When will lakeside/or any other venue gets announced

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: When will lakeside/or any other venue gets announced

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Lakesides latest response.

"we are currently being starved of information from the BDO, not spoke to them for weeks and all I can say is I hope any hour any day now they now they come forward and tell us something"

"we really hope its actually on and at the Lakeside as we booked the venue and hotel out months ago in anticipation, if its not on we are going to end up losing a lot of money"

Doesnt sound good at all.
But but but Pieter was told it was 100% on there?!?! He did an exclusive news article and everything!!!

https://dartsnews.com/exclusive-bdo-wor ... e-in-2019/
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

dartsyoungun wrote:So Lakeside want it but at what price?
Well I’m guessing they can’t afford to not have and they can’t afford to pay the prize money with no tv and no tickets sold

I’m guessing it’s either

Lakeside have told the bdo to go away and come back when they have tv

Or

Des or sportotal thinks/thought they could get a better deal elsewhere and are shopping for venues and tv at the minute
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

"we are currently being starved of information from the BDO, not spoke to them for weeks and all I can say is I hope any hour any day now they now they come forward and tell us something"

"we really hope its actually on and at the Lakeside as we booked the venue and hotel out months ago in anticipation, if its not on we are going to end up losing a lot of money"

Is that a genuine response or a wind up ?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

trotter wrote:

100% genuine
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

WHat a fucking disgrace
SportTotal/BDO should hang their heads in shame if this is a true reflection of what is going on.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Des is playing hardball here with Potter. He knows Lakeside is desperate and so he has threatened to move to another venue to get them to increase the prize funds.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I don't think Des and the board can do anything.
Sportotal have them by the sack, nothing they can do about it without contract breach number 28 I feel.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
I’m guessing it’s either

Or

Des or sportotal thinks/thought they could get a better deal elsewhere and are shopping for venues and tv at the minute

des jackchin wrote: personally I’m taking 2 days off and just waiting for everything to fall into place back home
See it's going to be ok everything has fallen into place int he last 4 days apparently they just haven't told anyone yet
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
trotter wrote:

100% genuine
Can't be genuine as has no mention of the price of a burger and chips nor any mention of the 100's of variety stars who have performed on the same stage over the last 40 years
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So much for Skewy winning today then.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote:

But but but Pieter was told it was 100% on there?!?! He did an exclusive news article and everything!!!

Pieter you see you are lurking. Will you be retracting this article?
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:So much for Skewy winning today then.
I should say, what was I thinking picking a date when the Chairman is on a paid holiday trip watching his missus beat a load of Turkish Maids.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Pieter you see you are lurking. Will you be retracting this article?
Https://dartsnews.com/martin-adams-lake ... tification
Last edited by ChrisW on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote:
I should say, what was I thinking picking a date when the Chairman is on a paid holiday trip watching his missus beat a load of Turkish Maids.
Kinky
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
dartsyoungun wrote:So Lakeside want it but at what price?
Well I’m guessing they can’t afford to not have and they can’t afford to pay the prize money with no tv and no tickets sold

I’m guessing it’s either

Or

The real problem with this scenario is that (according to the BDO website at least), the dates are pretty much set in stone. You would think that would fundamentally weaken any bargaining position they think they've got with other venues and TV companies.
"We want to hire your venue / sort a TV deal with you, but it has to be on these exact dates".
If I was a venue owner and someone came to me with that opening gambit my eyes would light up. It's an open invitation to rob them blind.

But then, we know the head of the BDO is blessed with world class business acumen and negotiating skills, so we can rule out that scenario, surely......
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

something about "progress under des"
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Skewball wrote:
Are there any rules which prevent him entering again as there are still dates available in the future from looking at the list
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

el_ringo wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Are there any rules which prevent him entering again as there are still dates available in the future from looking at the list
Yes the one entry per player rule.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
trotter wrote:

100% genuine
But who has said this and to whom in what context?

Surely if I rang up lakeside they wouldn't just give this info out, or would they?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Pauly has just posted the video to I've got a feeling tonight's gonna be a good night on Real Fanatics......is that tongue in cheek or..............?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

devosteve wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
trotter wrote:

100% genuine
But who has said this and to whom in what context?

Surely if I rang up lakeside they wouldn't just give this info out, or would they?
Literally rang up and asked the bloke if he knew what was going on and that was his response.

Like Ginge have said in the past they are pretty open about it, why wouldnt they be when they are getting it in the neck by people? they can just throw the BDO under the bus for this.