oche balboa
International

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by oche balboa » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 pm

phil davies wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:32 pm
Ginge wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:08 pm
He probably wont be when all is said and done.
Don’t know their is hardly a plethora of talent who are going to do enough of the tour to make the top 16. Even Unterbuchber seems to have decided to not bother with seeding this year given his guaranteed place.

There are some players (Scott, Martin etc) who are taking their chance and are within a massive chance of qualification. You go on about "hardly a plethora of talent" yet you go that everyone who does should go to the PDC, We are going to see players like John Scott at Lakeside because of this. Good luck to him but cut out the snobbish culture
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:47 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 pm
phil davies wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Don’t know their is hardly a plethora of talent who are going to do enough of the tour to make the top 16. Even Unterbuchber seems to have decided to not bother with seeding this year given his guaranteed place.

There are some players (Scott, Martin etc) who are taking their chance and are within a massive chance of qualification. You go on about "hardly a plethora of talent" yet you go that everyone who does should go to the PDC, We are going to see players like John Scott at Lakeside because of this. Good luck to him but cut out the snobbish culture
Those that qualify will have done so on merit. It is easy to criticise the qualification criteria, but that is not the fault of the players.

Everyone knows what they need to do, and will plan their season accordingly.

Congratulations to forum member unob on his two victories at the weekend, and hope he continues his good form and gets to Lakeside, or wherever the BDO decide to hold their World Championship.

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner

The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:58 pm

Here is your list of top North American’s.

https://leaderboard.dartconnect.com/lea ... tournament

Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Ginge wrote:
Totally agree - he's giving it a good go, but his rolling ranking of equal 40th suggests he has some way to go before he's within touching distance of a BDO Worlds place. To be in a BDO Worlds place you have to average around 15 points for each of your 12 qualifying events. At the moment he is averaging 10. So, raise your results by about 50% and you'll get there!

phil davies
International

Post by phil davies » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:58 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 pm
phil davies wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Never said any of that. I maintain that any young player who backs their talent should give Q school a go and that those who moan about the BDO tour being run in a amateur way should also give Q school a go if they want to play a more professional tour. Good luck to those who qualify for Lakeside.

Nothing snobbish about that stop assuming everyone hates the BDO just because you dont like anyone but yourself discussing it.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

phil davies
International

Post by phil davies » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:11 am

So a chance for Oche to actually discuss the BDO.

Their can’t be more than around 60 players at most that do enough events of the BDO tour to fill the 12 boxes and out of these players their is certainly not a plethora of them who you would expect to pick up loads of points. Thus Unob has a good chance of at least making Lakeside and possibly even making the top 16 of he can have 2 or 3 good runs to say the quarters of the bigger ranked events.

Their are good players in the BDO still but many don’t do much traveling and they have lost 4 of their best from last year who did travel. Plus others like Unterbuchner as I said seem to have decided to cut down(anyone know if he’s entered Denmark?). Phillips has semi retired from darts etc. So please give me a good sized list of names of people not currently in the provisional top 16 who you expect to easily get into it?

Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:44 am

phil davies wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:11 am

Their can’t be more than around 60 players at most that do enough events of the BDO tour to fill the 12 boxes and out of these players their is certainly not a plethora of them who you would expect to pick up loads of points. Thus Unob has a good chance of at least making Lakeside and possibly even making the top 16 of he can have 2 or 3 good runs to say the quarters of the bigger ranked events.

Their are good players in the BDO still but many don’t do much traveling and they have lost 4 of their best from last year who did travel. Plus others like Unterbuchner as I said seem to have decided to cut down(anyone know if he’s entered Denmark?). Phillips has semi retired from darts etc. So please give me a good sized list of names of people not currently in the provisional top 16 who you expect to easily get into it?
I know I'm not Oche (thank God ;-) !) but Unterbuchner has entered the Denmark events by the way.

So I expect Unterbuchner, Nick Kenny, Ryan Hogarth, Ross Montgomery, Derk Telnekes, Cody Harris, Martin Adams, Darryl Fitton to be among those challenging for top 16. Outside chance to Paul Hogan, Thibault Tricole and Justin Thompson (if he does well at the 4 events he's playing in Europe next month). There may well be others.

Point is, most of the big point scoring events are still to come - Denmark weekend (A+ and A), Welsh weekend (A+ and A), England Open and National (A+ and B), England Classic weekend (A+ and C), British Open and Classic (A+ and A), Belfry and Bruge Opens (A and B), and Swedish Open weekend (A and D) - it is far too early to judge qualifiers yet. By the time the England Open weekend is done and dusted the picture will clearer for some. At the moment, I would say only the top 4 or 5 have already qualified for the Worlds.

Sorry, forgot McKinstry if he plays enough events

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:34 am

Addicks Fan wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:08 pm
Ginge wrote:
Totally agree - he's giving it a good go, but his rolling ranking of equal 40th suggests he has some way to go before he's within touching distance of a BDO Worlds place. To be in a BDO Worlds place you have to average around 15 points for each of your 12 qualifying events. At the moment he is averaging 10. So, raise your results by about 50% and you'll get there!
Its not even that - all his decent points are from minor events bar the QF for Germany. You get the same amount of points for winning the Estonian Open as you do getting to the L32 in the Isle of Man. From the looks of it, the only Cat A+ he has actually got to the L64 of was the England Classic back in September. Will be nowhere near Lakeside via the main table unless he does better in those, of course I am assuming here he has played in more than just that one Cat A+ event.

phil davies
International

Post by phil davies » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:08 pm

Addicks Fan wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:44 am
phil davies wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:11 am

I know I'm not Oche (thank God ;-) !) but Unterbuchner has entered the Denmark events by the way.

