Youth Grand Prix

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Youth Grand Prix

Post by ChrisW »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (64.03 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
Looks like a nice set-up. Good to see the EDO also doing something for youth darts about time they caught up with the JDO.
ChrisW
International

Re: Youth Grand Prix

Post by ChrisW »

Paul James using the post to fire off some more accusations against this forum I see.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Paul James
Admin · 1 hr
Great day at the England Darts youth Grand Prix at the GER club Cambridgeshire .
13year old Mitchell McCarthy won the £300 (cash) first prize and 14 year old Beau Greaves picked up £150 as girls champion , Dan Perry won the highest boys c/o of 155 £50 and Beau Greaves had £50 for the highest girls check out of 106 .
This series of events had a lot of criticism with a dart forum saying it was disgraceful youth were paid out in vouchers , all advertised prize money was paid in CASH in Selsey they received ADDITIONAL holiday vouchers on top of the cash , Beau played in some of the 8 qualifiers and walks away from the Grand Prix with earnings of at least £825 not bad for a 14 year old girl .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well it is disgraceful that youth are paid out in vouchers. Nobody can argue otherwise.

Not saying it's the case at this event but kids don't want vouchers, they want cash.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Posted well over an hour ago, I'll post the comments.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

I like how he's copying Des by tarring all posters on the forum, instead of just a few. Turning into a pathetic man who just seems to want to be liked by people who think he can offer anything to the game.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Anyway, credit where it's due, the set up looked brilliant. Fair play.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

ChrisW wrote:Paul James
Admin · 1 hr
Great day at the England Darts youth Grand Prix at the GER club Cambridgeshire .
13year old Mitchell McCarthy won the £300 (cash) first prize and 14 year old Beau Greaves picked up £150 as girls champion , Dan Perry won the highest boys c/o of 155 £50 and Beau Greaves had £50 for the highest girls check out of 106 .
This series of events had a lot of criticism with a dart forum saying it was disgraceful youth were paid out in vouchers , all advertised prize money was paid in CASH in Selsey they received ADDITIONAL holiday vouchers on top of the cash , Beau played in some of the 8 qualifiers and walks away from the Grand Prix with earnings of at least £825 not bad for a 14 year old girl .
He can't even get this right

The vouchers would of been paid out to their parents as they would be too young to be able to use them to attend the place alone.

Just out of interest what did it cost Beau to attend these 8 events with her parents ? I'll wager significantly more than £825 and we still don't know if there are any usage restricts on these additional vouchers as I suspect they are for only non darting weekend events.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Looks a good set up but I think to technical for steel darts. I think Darts connect is enough technology for the game. Don’t need screens for each game.

Just my opinion.
JFT97
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Bag Carrier wrote:Looks a good set up but I think to technical for steel darts. I think Darts connect is enough technology for the game. Don’t need screens for each game.

Just my opinion.
What do you think about the oche set-up.?
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Admin · 1 hr
Wasn’t this criticism on here originally from the parents of the girl he is raving about in his post and then regurgitated on here?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Admin · 1 hr
Wasn’t this criticism on here originally from the parents of the girl he is raving about in his post and then regurgitated on here?
Yup he’s attacking a forum when all the person didn’t who posted it was copy the complaints of a parent of one of the girls.

It’s too little too late, Jdc has overtaken them and have a monopoly on the youth side of things now.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

They aren’t completing with the JDC you utter moro.

They are providing some extra
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Haha what a moro!!
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Youth Grand Prix

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote:They aren’t completing with the JDC you utter moro.

Can you describe a Moro for me?

And of course they fucking are, this is the problem with that side of the game. They don’t understand that by trying to do something that someone else is already doing they are competing with them not “providing extra” “working alongside with” or anything of the sort. Also didn’t tt straight up say they wanted to offer an alternative to the jdc

Darts is not infinite and doesn’t have a vast spectrum, there are only so many players and when one is offering so much more than the others the other is never going to last, they had to rely on a free room and donations just to get this finals night played
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Youth Grand Prix

Post by Ginge »

Hnnmnnnnnnggggggg!!
Big Jock Knew
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

And of course they fekkin are, this is the problem with that side of the game. They don’t understand that by trying to do something that someone else is already doing they are competing with them not “providing extra” “working alongside with” or anything of the sort. Also didn’t tt straight up say they wanted to offer an alternative to the jdc

Darts is not infinite and doesn’t have a vast spectrum, there are only so many players and when one is offering so much more than the others the other is never going to last, they had to rely on a free room and donations just to get this finals night played
Edited by Admin
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Some extra? It wouldn't surprise me if Paul and Tommy pocketed more in expenses than the winning kids took home after paying their own way.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

And of course they fekkin are, this is the problem with that side of the game. They don’t understand that by trying to do something that someone else is already doing they are competing with them not “providing extra” “working alongside with” or anything of the sort. Also didn’t tt straight up say they wanted to offer an alternative to the jdc

Really?

They provided dates which didn’t clash with JDC events

Kids have played in both and should continue to do so

You are talking a load of shite Brett
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021