Uncle Des and/or Auntie Sue lose Channel 4 (and maybe BT Sport too)

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Uncle Des and/or Auntie Sue lose Channel 4

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:
oche balboa wrote:People are deluded
When on previous topics on fanatics folk say things like "let's get it back on the BBC" etc then I do wonder are they on the veins up or deluded.

The lack of discussion on both fanatic sites recently indicate though that a realisation that things looked doomed has set in.

unless they think there is still hope and a surprise is coming
The only surprise would be if it's on Channel 5. And major channels like that will have decided weeks ago what they would be showing in January.

Anything else and it's going to be a huge downgrade. Nobody else is going to be paying the amounts Channel 4 reportedly paid. The money they paid have effectively paid for the last 2 WDTs and last year's Winmau, and god knows what else.

Pathetic and dire times.
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Uncle Des and/or Auntie Sue lose Channel 4

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

If the current and previous BDO Board spent as much time trying to sort out their obvious problems, instead of stalking peoples facebooks, threatening to assault bloggers, or visiting the homes and work places of Dart forums admins and their families, threatening people with slaps, and putting their own personal interests first over the good of the organisation, then maybe...just maybe they would not be in the complete utter shambles they are now in.

I have zero sympathy for them or their fans who have the cheek to call the,selves fanatics when they dont attend events and there is nothing fanatic about them other than delusion
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
trotter
International

Re: Uncle Des loses Channel 4

Post by trotter »

devosteve wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:So does this effectively put the final nail in the coffin for the top end “professional” side off the BDO.
Depends who does broadcast this. If some 9th rate channel then I think it is the final nail.

The impact on morale will be unbelievable.
BBC , ITV and Channel 4 definitely no....really cannot see Channel 5 at all...obviously not Sky...which really leaves BT doing it on their own ( doubtful) , Eurosport or their Quest channel maybe sharing ( doubtful but possible ) or Premier Sports and Freesports sharing .....cannot see any other options than those.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Right here are the options

BBC, ITV, Sky, C4 All out for different reasons

Channel 5- Dont really deal with sport
Dave- This could be revisited. Did a good job with the World Trophy, But will they show 8 days worth of darts (Afternoon sessions)
BT Sport- Shared with C4 & BBC, unwilling to go "Alone" and has been claimed willl not share with other sport channels
Freesports- Doesnt get much viewing figures. People will moan they can "Afford" it and for a world championship it would be a disgrace
Premier- Same
Frontrunner- After the crap with World Trophy 2017 & an alling channel i cant see this even being a last resort
Eurosport- Will they show all 8 days, Again i cant see BT sharing with them if they do
Quest- May be an option, But will they want to show 8 days of darts.....unlikely

I'm willing to state that the 2019 BDO World Championship will be stuck on a stream at least till the QF stage. (Winmau, Unilad, BDO TV)

TV Companies MAY show the final 3 days of coverage as it will be easier

All in All. I cant blame Des for this (Unless he knew for months and didnt bother to tell people) The Last BDO Administation is possibly the worst a sport as ever seen.

It's a mess that could have been avoided
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Re: Uncle Des loses Channel 4

Post by ChrisW »

trotter wrote:
devosteve wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:So does this effectively put the final nail in the coffin for the top end “professional” side off the BDO.
Depends who does broadcast this. If some 9th rate channel then I think it is the final nail.

The impact on morale will be unbelievable.
BBC , ITV and Channel 4 definitely no....really cannot see Channel 5 at all...obviously not Sky...which really leaves BT doing it on their own ( doubtful) , Eurosport or their Quest channel maybe sharing ( doubtful but possible ) or Premier Sports and Freesports sharing .....cannot see any other options than those.
Streamed on Winmau Tv.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dave won't touch this whatsoever. If they were that interested in darts they would have kept the WDT. Them showing it in the first place was a Frank Warren-inspired fluke that imo won't be repeated.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:Dave won't touch this whatsoever. If they were that interested in darts they would have kept the WDT. Them showing it in the first place was a Frank Warren-inspired fluke that imo won't be repeated.

Who do you think will show it?

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote:Dave won't touch this whatsoever. If they were that interested in darts they would have kept the WDT. Them showing it in the first place was a Frank Warren-inspired fluke that imo won't be repeated.

Who do you think will show it?
I have absolutely no idea. Just can't see it being them.

In its current form a 9 day event (of which 7 days have 2 sessions) in deepesr darkest January may not be attractive to many at all. They won't even have the luxury of the event starting on the New Year holiday weekend for a couple of years now.

Time to cut it back to how it was a few years ago for 2020 to make it a more attractive sell with no weekday afternoons. Would be mutiny if they did it for 2019 so too late for that.

Ridiculous that in 9 days time you have a bunch of players playing in an qualifier for an event that has no confirmed broadcaster and venue. Yet they will all turn up and play in it and have their tummies tickled.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Steve E and at least one other bloke are claiming this is fake news. The many spelling errors, badly written.

They are saying you are making this up ginge
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Can’t disagree with that

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Steve E and at least one other bloke are claiming this is fake news. The many spelling errors, badly written.

Yup just seen. Well I have the email in my inbox, for some reason the apostrophes are coming through as question marks.

I have zero Photoshop skills mate, believe me it's genuine. If they don't want to believe the awful truth then that's up to them.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Steve E and at least one other bloke are claiming this is fake news. The many spelling errors, badly written.

Here is my inbox...

Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

More important than the CH4 confirmation. Where is Ginge off on his jollies?
It won't be Torremolinos or Turkey :)
Last edited by ChrisW on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:More important than the CH4 confirmation. Where is Ginge off on his jollies?
Never you mind :D
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Egerton not having it. :DDD:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:Egerton not having it. :DDD:
He's been invited to contact them himself, he will get the same answer I did. He's blinded by the grief from the news Channel 4 haven't been loyal.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Let him have his little moment, I will be going back to bump the thread when it is announced
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:Let him have his little moment, I will be going back to bump the thread when it is announced
Aye make sure you bookmark it ImageImage
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

If I'm not banned by then
Obviously
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Relax

Now its confirmed that Paula has definitely qualified for Lakeside

Its obvious that either Amazon Prime, Netflix or Facebook will be stepping in with a big money offer to show this spectacle