Barney interview Gary will be pleased

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Barney interview Gary will be pleased

Post by Ginge »

Hasnt he promised all this before?

Do the winners of the Football World Cup host it the next time? Rugby World Cup?

The answer is no. Stupid suggestion.
Big Jock Knew
whatty180
Brass Darts

Post by whatty180 »

He thinks its the eurovision song contest
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

phil davies wrote:

Barney is promising to do the full tour again I’m sure this will please the Irishman :grin:

On a more serious note away from that claim I agree with some of his points especially about how the WCOD winners should host it the next year I always thought this should have been the case also about how Grand Prix needs to move from Dublin because of the poor crowds.
I have highlighted how Barney does this every year in late october / early november.
He done it last year, the year before , and the year before that. Its his way to keep in the news because he cant make the news from his darting ability any more.

Yet year in year out he gets an undeserved PL spot. The PL had no problem leaving Wade out when he needed to be dropped, but Barney always gets preferential treatment.
Here is a lazy player who last won a PDC Ranking TV Title over 11 years ago. Almost 12 years since he won his only proper world title
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Sky and the PDC would love it if Australia won the World Cup and they had to take everything and everybody out there and stage it in the middle of the night UK time..

I'll believe it when I see it about Barney doing the tour...It could be that he will be out of the top 16 after Ally Pally though and he'd need to do it if he wanted to play the main TV events next year...if he's out of the top 16 his free pass to those events will be over...but I know he feels a player of his achievements shouldn't have to qualify to play the Euro Tour events...the flip side of that is that if he'd played the events when he didn't have to qualify then he probably wouldn't now need to qualify for them anyway..
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

phil davies wrote:
Ginge wrote:Hasnt he promised all this before?

Do the winners of the Football World Cup host it the next time? Rugby World Cup?

The answer is no. Stupid suggestion.
Hardly the same though is it a annual small scale tournement played over a long weekend. Compared to truly global sporting events that last over a month and are played every 4 years.

Anyway even if you don’t agree with that then surely you agree that Holland probably deserves one big TV major stages their?
Trotter has already touched on the reason why it wont happen. They arent going to go to Australia to film it for a UK audience to watch in the early morning.

Neither will the PDC want it in a country where visas are harder to obtain...guessing this is why they moved it away from the UK :DDD:

As for your last statement - yes they should move the WGP there. Dying a death in that aircraft hangar near Dublin.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Anyone who doesn’t think Barney hasn’t deserved his PL spot and still doesn’t warrant a place doesn’t understand darts and how the PL works !!!

He’s a FIVE time world champion, he’s more popular now than ever before.

Also, has he actually said on video in past years he will play more??
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

I've been critical of Barney myself in the past, especially grating is how he's always held up as still being some darting behemoth depsite the fact that he never wins anything, but when it comes to the PL, I think you can make a solid case that he's deserved to be in it every year so far tbh - he's still a big draw for fans, he's been in 3 of the last 4 WC semi finals (and last year a narrow defeat to MVG in a good game) plus he still always manages to hold his own to enough of an extent in the PL that he isn't out of place.
Kinks
Steady Sixties

Post by Kinks »

BOOM wrote:I've been critical of Barney myself in the past, especially grating is how he's always held up as still being some darting behemoth depsite the fact that he never wins anything, but when it comes to the PL, I think you can make a solid case that he's deserved to be in it every year so far tbh - he's still a big draw for fans, he's been in 3 of the last 4 WC semi finals (and last year a narrow defeat to MVG in a good game) plus he still always manages to hold his own to enough of an extent in the PL that he isn't out of place.
I like Barney and on form he would be a great addition but unless he has a very strong Grand Slam or World Championship he should be dropped from the Premier League next year. The Dutch argument can’t be used in the same way now with MVG as it could have been 5 years ago. He’ll have to knuckle down like Lewis and Wade have tried to or start thinking about retiring.
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Yes, next year it could be a legitimate question...
Little Lonely Garry
International

we are told barney is a big name by mardle and clark.Some people actually believe that.
They tell people the PL destroyed mark webster, and spout all sort of nonsense that people believe.
That does not mean its true, and like the webster story, its bullshit.

From my many years on multiple forums, I can assure you barney is not as liked as some think, certainly not seen as a top player any longer and no surprise seeing as its almost 12 years since he won a major ranking tv event.

Being told that he is a top player who deserves a spot over and over dont make a lie the truth
With MVG who is far superior and also Dutch, the PL dont need Barney to sell tickets.

