World Darts Trophy Aug 30 - Sep 1 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Re: World Darts Trophy Aug 30 - Sep 1 2019

Post by Deleted User »

Indeed. Shame the phrase "promoted properly" is key to all this.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

trotter wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Does the press release say the masters is still in brid?

I wonder if the next plan is to get the 3 events under all one venue for the next 3 years
All 3 at Lakeside would be the safe option..and boring option...but at the moment Lakeside seems to be the only venue they can actually sell a few tickets for...creatures of habit these old BDO fans.
Surely it would be wise to hold the 3 big tournaments at different venues so that they can be differentiated. If they were all held at Lakeside the viewing public with associate the tournament with a World Championship.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

It will be at different venues.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

fling wrote:
trotter wrote:

I wonder if the next plan is to get the 3 events under all one venue for the next 3 years
All 3 at Lakeside would be the safe option..and boring option...but at the moment Lakeside seems to be the only venue they can actually sell a few tickets for...creatures of habit these old BDO fans.
Surely it would be wise to hold the 3 big tournaments at different venues so that they can be differentiated. If they were all held at Lakeside the viewing public with associate the tournament with a World Championship.

:DDD: :DDD:

no one sees lakeside as a "world championships"
Never mind the masters and World trophy
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

fling wrote:
trotter wrote:

Have to agree with this, I'd target a London area venue for the Masters and possibly the midlands area for the WDT, a compact impressive venue that seats 200/300 would surfice for both.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: World Darts Trophy Aug 30 - Sep 1 2019

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

el_ringo wrote:
PVDarts501 wrote:
Statement said they are still negotiating about venues.
Surely there must be a phone box somewhere left that can hold it in ;)

If they had any sense a voucher for a free ticket should be given with ever paid for Lakeside one this year

But just remember to check your empty milk bottles by your front door for further news of this event;)

'There is a reason for everything my husband does'
If you can find a phone box that can accomodate 7' 9" let us know. Until then keep your drivel to yourself, chum.
UKDA 4 Life
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Better not go to Preston friends told me an exhibition by mr Taylor & Barneveld scheduled imminently this month at the guildhall has been scrapped
County Player

Post by 1205 »

only85 wrote:Better not go to Preston friends told me an exhibition by mr Taylor & Barneveld scheduled imminently this month at the guildhall has been scrapped
https://www.lep.co.uk/news/preston-guil ... -1-9422105

Rescheduled for 19th September 2019.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

1205 wrote:
only85 wrote:Better not go to Preston friends told me an exhibition by mr Taylor & Barneveld scheduled imminently this month at the guildhall has been scrapped
https://www.lep.co.uk/news/preston-guil ... -1-9422105

Rescheduled for 19th September 2019.

Two days before GSoD - that why??