Achievements of the New BDO Board

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Re: Achievements of the New BDO Board

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:2. Getting 75% of the mens stage matches at the Masters wrong, and only correcting it half a day later once bookies have taken bets on the original matches.
Ginge on the side of the greedy bookmakers there.........
This is just as inconvenient to the poor punters as it is the bookies, but then you knew that didn't you?

Incidentally, it's only of inconvenience to the single, solitary bookie who bothered to price this up in the first place.
Can't for the life of me think why the rest didn't bother.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:2. Getting 75% of the mens stage matches at the Masters wrong, and only correcting it half a day later once bookies have taken bets on the original matches.
This is just as inconvenient to the poor punters as it is the bookies, but then you knew that didn't you?

Incidentally, it's only of inconvenience to the single, solitary bookie who bothered to price this up in the first place.
Buzz has woken up...morning Buzz. The poor punters? I thought no one bothered with BDO events, stop changing your tune to suit your arguments, it's unbecoming.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Buzz has woken up...morning Buzz. The poor punters? I thought no one bothered with BDO events, stop changing your tune to suit your arguments, it's unbecoming.
Morning Padds. I've never said no-one bothers with BDO events. I'm well aware there's thousands of hard-core Fanatics out there who've been on tenterhooks waiting for this.
And I dare say a good number of them have tried to enhance their enjoyment by having a recreational punt on a few of the matches, only to now find the matches they've bet on aren't actually happening.
Embarrassing really, wouldn't you agree?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Morning Padds. I've never said no-one bothers with BDO events. I'm well aware there's thousands of hard-core Fanatics out there who've been on tenterhooks waiting for this.
And I dare say a good number of them have tried to enhance their enjoyment by having a recreational punt on a few of the matches, only to now find the matches they've bet on aren't actually happening.
Yes but on a positive note at least they'll get their money back and can live to fight another day. Overall the only folk to lose out will be the bookies. It's not the end of the world.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Yes but on a positive note at least they'll get their money back and can live to fight another day. Overall the only folk to lose out will be the bookies. It's not the end of the world.
You appear to be suggesting the Fanatics who would have been betting on this were guaranteed to lose.
Are you saying they're not actually that fanatical after all, and don't have the in-depth knowledge of their sport to spot value in the odds which they could take advantage of? Or are you just accusing them of being thick?
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:Or are you just accusing them of being thick?
Who better than Paddy to know his target audience at Real Fanatics?
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

lakeside confirmed yet ?
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Stranbougie wrote:lakeside confirmed yet ?
Given they're struggling to confirm who is playing who today, I wouldn't have thought so.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: This is just as inconvenient to the poor punters as it is the bookies, but then you knew that didn't you?

You appear to be suggesting the Fanatics who would have been betting on this were guaranteed to lose.
Are you saying they're not actually that fanatical after all, and don't have the in-depth knowledge of their sport to spot value in the odds which they could take advantage of? Or are you just accusing them of being thick?
No it's the ones who believe they can beat the bookies who are thick.....saying this there is nothing wrong with having a little punt once in a while.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Given they're struggling to confirm who is playing who today, I wouldn't have thought so.
It was confirmed two weeks ago.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zeyes wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:Or are you just accusing them of being thick?
Who better than Paddy to know his target audience at Real Fanatics?
Great decent discussion on The Real Fanatics.......you a member of the family yet?
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
No it's the ones who believe they can beat the bookies who are thick.....saying this there is nothing wrong with having a little punt once in a while.
I would agree with that absolutely. The only way to win long term is to be patient and selective with your bets.
However, a BDO tournament is exactly the time for the "Fanatics" to fill their boots, surely? And they've been denied that opportunity by administrative incompetence.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
I must have missed that. How many tickets have they sold?
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Achievements of the New BDO Board

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Maybe you should give the BDO a ring then, they missed this info from the end of yesterday's press release.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Morning Padds. I've never said no-one bothers with BDO events. I'm well aware there's thousands of hard-core Fanatics out there who've been on tenterhooks waiting for this.
I would agree with that absolutely. The only way to win long term is to be patient and selective with your bets.
However, a BDO tournament is exactly the time for the "Fanatics" to fill their boots, surely? And they've been denied that opportunity by administrative incompetence.
Now the draw has been sorted and with their refunds they will have double the money and good knowledge of who's playing up to form. With this current info they will have more chance to win some cash in future rounds.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Tickets not on sale yet but soon.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy taking Pieters word as gospel, never thought I would see the day.
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Now the draw has been sorted and with their refunds they will have double the money and good knowledge of who's playing up to form. With this current info they will have more chance to win some cash in future rounds.
How in the name of God does getting their initial bets refunded give them double the money?
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Tickets not on sale yet but soon.
But it was announced 2 weeks ago! The clock's ticking. They need to get the box office up and running asap, or it might not be the sell-out it's famed for being.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: You appear to be suggesting the Fanatics who would have been betting on this were guaranteed to lose.
How in the name of God does getting their initial bets refunded give them double the money?
It gives then double their current available money assuming they are using the same stake amount. honestly Buzz I thought you would of realised that.