When will lakeside/or any other venue gets announced

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: When will lakeside/or any other venue gets announced

Post by Paddy McGinty »

BlueSpark wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
trotter wrote:Even Pauly seems less optimistic now after saying he'd just come off a phone call and saying if you made a soap opera of it all people wouldn't believe it...then saying it's not good for the overseas players.....doesn't sound like an announcement is immediate going by that...
Overseas have to pay for flights possibly
Yes, they could drive or cycle over.
But Des was the one Paul was behind wasn't it? why would Paul have supported him if he had nothing to bring to the table?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
dartsyoungun
The Ton Club

Post by dartsyoungun »

Perhaps he wasn't told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth your honour
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

So where are we people, announcement of Premier Sports today?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Why would mace know and not others?

Yes he’s in the industry but bar being contacted by a production company for commentary I can’t see a situation where he would be one of the first to be told

I’m guessing Chinese whispers are going between players as I’ve seen a few people starting the “I’m hearing a few things privately” posts.

Also I noticed the other day Paul and others are now saying the indigo is ready and waiting with a multi year deal from next year. Bit a of quick change from ready to pick it up with a weeks notice
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Why would mace know and not others?

Yes he’s in the industry but bar being contacted by a production company for commentary I can’t see a situation where he would be one of the first to be told

I’m guessing Chinese whispers are going between players as I’ve seen a few people starting the “I’m hearing a few things privately” posts.

Also I noticed the other day Paul and others are now saying the indigo is ready and waiting with a multi year deal from next year. Bit a of quick change from ready to pick it up with a weeks notice
I am sure they would love to fill their venue in a quiet week, like any other venue in the UK that week not showing a panto....issue is who pays for it?
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

booking a venue and actually running and paying for a successful event is quite something else!

regarding this year, the late notice has got Premier Sports written all over it, not great really.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Eurosport or BT Sport is my guess
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

Hang on Oche, i thought you knew already? So why would you need to guess???
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
trotter wrote:Even Pauly seems less optimistic now after saying he'd just come off a phone call and saying if you made a soap opera of it all people wouldn't believe it...then saying it's not good for the overseas players.....doesn't sound like an announcement is immediate going by that...
But Des was the one Paul was behind wasn't it? why would Paul have supported him if he had nothing to bring to the table?
But Paddy you told us yesterday that you and Paul already knew all the details....
whatty180
Brass Darts

Post by whatty180 »

I've never got the obsession of having it in january. If they are really struggling then move it to the spring/summer and buy a bit of time to sort out a decent tv deal etc.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

whatty180 wrote:I've never got the obsession of having it in january. If they are really struggling then move it to the spring/summer and buy a bit of time to sort out a decent tv deal etc.
By which point most of next years ranking events will have been played....Can't see it as a viable option
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

daveboygreen wrote:
whatty180 wrote:I've never got the obsession of having it in january. If they are really struggling then move it to the spring/summer and buy a bit of time to sort out a decent tv deal etc.
By which point most of next years ranking events will have been played....Can't see it as a viable option
Perfectly viable, Lakeside already happens each year when a quarter of the qualifying year for the following Lakeside has been and gone, so why not?

And if its a permanent change to spring or summer you just adjust the next qualifying year to take into account a longer period, before reverting back to a 12 month cycye.
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Moving it to spring would mean it wouldn't immediately follow Ally Pally when it constantly suffers in comparison, especially when people remember the latter stages of Ally Pally and then see the preliminary and first rounds of Lakeside....hold it in a quiet ish TV period for the PDC would help it's own identity and less comparison....worth a try surely.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nobody has asked on the Lakeside Darts FB page for 8 days now. Have they all lost hope?
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Nobody has asked on the Lakeside Darts FB page for 8 days now. Have they all lost hope?
Like Paddy they already know what's happening
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Nobody has asked on the Lakeside Darts FB page for 8 days now. Have they all lost hope?
All true darts fans have been told, just not the players. Or something.
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
All true darts fans have been told, just not the players. Or something.
Yes,Bigworm has been pissing himself for weeks at all the speculation...
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
But Paddy you told us yesterday that you and Paul already knew all the details....
No dont lie.....I said I knew the venue......I don't lnow whatPaul lnows.....how did you come to yhis conclusion?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
whatty180
Brass Darts

Post by whatty180 »

daveboygreen wrote:

I see your point but surely it would be better to move it and deal with it for a year than the farce it is turning out to be now.
Like ginge has said it is not played at the end of the 'season' anyway so I suppose they could do it if they really needed to. Players would piss and moan either way anyway.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ANNOUNCEMENT OF AN ANNOUNCEMENT KLAXON!!!!!

[tweet]1052920258523217920[/tweet]
Big Jock Knew