Achievements of the New BDO Board

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

Re: Achievements of the New BDO Board

Post by devosteve »

"Television coverage of the world’s longest running darts major will take place from Friday the 5th to Sunday the 7th of October and will be broadcast LIVE and FREE across the globe via WinmauTV"

why would they use this word? Just put coverage.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

It's live and it's free, imagine if it had been on Sky, millions would not have access.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Will be on their YouTube channel which can be watched on all of those devices anyway.

Oh, and come on! :DDD:
I'm being serious here, couple it with youtube as well but there will be at least 10,000 downloads on the first day and that's just the fanatics.

Not looked into how these things work but it's a fact that no TV station wants it and no sponsor wants to pay for it so in order to maintain a future which includes cameras the BDO need to do something radical, yes it may cost £25k - £50k to develop the app and get it rated on the app stores but couple it with a darts game and a dart scoring app (maybe even in associating with a betting company) in one and they could possibly find a new medium for BDO darts.
Why bother? They can reach the exact same audience just using their You Tube channel.
Why spend 25-50k (your estimate, I've not got a clue how much such a thing would cost) to develop an app? Or do you reckon they could save a few quid by creating their own app without outside help? Because seeing as it took them the best part of a fortnight to get a slightly tweaked version of an old website off the ground I don't rate their chances of putting together a usable app in the next 3 months, do you?

And I'm not sure tagging a darts game and darts scorer onto it adds value when there's already loads of them available and I'm fairly certain most of us already have such things downloaded onto our phones already.

And besides, this is the BDO we're talking about. When was the last time they attempted anything remotely new or different that didn't go completely tits up at the first available opportunity?
If they do create this ground breaking app you seem to want, you go right ahead and download it. I can pretty much guarantee your phone will be a virus-ridden, unusable mess within minutes.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Will be on their YouTube channel which can be watched on all of those devices anyway.

Oh, and come on! :DDD:
I'm being serious here, couple it with youtube as well but there will be at least 10,000 downloads on the first day and that's just the fanatics.

Not looked into how these things work but it's a fact that no TV station wants it and no sponsor wants to pay for it so in order to maintain a future which includes cameras the BDO need to do something radical, yes it may cost £25k - £50k to develop the app and get it rated on the app stores but couple it with a darts game and a dart scoring app (maybe even in associating with a betting company) in one and they could possibly find a new medium for BDO darts.
Why bother? They can reach the exact same audience just using their You Tube channel.
Why spend 25-50k (your estimate, I've not got a clue how much such a thing would cost) to develop an app? Or do you reckon they could save a few quid by creating their own app without outside help? Because seeing as it took them the best part of a fortnight to get a slightly tweaked version of an old website off the ground I don't rate their chances of putting together a usable app in the next 3 months, do you?

And I'm not sure tagging a darts game and darts scorer onto it adds value when there's already loads of them available and I'm fairly certain most of us already have such things downloaded onto our phones already.

And besides, this is the BDO we're talking about. When was the last time they attempted anything remotely new or different that didn't go completely tits up at the first available opportunity?
If they do create this ground breaking app you seem to want, you go right ahead and download it. I can pretty much guarantee your phone will be a virus-ridden, unusable mess within minutes.
What you call me?

:)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

One thing that has amused me about the new board is.

They have taken ranking points of the Quebec open in Canada as it’s played same time as Scheduled World Champs.

Yet they have allowed Warks vs Lancs to be played on the same weekend at the Scheduled World Champs.

Very strange. I’m guessing Warks and Lancs will have many players missing at Q School.
JFT97
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

There are people usually the 90s born or melenials earning decent cash out of YouTube adverts been liked to there own channels , think a few old codgers of the forum would have there eyes opened at the amounts for what I personally consider drivel,
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

BDO stars opening Kinder Eggs/playing with slime,
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

Well on their way to running this farce called the BDO into the ground faster than the previous board. That sir is an impressive achievement.
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Even if they announce lakeside this weekend will it even be half sold for the week
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

foggs3355 wrote:Even if they announce lakeside this weekend will it even be half sold for the week

You actually wonder if there is people inside the BDO that are trying to make things fail l.

