Uncle Des and/or Auntie Sue lose Channel 4 (and maybe BT Sport too)

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Uncle Des and/or Auntie Sue lose Channel 4 (and maybe BT Sport too)

Post by nikkiboy »

only85 wrote:While not dessys biggest fan it is wholly possible that he didn’t know the true extent of the channel 4 not renewing directors don’t know everything regarding the whole business this is why there’s a sales director finance director & so on, all reporting to mr x& y & don’t forget those trusty non disclosure agreements, my own view is he has been done up like a kipper here by previous custodians of the posts & I do genuinely hope that this ain’t goodnight but I fear it may be,
Michelle McManus is warming up as we speak.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

only85 wrote:While not dessys biggest fan it is wholly possible that he didn’t know the true extent of the channel 4 not renewing directors don’t know everything regarding the whole business this is why there’s a sales director finance director & so on, all reporting to mr x& y & don’t forget those trusty non disclosure agreements, my own view is he has been done up like a kipper here by previous custodians of the posts & I do genuinely hope that this ain’t goodnight but I fear it may be,
Problem as well is the current financial director, who I’m guessing is in charge of finances, doesn’t get on in the slightest with the chairman.

Going to be hard to get her to agree on anything finance wise if she’s been front and centre of all of the problems for the last 3 years.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Uncle Des and/or Auntie Sue lose Channel 4

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote:Bravo :D

Anyway I see one of the Fanatics has now asked Channel 4. They are going to be upset when they get the same reply.
Well well well.

One of the Fanatics had exactly the same reply I did!

If any of the Fanatics are reading you can apologise when ready.
Big Jock Knew
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Has it been posted January 12th and 13th is a free week from Pro 14 rugby.
So Premier Sports and Freesports have free schedule time to show BDO.

I guess the issue will be they will want rights for free and BDO to pay for filming, so something BDO will need to find sponsor for.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Maybe the bet now is to get a channel like that just to show the final 2/3 days.
Big Jock Knew
Bruce Terrett
Superleague Player

Re: RE: Re: Uncle Des and/or Auntie Sue lose Channel 4

Post by Bruce Terrett »

Ginge wrote:

Anyway I see one of the Fanatics has now asked Channel 4. They are going to be upset when they get the same reply.
Well well well.

I also asked Channel 4. I figured that maybe the doubters would believe an occasional poster like myself, if they had any misgivings about your postings (I had no doubt your emails were genuine).
And guess what? Exactly the same reply you had!
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Uncle Des and/or Auntie Sue lose Channel 4

Post by Ginge »

Bruce Terrett wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Well well well.

I also asked Channel 4. I figured that maybe the doubters would believe an occasional poster like myself, if they had any misgivings about your postings (I had no doubt your emails were genuine).
Robert from the Fanatics had this one.

Looks familiar eh Image

Like I said they can apologise when ready :)

I'm less sure about BT Sport as I haven't seen a screenshot of the conversation someone on another site had with them, merely going off his word.
Big Jock Knew
Bruce Terrett
Superleague Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Uncle Des and/or Auntie Sue lose Channel 4

Post by Bruce Terrett »

Ginge wrote:
Bruce Terrett wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Well well well.

Robert from the Fanatics had this one.

Looks familiar eh Image

Like I said they can apologise when ready :)
Made me chuckle as all I asked was "Will Channel 4 be showing the BDO World Darts from The Lakeside in January 2019?" :)
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

London Eye wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:So the twats have completly fecked it. Within weeks of taking over......massive hit for real darts fans.
I would wager Uncle Des inherited the mess of the broadcasters bailing out, but he was on the board before he took over as Chairman anyway.....
Both the current chairman and finance director where board members in the run up to this disaster. Jacklin is so far out of his depth it is unbelievable, he is a builder FFS. And to think that Paul James and Tommy Thompson encouraged people to vote for him tells you everything you need to know about their lack of judgement.
Maybe that was their plan all along..... :grin:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
London Eye wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:So the twats have completly fecked it. Within weeks of taking over......massive hit for real darts fans.
I would wager Uncle Des inherited the mess of the broadcasters bailing out, but he was on the board before he took over as Chairman anyway.....
Both the current chairman and finance director where board members in the run up to this disaster. Jacklin is so far out of his depth it is unbelievable, he is a builder FFS. And to think that Paul James and Tommy Thompson encouraged people to vote for him tells you everything you need to know about their lack of judgement.
Maybe that was their plan all along.....
cos they knew Des was hopeless, and he might kill the bdo and make the edo more important ? ;-)
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

malcy93 wrote:Has it been posted January 12th and 13th is a free week from Pro 14 rugby.
So Premier Sports and Freesports have free schedule time to show BDO.

I guess the issue will be they will want rights for free and BDO to pay for filming, so something BDO will need to find sponsor for.
I’ve said for a while now that it would be their best bet to share it on that

Both weekends on freesports then the week on premier sports, try and get a long term deal to include the masters and wdt if it’s going ahead and try and get some kind of offer for reduced memberships, say half price for the week when the darts is on
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Have Egerton and his cronies apologised yet?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Let me check
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

No
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

He has acknowledged it's true though in reply to being asked is this proof enough. But no apology.

Over on real fanatics someone was asking "who is this idiot trotter". Trotter is famous at last.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Don't recall anything controversial in this thread that Trotted has posted.
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Ginge wrote:Don't recall anything controversial in this thread that Trotted has posted.
when did that ever matter to the fanatics when they just decided to deride people who they thought were "attacking the bdo"
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:Have Egerton and his cronies apologised yet?
No still not frozen over.
ChrisW
International

Re: Uncle Des loses Channel 4

Post by ChrisW »

trotter wrote:Des has obviously known that for weeks..Lakeside have known that for weeks which sort of confirms that Bob Potter is happy to stage it but not put up the sponsorship with no major TV coverage...all of which leaves the BDO in a mess and it's no wonder they are running round trying to get TV and /or sponsorship before they can confirm it's at Lakeside or wherever....very sad really
Was this one.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Uncle Des loses Channel 4

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
trotter wrote:Des has obviously known that for weeks..Lakeside have known that for weeks which sort of confirms that Bob Potter is happy to stage it but not put up the sponsorship with no major TV coverage...all of which leaves the BDO in a mess and it's no wonder they are running round trying to get TV and /or sponsorship before they can confirm it's at Lakeside or wherever....very sad really
Was this one.
Nothing wrong with that. They are a precious bunch aren't they.
Big Jock Knew