International

Re: BDO announce 3 year deal with Eurosport

Post by BlueSpark »

They can never compete.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

i posted a while ago that someone had built bridges with eurosport to get the 2017 master on there, if this is sportatals whole doing or not i dont know but a least theres a glimmer of future now well done,
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

BlueSpark wrote:They can never compete.

They can’t

But by announcing a multi year deal with the only tv rival left they are basically sticking a middle finger up at hearns offer to help and still thinking they are the same as the pdc. Even Paul’s post on Sunday said that there is no difference between the 2 organisations.

If they use this to truly cement themselves as a secondary organisation then this can be great for them and can secure the future of the bdo. If they go into this thinking it’s the start of the rise of the bdo then it’s going to end very badly.

One quick thing, there is no mention of if Eurosport is doing the coverage or if they have just bought the coverage. 24/7 needs to be nowhere near this but Eurosport have taken their coverage before.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Why do you care? Just let them get on with it
UKDA 4 Life
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zapp wants the BDO to die, This has pissed him off
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO announce 3 year deal with Eurosport

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Zapp wants the BDO to die, This has pissed him off
.Image
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:They can never compete.

They can’t

But by announcing a multi year deal with the only tv rival left they are basically sticking a middle finger up at hearns offer to help and still thinking they are the same as the pdc. Even Paul’s post on Sunday said that there is no difference between the 2 organisations.

If they use this to truly cement themselves as a secondary organisation then this can be great for them and can secure the future of the bdo. If they go into this thinking it’s the start of the rise of the bdo then it’s going to end very badly.

One quick thing, there is no mention of if Eurosport is doing the coverage or if they have just bought the coverage. 24/7 needs to be nowhere near this but Eurosport have taken their coverage before.
That last question is what would make this a great deal vs a good deal. There is going to be a lot of money needed for production and prize money.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Zapp wants the BDO to die, This has pissed him off
.Image
Oh no i got something wrong lol

The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Credit were it's due. A 3 year deal for and org many (myself included) thought was dead is fantastic news. Well done to all involved.

Ticket sales at Lakeside will still sell, it almost sells itself. The problem is the other 2 comps. One idea would be to offer those who but Lakeside tickets to be offered a 50% discount on tickets for other events.

They only need to double sales that way to still keep the same revenue. Even maybe a "season ticket" for all 3 events in a package.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Thinking of one.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

The Crusader wrote:Credit were it's due. A 3 year deal for and org many (myself included) thought was dead is fantastic news. Well done to all involved.

Ticket sales at Lakeside will still sell, it almost sells itself. The problem is the other 2 comps. One idea would be to offer those who but Lakeside tickets to be offered a 50% discount on tickets for other events.

They only need to double sales that way to still keep the same revenue. Even maybe a "season ticket" for all 3 events in a package.

I like that idea

The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

oche balboa wrote:
The Crusader wrote:Credit were it's due. A 3 year deal for and org many (myself included) thought was dead is fantastic news. Well done to all involved.

I like that idea
I do occasiinally have them Image

Thinking of one.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

BlueSpark wrote:Well done BDO, some continuity with their coverage. A good deal.
All that's left is to put Lakeside tickets on sale so i can buy some.
serious question why are you going? you rile against the bdo why support something you hate with venom & constantly mock !
Zeyes
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BDO announce 3 year deal with Eurosport

Post by Zeyes »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Thank god, a multi year and event deal with a respected broadcaster. Sportotal I doff my cap to you.
Quite right
Indeed. Des couldn't interfere or it would have been the 28th contract breach.
Hes happy to take credit for it on the press release !
Stephen Holland is happy to take the money instead, I reckon. Will this actually inject any cash into the BDO or are they on the hook for running tournaments they can't afford for three more years anyway? Better hope Des has all his promised sponsors on speed dial...
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

only85 wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Well done BDO, some continuity with their coverage. A good deal.
All that's left is to put Lakeside tickets on sale so i can buy some.
serious question why are you going? you rile against the bdo why support something you hate with venom & constantly mock !
The way it's run is ridiculous, what else is there to do other than laugh? Even the most ardent BDO fan would agree. You only have to have a brief perusal at the fanatics pages to see this is true.
This is a darts forum, we are all darts fans and ergo watch darts wherever it is and whoever puts it on.
I think you may be slightly misguided as at no point have I ever said I hate the BDO, let alone with any venom. I play in and have attended BDO events and have so for years. Doesn't stop me laughing at them for their incompetence.
Hope this helps.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

About as good as they could hope for really. Just need to confirm the venue, get the tickets on sale and they will rescue this year's event.

Des in credit at the moment!

I notice they've moved the World Trophy dates to the end of August
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Why are some folk asking for other folk to apologise?

Apologise for what? Having a different opinion of how things would pan out? Not having the inside info?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

It was the mocking not a difference of opinion - lots of humble pie being eaten by the looks of it...
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Not bad deal it like snooker on quest they have all afternoon and semi and final on there 2 but good to all 3 tv events sortted hopefully they get tickets on sale soon and get few sold

They need to get other tv events tickets out eairler to try avoid the wdt which looked bad on tv I wonder if the prize money still be same now
Last edited by foggs3355 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Why haven’t they announced the venue. That write up is written to not talk about Lakeside.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Addicks Fan wrote:I notice they've moved the World Trophy dates to the end of August

Presumably that was a free slot on Eurosport’s calendar??