Why they can’t announce a venue by knownis beyond Metz

As far as I know there has been NO PUBLIC showing if the funds for the Winmau. I’m guessing it’s the same as last year, But I personally have not seen anything.

Did people buy into broken promises and dreams.

I personally have my own views after contact the last 2-3 week as I don’t feel the BDO will go forward.
JFT97
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Bag Carrier wrote:
foggs3355 wrote:Even if they announce lakeside this weekend will it even be half sold for the week

You actually wonder if there is people inside the BDO that are trying to make things fail l.

Why they can’t announce a venue by knownis beyond Metz

As far as I know there has been NO PUBLIC showing if the funds for the Winmau. I’m guessing it’s the same as last year, But I personally have not seen anything.

Did people buy into broken promises and dreams.

I personally have my own views after contact the last 2-3 week as I don’t feel the BDO will go forward.
Honestly, what did you expect. A few of us on here told you what you where getting but too many delegates listened to the tripe coming from Tommy Thompson and Paul James and now here we are, who would have thought it eh?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

It's all Tommy's fault lol, gotta love London eye's consistency
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Of course it's not all TT's fault, but prior to the election both TT and Pauly were practically begging people to vote for Des. He was without a doubt the de facto EDO approved candidate.

If things get significantly worse with Des in charge, then neither TT nor Pauly will come out of it looking good, regardless of whether LE is pursuing a personal vendetta or not.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Aye they couldnt vote for the other guy who manages a PDC player as apparently that was a "conflict of interests", so instead they were advised to vote for the man who has a missus who is an active player, which apparently isnt a conflict of interests at all.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Des might have the passion and is a trier. But he simply does not have the experience, the contacts or the professional 'presence' to pull off what is needed in my opinion. He will I'm sure, given time and a following wind do better than the the Williams' but the tide is against him. He will do as well as many people would be able to given the time and energy to put into it. He doesn't have that extra edge that could get to the next level.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Skewball wrote:Des might have the passion and is a trier. But he simply does not have the experience, the contacts or the professional 'presence' to pull off what is needed in my opinion. He will I'm sure, given time and a following wind do better than the the Williams' but the tide is against him. He will do as well as many people would be able to given the time and energy to put into it. He doesn't have that extra edge that could get to the next level.
You may well be right on all counts, but over the last couple of years Des has been telling anyone who'd listen just what a great negotiator and all round business genius he is. If that turns out not to be true, then that's on him and no-one else.
Also, if "doing a bit better than Sue and Wayne managed" is going to be the barometer of success, then they might as well all pack up and go home now.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Skewball wrote:Des might have the passion and is a trier. But he simply does not have the experience, the contacts or the professional 'presence' to pull off what is needed in my opinion. He will I'm sure, given time and a following wind do better than the the Williams' but the tide is against him. He will do as well as many people would be able to given the time and energy to put into it. He doesn't have that extra edge that could get to the next level.
You may well be right on all counts, but over the last couple of years Des has been telling anyone who'd listen just what a great negotiator and all round business genius he is. If that turns out not to be true, then that's on him and no-one else.
Also, if "doing a bit better than Sue and Wayne managed" is going to be the barometer of success, then they might as well all pack up and go home now.
definitely, he has been a bit too narcissistic in his social media pronouncements over the years. I have said many times that running a Nightclub and being a property 'developer' (in the loosest sense) / Landlord does in no way make you a great 'businessman; or negotiator. It might, but its not a lot to shout about
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

And whilst they have been hammering the Twitter account, the FB account hasnt had a single post on it since the aborted website launch (11th September). The date is ironic, I guess.
Big Jock Knew
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

But turkey is at record entry numbers, so they are at least doing one thing right
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

TheSandman wrote:But turkey is at record entry numbers, so they are at least doing one thing right
And everyone has a good time.