British Open & Classic 2018

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Bag Carrier
County Player

Re: British Open & Classic 2018

Post by Bag Carrier »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Apparently they do though. From FB.

"I seriously don't ever think I've been as angry at a BDO event than I am right now. £20 we paid for pairs! Wait 15 minites for a marker that doesn't turn up! Go to control and what do we get told "FIND YOIR OWN MARKER" what a piss take! So we were angry we were annoyed so we wait...and wait....and wait and Guess what.. no volunteer marker. So some lady with the other two players goes up and kicks off to be told tell them to pay for a marker (Head EXPLODED). By this point my heads gone! We loose the game 3-1. I go to control for 20 minutes arguing complaining moaning my arse off that we aren't marking as nobody gets scrapped for it. To be told I'd be brought the rules. The 'official' come back with no rules but wiping their eyes!! Completely ignores me..lets two bdo 'pros' by the side of me back into the comp after being called 3 times and scrapped from the event. I walked away in disbelief knowing that nothing would be sorted...FUMING! But seeing why these idiots are so far behind the PDC! Never have I been so angry at an event and this is also missing details out as I've ranted enough!!"

This was wrote by a Cheshire Player and not Durrant as it’s been posted elsewhere.
JFT97
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Bag Carrier wrote:

"I seriously don't ever think I've been as angry at a BDO event than I am right now. £20 we paid for pairs! Wait 15 minites for a marker that doesn't turn up! Go to control and what do we get told "FIND YOIR OWN MARKER" what a piss take! So we were angry we were annoyed so we wait...and wait....and wait and Guess what.. no volunteer marker. So some lady with the other two players goes up and kicks off to be told tell them to pay for a marker (Head EXPLODED). By this point my heads gone! We loose the game 3-1. I go to control for 20 minutes arguing complaining moaning my arse off that we aren't marking as nobody gets scrapped for it. To be told I'd be brought the rules. The 'official' come back with no rules but wiping their eyes!! Completely ignores me..lets two bdo 'pros' by the side of me back into the comp after being called 3 times and scrapped from the event. I walked away in disbelief knowing that nothing would be sorted...FUMING! But seeing why these idiots are so far behind the PDC! Never have I been so angry at an event and this is also missing details out as I've ranted enough!!"

This was wrote by a Cheshire Player and not Durrant as it’s been posted elsewhere.
Always bewilders me as to why folk on forums choose to post content from elsewhere but never says who it is from, Simple way to stop the blame being layed on anyone else is to simply state who it was that posted it in the first place but then again with attention seekers that are on here and elsewhere then hardly surprising that they like to leave things like this open to a bit of shit stirring!!

Tony...If you know who it was that said it then why not just name them??
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

daveboygreen wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

Always bewilders me as to why folk on forums choose to post content from elsewhere but never says who it is from, Simple way to stop the blame being layed on anyone else is to simply state who it was that posted it in the first place but then again with attention seekers that are on here and elsewhere then hardly surprising that they like to leave things like this open to a bit of shit stirring!!

Tony...If you know who it was that said it then why not just name them??
It's not a secret. Was posted on Facebook by Danny Ayres.

The point I'm making is that "big names" were apparently scratched but allowed back in, so don't be surprised if Duzza's mate gets entered late.
Daisy Mac
The Ton Club

Post by Daisy Mac »

Message sent to Justin

His blog is inaccurate this week. His final few paragraphs has nothing to do with me

Trouble free night and a great win

Regards
Ugly Bells Palsay Man
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: British Open & Classic 2018

Post by Deleted User »

Daisy Mac wrote:Message sent to Justin

His blog is inaccurate this week. His final few paragraphs has nothing to do with me

Regards
Ugly Bells Palsay Man
Have I won it again?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

:DDD: :DDD:
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Wow I’ve just read the KOTW blog for the first time in ages.

Am I allowed to chuckle but say how utterly brutal and offensive it is? But so offence no one should take it seriously.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Dannyboy wrote:Wow I’ve just read the Rambling blog blog for the first time in ages.

Am I allowed to chuckle but say how utterly brutal and offensive it is? But so offence no one should take it seriously.
Jc has cripplingly low self esteem
UKDA 4 Life
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

on a serious note surely officials do not treat 'big name' players differently than the small fry re the rules? That would be totally out of order.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Reinier
The Ton Club

Post by Reinier »

Great updates for the British Classic on the BDO website
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Reinier wrote:Great updates for the British Classic on the BDO website
Good ole Laura.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Stream is up:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

devosteve wrote:on a serious note surely officials do not treat 'big name' players differently than the small fry re the rules? That would be totally out of order.
Of course they do, it has always been the same, Phil's Darts Club being a prime example.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote:
devosteve wrote:on a serious note surely officials do not treat 'big name' players differently than the small fry re the rules? That would be totally out of order.
Of course they do, it has always been the same, Phil's Darts Club being a prime example.
Correct. Has happened both sides of the divide.

I understand that Duzza's mate Allan Edwards dud not get into the event.

Duzza was hoping the BDO had made an error or that they would relent, but apparently not.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Dawson looks like he's lost a bit of timber.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Dawson v Hogarth . Dawson on throw 13 dart first leg then 15 against the throw.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Hogarth with 2 15 darters to draw level. 160 finish first one followed by a 135 on the bull.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Dawson misses the bull on a 150 , hogarth then misses 144 on double 12. Dawson takes it 3-2
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Daisy Mac wrote:Message sent to Justin

Regards
Ugly Bells Palsay Man
Is that an upgrade from melted plastic bag face? :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Double Flops
Steady Sixties

Post by Double Flops »

Deta got lucky, other player had 4 match darts and nice to see some people using the stage as a bar ..leaning on it with a pint