But, but, but.... I was told that PDC televised events are littered with averages in the 70s and 80s.

Surely shome mistake?

daveboygreen
Superleague Player
Posts: 1946
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by daveboygreen » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:19 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:29 pm
Lowest average of 95?

But, but, but.... I was told that PDC televised events are littered with averages in the 70s and 80s.

Surely shome mistake?
Shome one will be along shortly to tell you to shut the feck up

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23641
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Paddy McGinty » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:52 pm

Are serious darts fans actually watching this shit?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

1205
The Ton Club
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by 1205 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:26 am

Kinsella wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:49 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:45 pm
James not holding back in his interview yesterday with LiveDarts.

That’s a pretty decent interview.
He's just annoyed that he got Van den Bergh. :grin:

But that was a good interview.

Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:46 am

1205 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:26 am
Kinsella wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:49 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:45 pm
James not holding back in his interview yesterday with LiveDarts.

That’s a pretty decent interview.
He's just annoyed that he got Van den Bergh. :grin:

But that was a good interview.
His draw definitely could have been worse and could have been better, but he does have a point. What I would say though is even if the table rankings for this year are a bit ludicrous, the contender games are ones the big guns will either be favourites or more or less 50-50. Above all I'm glad that he's speaking his mind and not being gagged by Hearn

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 16836
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by ssjsa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:26 pm

LiveDarts interview with Glen Durrant.

Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 16836
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by ssjsa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Livedarts interview with Wayne Mardle.

Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner

Garry Murphy
International
Posts: 6124
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Garry Murphy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:03 pm

ssjsa wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 pm
Livedarts interview with Wayne Mardle.

hypocrisy...the same mardle was one of those screaming out how price should be punished when it happened
Image

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 16836
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by ssjsa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Garry Murphy wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:03 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 pm
Livedarts interview with Wayne Mardle.

hypocrisy...the same mardle was one of those screaming out how price should be punished when it happened
Can you come back to us when you have actually watched the interview. ;-)

Mardle is not disputing that Price should have been punished, but rather the severity of the fine. :WWWW:
Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner

Garry Murphy
International
Posts: 6124
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Garry Murphy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:17 pm

ssjsa wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:07 pm
Garry Murphy wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:03 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 pm
Livedarts interview with Wayne Mardle.

hypocrisy...the same mardle was one of those screaming out how price should be punished when it happened
Can you come back to us when you have actually watched the interview. ;-)

Mardle is not disputing that Price should have been punished, but rather the severity of the fine. :WWWW:
really einstein ?

It was partly because of people like mardle who screamed loud enough and drew so much attention to it that the fine was so large.
Mardle went out of his way to make it out like he was committing some major crime which made it more public, which in turned made the fine possibly higher.

For the record I do not think the fine was excessive considering he earned six figures from his win.
But feel free to moan and argue because of the poster than the actual point being made.
Image

Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 pm

ssjsa wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:07 pm
Garry Murphy wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:03 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 pm
Livedarts interview with Wayne Mardle.

hypocrisy...the same mardle was one of those screaming out how price should be punished when it happened
Can you come back to us when you have actually watched the interview. ;-)

Mardle is not disputing that Price should have been punished, but rather the severity of the fine. :WWWW:
The poster known as Garry Murphy doesn't bother with a little thing like that when he has a chance to moan like a bitch haha

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 16836
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by ssjsa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:47 pm

Garry Murphy wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:17 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:07 pm
Garry Murphy wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:03 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 pm
Livedarts interview with Wayne Mardle.

hypocrisy...the same mardle was one of those screaming out how price should be punished when it happened
Can you come back to us when you have actually watched the interview. ;-)

Mardle is not disputing that Price should have been punished, but rather the severity of the fine. :WWWW:
really einstein ?

It was partly because of people like mardle who screamed loud enough and drew so much attention to it that the fine was so large.
Mardle went out of his way to make it out like he was committing some major crime which made it more public, which in turned made the fine possibly higher.

For the record I do not think the fine was excessive considering he earned six figures from his win.
But feel free to moan and argue because of the poster than the actual point being made.
Deflectors on full mode. ;-)
Attachments
20150908_Kirkw650.jpg
20150908_Kirkw650.jpg (81.24 KiB) Viewed 194 times
Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner

DavidB
International
Posts: 5142
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by DavidB » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:52 pm

:DDD:

User avatar
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player
Posts: 3768
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:26 pm

DavidB wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:52 pm
:DDD:
Duzza to stick it to the fanboys again this Thursday. Glorious!

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”