When will lakeside/or any other venue gets announced

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: RE: Re: When will lakeside/or any other venue gets announced

Post by ChrisW »

Skewball wrote:
ChrisW wrote:"Hearn's media will destroy the BDO before the BDO even realize what's going on. If they wanted to"

Quote of the week.
Accurate though.
Really?
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When will lakeside/or any other venue gets announced

Post by Skewball »

ChrisW wrote:
Skewball wrote:
ChrisW wrote:"Hearn's media will destroy the BDO before the BDO even realize what's going on. If they wanted to"

Quote of the week.
Accurate though.
Really?
Yeah.
TV companies and sponsors pay literally millions of pounds every year to PDC. It's highly likely that the bdo will get no cash from eurosport once Sportotal and production costs have been paid, and that's at best.

The difference is beyond comparison.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Skewball wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Quote of the week.
Accurate though.
Really?
Yeah.
TV companies and sponsors pay literally millions of pounds every year to PDC. It's highly likely that the bdo will get no cash from eurosport once Sportotal and production costs have been paid, and that's at best.

Did you read the post?
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When will lakeside/or any other venue gets announced

Post by Skewball »

ChrisW wrote:
Skewball wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Quote of the week.
Accurate though.
Really?
Yeah.

Did you read the post?
Yeah. If they wanted to they could . They have the resources and the means.
They don't want to though, and neither should they.
ChrisW
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: When will lakeside/or any other venue gets announced

Post by ChrisW »

Skewball wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Skewball wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Skewball wrote:Accurate though.
Really?
Yeah.

Did you read the post?
Yeah. If they wanted to they could . They have the resources and the means.
They don't want to though, and neither should they.
:roll:
oche balboa
International

Re: When will lakeside/or any other venue gets announced

Post by oche balboa »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Yes gazmong you win

Skewball, Brett,Nikki are desperate to see this fail and crash & burn all for different agendas

Nikki believes it will get more posts on the forum, he’s hatred comes from that
I honestly couldn't care that much Chris and if you think I do then you need to remember that this is just a forum about a game of darts.

Infact I could quote about 20 posts I made in the last year saying they needed to get involved with a broadcaster that can offer them a multi year deal.

The things stopping it being an amazing deal imo

- That the BDO seem to be going full scale into yet another "look we are just as good as the PDC and we are going to compete again". If the last couple of years have told us anything its that the market is too small for 2 organizations and hearns Media partners could destroy the BDOs reputation before the BDO even realize what was going on if they wanted to. The bet 365 post today shows how easy it is, it was probably seen and liked than more people that ever read the press releases yesterday.
- That there is no mention of production and who is doing it. A tendered out production crew could do wonders with the tournaments, if the BDO go 24/7 its going to do more harm than good.
- That people seem to want to celebrate that Lakeside is now gone from traditional terrestrial TV. Being on Quest is going to see the viewing figures completely plummet, being on Eurosport is going to be even lower.
- That it sounds like its going to be geoblocked outside of a few countries
- That if there is no money involved the BDO is going to use up all of its cash reserves before the 3 years is up. Seems like everyone has forgot how much money the WDT and the masters have lost in the last 2 years.

If the BDO (and Des said he was going to be 100% open with everyone) confirms its going to use this deal to cement themselves as a great 2nd string organisation and not try and compete, that IMG is going to do the coverage (or similar) for all 9 events and that they have recieved money covering everything then I will happyily say its an amazing deal for the BDO and everyone involed deserves credit.

The BDO havent gone on a full scale "We are as good as the PDC" they have simply got all there events on TV and the players have the knowledge its on TV. Thats a positive compared to before. Maybe the BDO in its own way can get better. Bet365 are morons who are losing customers hand over fist, It possibly excited you and Bradders but its not even banter, well its Banter from a 7 year old. And people will know its on TV & at Lakeside from it so meh.

I agree about Production, I'm a bit concerned its a 24/7 deal but i dont think a 3 year deal would have been signed without some decent production.

I'm sure Jacklin would have got something lined up for sponsorship or what money is being paid.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

oche balboa wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Skewball, Brett,Nikki are desperate to see this fail and crash & burn all for different agendas

I honestly couldn't care that much Chris and if you think I do then you need to remember that this is just a forum about a game of darts.

Infact I could quote about 20 posts I made in the last year saying they needed to get involved with a broadcaster that can offer them a multi year deal.

- That the BDO seem to be going full scale into yet another "look we are just as good as the PDC and we are going to compete again". If the last couple of years have told us anything its that the market is too small for 2 organizations and hearns Media partners could destroy the BDOs reputation before the BDO even realize what was going on if they wanted to. The bet 365 post today shows how easy it is, it was probably seen and liked than more people that ever read the press releases yesterday.
- That there is no mention of production and who is doing it. A tendered out production crew could do wonders with the tournaments, if the BDO go 24/7 its going to do more harm than good.
- That people seem to want to celebrate that Lakeside is now gone from traditional terrestrial TV. Being on Quest is going to see the viewing figures completely plummet, being on Eurosport is going to be even lower.
- That if there is no money involved the BDO is going to use up all of its cash reserves before the 3 years is up. Seems like everyone has forgot how much money the WDT and the masters have lost in the last 2 years.

If the BDO (and Des said he was going to be 100% open with everyone) confirms its going to use this deal to cement themselves as a great 2nd string organisation and not try and compete, that IMG is going to do the coverage (or similar) for all 9 events and that they have recieved money covering everything then I will happyily say its an amazing deal for the BDO and everyone involed deserves credit.

The BDO havent gone on a full scale "We are as good as the PDC" they have simply got all there events on TV and the players have the knowledge its on TV. Thats a positive compared to before. Maybe the BDO in its own way can get better. Bet365 are morons who are losing customers hand over fist, It possibly excited you and Bradders but its not even banter, well its Banter from a 7 year old. And people will know its on TV & at Lakeside from it so meh.

I agree about Production, I'm a bit concerned its a 24/7 deal but i dont think a 3 year deal would have been signed without some decent production.

I'm sure Jacklin would have got something lined up for sponsorship or what money is being paid.
How is any of it a positive? it has taken until yesterday to announce anything and I honestly do not know how any player can commit to playing the BDO tour next year with the goal of making it to the BDO worlds after all the shite this time around and feel that they will have a World Championship to play in or there will be anything worth playing for, I expect a mass of BDO players to be at Q-School, I certainly wouldn't commit to playing BDO events if all that is on the table is another half arsed effort at a World Championships by those running the show.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:- That the BDO seem to be going full scale into yet another "look we are just as good as the PDC and we are going to compete again". If the last couple of years have told us anything its that the market is too small for 2 organizations and hearns Media partners could destroy the BDOs reputation before the BDO even realize what was going on if they wanted to. The bet 365 post today shows how easy it is, it was probably seen and liked than more people that ever read the press releases yesterday.

Just on these points alone, firstly are The EFL trying to compete with The Premier League by getting their matches on tv?? Are the World Seniors snooker trying to compete with World Snooker by getting their events on tv?? The answers are obviously no - the fact is there is a market for it and it’s the same with BDO darts - it’s darts on tv, simple as!

If traditional terrestrial tv is simply BBC1/2, ITV1, C4 and C5 then there is currently only one darts event on terrestrial tv!!! Fact is it’s as easy to stumble across Quest as it is ITV4.

There is an obsession by some with money lost - in any case, don’t Winmau finance The Winmau World Masters??
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

daveboygreen wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

How is any of it a positive? it has taken until yesterday to announce anything and I honestly do not know how any player can commit to playing the BDO tour next year with the goal of making it to the BDO worlds after all the shite this time around and feel that they will have a World Championship to play in or there will be anything worth playing for, I expect a mass of BDO players to be at Q-School, I certainly wouldn't commit to playing BDO events if all that is on the table is another half arsed effort at a World Championships by those running the show.

Except there is a world championship on tv for the next 3 years and players are already playing in qualifying events for the edition in a years time!

Or am I missing the point??
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

"THEY'RE ALL CRYING OVER HERE" c'mon sing along......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

You think a bookie are losing customers "hand over fist" because of a tweet they sent out taking the piss out of the BDO?

ImageImageImageImageImage
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

You think a bookie are losing customers "hand over fist" because of a tweet they sent out taking the piss out of the BDO?

Delicate flowers if they are.
I did think the director of youth"s reply was amusing though.
Last edited by ChrisW on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Seems someone else is trying to the find the answer to a question people are being called sad for asking
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Image

Seems someone else is trying to the find the answer to a question people are being called sad for asking
Its alright he's not a forum hater though so a valid enquiry.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Image

Ha Ha brilliant !
Ian is the new Bret , lol
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

I did think the director of youth"s reply wad amusing though.
One of the delicate flowers on the bet365 Tweet said he was going to Paddypower instead.

Yes, the same Paddypower who take the piss out of everyone and anyone, including the BDO in the past. Tit .
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

I did think the director of youth"s reply wad amusing though.
One of the delicate flowers on the bet365 Tweet said he was going to Paddypower instead.

Yes, the same Paddypower who take the piss out of everyone and anyone, including the BDO in the past. Tit .
That's the one.
[tweet]1057413932623769600[/tweet]
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Not at all but there are people closing their accounts on bet365 in the last 12 months because they don’t offer value

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Bradders I still have my bet365 account

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Not at all but there are people closing their accounts on bet365 in the last 12 months because they don’t offer value
Didn't realise we had a betting expert on the forum Image
Au contraire, I made a tidy sum from them over the summer as they priced up a load of markers wrong.
Big Jock Knew