If the PL can survive without Taylor it most certainly can do without Barney
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

He did win the Grand Slam in 2012 so it's misleading to make out that he hasn't won a major title by framing it as a "major ranking tv event". That said, I do agree with the general thurst of your post.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Barney is a big name, simple as!!!
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Four semi final appearances from the last 6 world championships.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Of course he's a big name, one of the biggest ever, and he's always justified a pick in my eyes....but if he does nothing in the rest of the year and ends up outside the top 16 then it's time to look elsewhere....the trouble is to get 10 names there are not many players jumping out to nail a spot..Lewis won more PDC world titles and didn't get a pick when out of the top 16 ..I still think Sky will pick Barney regardless but I wouldn't myself now if he finishes out of the top 16..if he finishes well then I would go with him
Little Lonely Garry
International

trotter wrote:Of course he's a big name, one of the biggest ever, and he's always justified a pick in my eyes....but if he does nothing in the rest of the year and ends up outside the top 16 then it's time to look elsewhere....the trouble is to get 10 names there are not many players jumping out to nail a spot..Lewis won more PDC world titles and didn't get a pick when out of the top 16 ..I still think Sky will pick Barney regardless but I wouldn't myself now if he finishes out of the top 16..if he finishes well then I would go with him
my issue is people believing he is a top player.
Is there 10 better players for the PL, who knows..who cares, certainly not I, as I have no interest in the PL, as its just a glorified exbo,..even if it does have a huge prizefund.
I have never classed the PL as a major, no non ranking wildcard event can be a major in my opinion.

Its this notion that a lazy player, and a proven liar with zero motivation for the majority of events is somehow the ideal player to represent the PDC.
His attitude sucks, he has an excuse for every defeat, has not won a ranking major in almost 12 years, is sliding down the ranking, while those players with a better attitude, attend more events and are ranked higher are omitted.

I could buy the crap of he was needed for the dutch audience, those days are long gone.
And this stupidity that the PL needs him it more crap.
If the PL can survive the loss of Phil Taylor, the loss of Barney is nothing
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Garry Murphy wrote:
phil davies wrote:

Barney is promising to do the full tour again I’m sure this will please the Irishman :grin:

On a more serious note away from that claim I agree with some of his points especially about how the WCOD winners should host it the next year I always thought this should have been the case also about how Grand Prix needs to move from Dublin because of the poor crowds.
I have highlighted how Barney does this every year in late october / early november.
He done it last year, the year before , and the year before that. Its his way to keep in the news because he cant make the news from his darting ability any more.

Yet year in year out he gets an undeserved PL spot. The PL had no problem leaving Wade out when he needed to be dropped, but Barney always gets preferential treatment.
Here is a lazy player who last won a PDC Ranking TV Title over 11 years ago. Almost 12 years since he won his only proper world title
He's an older player with diabetes who tries to motivate himself every year, he just doesn't succeed, hope this helps.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Garry Murphy wrote:
phil davies wrote:

Hard to argue with this. Always gets crowbarred into the World Series events around the world, too. Between those and the PL every year it's a stack of free cash that he simply hasn't earned the right for a stab at.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Garry Murphy wrote:we are told barney is a big name by mardle and squinty eye clark.Some people actually believe that.
They tell people the PL destroyed mark webster, and spout all sort of nonsense that people believe.

From my many years on multiple forums, I can assure you barney is not as liked as some think, certainly not seen as a top player any longer and no surprise seeing as its almost 12 years since he won a major ranking tv event.

Being told that he is a top player who deserves a spot over and over dont make a lie the truth
With MVG who is far superior and also Dutch, the PL dont need Barney to sell tickets.

Hasn't won a floor event in 5 years either.

Since he won the PL in 2014 his only 4 wins have been a World Series event in Hong Kong and 3 World Cups where he was carried by MvG. Simply not the player he once was, an absolute top class act when he first joined the PDC.
SAFC
Superleague Player

Post by SAFC »

I would rather have Barney in the PL ahead of Lewis or Wade both for me have yet again done nothing all year when is the last time Wade did anything on telly? He has been shit at the worlds the last 4 year
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Garry Murphy wrote:we are told barney is a big name by mardle and squinty eye clark.Some people actually believe that.

I think referring to a guy suffering from Parkinson’s disease and still trying to work through it as “ squinty eye Clark” is uncalled for and a bit of a cunts trick.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx