Quest
20%
Eurosport
22%

Total votes: 46

Deleted User

Re: Bdo Worlds 2019

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Only fair the wager reflects the actual odds tbh, no way is it an evens shot.

1/10 it takes place against 8/1 it doesnt, IMO.
1/40 v 25/1 seems about right to me.

Regards,
Des Facebook
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Ginge wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Ginge wrote:I see Chris Mason is playing the "I know something you all dont" regarding all this on Facebook. Knows who will be showing it, apparently.
Still doesn’t mean it’s tv though

He seems to think its vanishing behind a paywall.
All this bullshit flying around. The new board must be so proud.
Meet the new board, same as the old board.........
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

So Drupid is bottling it
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: Bdo Worlds 2019

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote:So Drupid is bottling it
Oh dear. You offered a stupid bet. I said "No."
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well if you both want to win £100 to amount you stake should reflect the real life odds.

So lets say its a 1/20 shot that it happens, or 1.05 for the exchanges and that is the lay price also.

You will both need to lay £2000 to win £100 back. Seems fair.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Or I could stake 6 or 7 quid on it not happening.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Anyway, if they have a broadcaster just bloody announce it, they never learn.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: Bdo Worlds 2019

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Anyway, if they have a broadcaster just bloody announce it, they never learn.
They would announce it like it was a triumph.

The silence means they don't have one yet.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Adverts for next years Turkish Open jolly will be posted before the news about the Worlds at this rate.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:
Well if you both want to win £100 to amount you stake should reflect the real life odds.

So lets say its a 1/20 shot that it happens, or 1.05 for the exchanges and that is the lay price also.

You will both need to lay £2000 to win £100 back. Seems fair.

Fuck off. It’s just a flat bet he can have the streamed option too

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Why should it be a flat bet when the odds on both outcomes isn't evens?
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Oh Jesus Christ....

DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Ginge wrote:I see Chris Mason is playing the "I know something you all dont" regarding all this on Facebook. Knows who will be showing it, apparently.

He says ‘satellite’ - if it’s on Premier Sports then they might well have a free stream on their Facebook page as they did for The World Masters in 2016...
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

malcy93 wrote:
devosteve wrote:
trotter wrote:
devosteve wrote:Let's be honest. This will definitely be televised. It must be.

The reason I say this: I am now watching live cricket on free sports.

Nangarhar v balkh. Afghanistan Premier league!
With no crowd from the match I saw a bit of ?...this is backed by wealthy Asians though and played in Sharjah and has proper TV coverage in Asia ..the BDO don't have that Base to work from...it's up to them to get the TV coverage organised and a station to show it and that's the hard part...I'm sure Freesports would show it if it was provided for them already packaged and done..
Fair point.

But now I am watching ipa premier league pool on free sports.

Crowd is a few guys boozing.

One guy on now is absolutely massive. Think his name is Marsh.

Again if this gets TV then surely the bdo can get it? And if they ended up on a channel like this it wouldn't be something to crow about?
We keep repeating ourselves.

I am sure Freesports would love to show BDO World.

However as with the other sports they show they would expect the rights for free and BDO to pay all production costs.

However BDO have no sponsor to pay for this. Plus where would money for a prize fund come from. The players would have to play for free and then try and use publicity to sell more future exbo tickets.

I’ve seen some of this pool on Freesports - I think the production is done by 247dottv who have done BDO darts - so given its played in what mainly looks like pool halls with no crowd, who pays for this then?? Surely Freesports pay something, no??
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

DavidB wrote:
malcy93 wrote:
devosteve wrote:
trotter wrote:
devosteve wrote:Let's be honest. This will definitely be televised. It must be.

The reason I say this: I am now watching live cricket on free sports.

Nangarhar v balkh. Afghanistan Premier league!
With no crowd from the match I saw a bit of ?...this is backed by wealthy Asians though and played in Sharjah and has proper TV coverage in Asia ..the BDO don't have that Base to work from...it's up to them to get the TV coverage organised and a station to show it and that's the hard part...I'm sure Freesports would show it if it was provided for them already packaged and done..
Fair point.

But now I am watching ipa premier league pool on free sports.

Crowd is a few guys boozing.

One guy on now is absolutely massive. Think his name is Marsh.

Again if this gets TV then surely the bdo can get it? And if they ended up on a channel like this it wouldn't be something to crow about?
We keep repeating ourselves.

I am sure Freesports would love to show BDO World.

However as with the other sports they show they would expect the rights for free and BDO to pay all production costs.

However BDO have no sponsor to pay for this. Plus where would money for a prize fund come from. The players would have to play for free and then try and use publicity to sell more future exbo tickets.

I’ve seen some of this pool on Freesports - I think the production is done by 247dottv who have done BDO darts - so given its played in what mainly looks like pool halls with no crowd, who pays for this then?? Surely Freesports pay something, no??
You would think so ..the event is organised by the IPA purely for Freesports...players pay a £170 entry fee for it and the Grand final pays a 5k first prize...so the outgoings are hugely less than the BDO Worlds...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:

He says ‘satellite’ - if it’s on Premier Sports then they might well have a free stream on their Facebook page as they did for The World Masters in 2016...
Never get the logic in a pay channel like this taking the rights and then making the whole thing available for free. Hardly going to increase subs if the whole thing is available free.

This is why Sky Sports whack the odd session of darts or the odd football game on their Mix channel.

In any case Premier now have a FTA channel which they didnt have in 2018, so doubt the same would happen again anyway.
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Ginge wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:

Never get the logic in a pay channel like this taking the rights and then making the whole thing available for free. Hardly going to increase subs if the whole thing is available free.

This is why Sky Sports whack the odd session of darts or the odd football game on their Mix channel.

In any case Premier now have a FTA channel which they didnt have in 2018, so doubt the same would happen again anyway.
Is freesports in HD on any platform?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Ginge wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote: Still doesn’t mean it’s tv though

"FreeSports released a statement in February 2018 that it will be going HD on the Sky platform in Summer 2018, however as of September 2018 the channel is only available in standard definition."

^^^that is from Wiki

As for Freeview it is on Channel 95, only available on certain transmitters.
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

That's the big problem with Freesports on the Sky platform..no HD...the picture quality on my TV is terrible....I had some cricket on and my son came in and said..oh my god what's wrong with the picture...the picture quality is not good and they've been promising HD for months..
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Ginge wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote: Still doesn’t mean it’s tv though

Yes HD on Virgin.

They pulled out of Sky / Freesat once they saw the costs. Too high. Had already started test transmissions.