So I expect Unterbuchner, Nick Kenny, Ryan Hogarth, Ross Montgomery, Derk Telnekes, Cody Harris, Martin Adams, Darryl Fitton to be among those challenging for top 16. Outside chance to Paul Hogan, Thibault Tricole and Justin Thompson (if he does well at the 4 events he's playing in Europe next month). There may well be others.

Point is, most of the big point scoring events are still to come - Denmark weekend (A+ and A), Welsh weekend (A+ and A), England Open and National (A+ and B), England Classic weekend (A+ and C), British Open and Classic (A+ and A), Belfry and Bruge Opens (A and B), and Swedish Open weekend (A and D) - it is far too early to judge qualifiers yet. By the time the England Open weekend is done and dusted the picture will clearer for some. At the moment, I would say only the top 4 or 5 have already qualified for the Worlds.

Sorry, forgot McKinstry if he plays enough events
Cheers for the Unterbuchner info. Nick Kenny is already provisional top 16 by the way just. I fully expect him to be top 12 by the time Lakeside rolls around as he is playing well atm and is in a good place mentally.

I’m not sure about most of the others you have mentioned particularly Adams( though I hope he makes Lakeside this year) and Fitton. Hogan most likely won’t travel enough but might scrape in via the table if not then should via the British route. Doubt Thompson will make top 16 but should make Lakeside via the table. Like I have already said I hope Tricole makes Lakeside because it would be good for the game but I can’t see him getting particularly close to top 16.

So out of your names I will give you 4 that I think have a good chance Monty, Hogarth, Telkenes and Harris( providing he doesn’t do well enough on the challenge tour to start entering pc Events/ qualify for the PDC worlds.)

One other name I would add who you didn’t mention would be Andy Hamilton.

trotter01
Steady Sixties

Post by trotter01 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:51 pm

John Scott is an ex PDC tour card holder which surely means hell stroll into a Lakeside spot 😄

Don't think he will though....

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:54 pm

This was the table at the same point last year

1 Mark McGeeney (England) 306
2 Glen Durrant (England) 223
3 Jim Williams (Wales) 217
4 = Gary Robson (England) 181
4 = Martin Phillips (Wales) 181
6 Scott Mitchell (England) 178
7 Scott Waites (England) 177
8 Michael Unterbuchner (Germany) 174
9 Willem Mandigers (Netherlands) 166
10 Tony O'Shea (England) 149
11 Wesley Harms (Netherlands) 148
12 Richard Veenstra (Netherlands) 142
13 Chris Landman (Netherlands) 137
14 = Daniel Day (England) 116
14 = Dave Parletti (England) 116
16 Mark Layton (Wales) 112
17 Jeffrey Sparidaans (Netherlands) 111
18 Wayne Warren (Wales) 110
19 Conan Whitehead (England) 108
20 Jeffrey van Egdom (Belgium) 107
21 Wouter Vaes (Netherlands) 99
22 Ross Montgomery (Scotland) 96
23 = Carlo van Cleef (Netherlands) 92
23 = Francis Carragher (Republic of Ireland) 92
25 Derk Telnekes (Netherlands) 88
26 Darius Labanauskas (Lithuania) 86
27 David Cameron (Canada) 83
28 = Andy Baetens (Belgium) 79
----------------------------------------------------------------------
28 = Kyle McKinstry (Northern Ireland) 79
----------------------------------------------------
30 Jim Widmayer (USA) 78
31 Dean Reynolds (Wales) 77
32 = Larry Butler (USA) 74
32 = Scott Baker (England) 74
34 Martijn Kleermaker (Netherlands) 73
35 Justin Thompson (Australia) 72
36 = Roger Janssen (Belgium) 67
36 = Tom Sawyer (USA) 67
38 Leonard Gates (USA) 58
39 Craig Venman (England) 56
40 Joe Chaney (USA) 55

Would be debutants 5 (Parletti, Layton, Van Egdom, Van Cleef, Carragher)

Selected others

51st- Ted Hankey 44
58th- Martin Adams 38
82nd- Geert De Vos 28
316th- Andy Hamilton 9

Regional Leaders

Baltic & Scandinavian- Brian Lokken (Denmark)
British Isles- Jim McEwan (Scotland)
Canada- David Cameron (Currently in top 27) 2nd Adam Stella
Eastern Europe- Oliver Ferenc (Serbia)
New Zealand- Greg Moss
USA- Jim Widmayer
Western Europe- Roger Janssen (Belgium)

Australia & Asia will run their own qualifiers

The tables at the same point last year. Notice Andy Hamilton was way behind. Spardiaans & Van Cleef both didnt make Lakeside. Only Greg Moss failed out of the regional qualifiers
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

Adamsmithneale180
Feather Flights

Post by Adamsmithneale180 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:34 pm

Hey people just signed up to this forum because use update the ranking points so much quicker 😉😉😁😁😁 and get to see all the gossip 😉😉🍻🍻

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:42 pm

"He tripped over a kerb"

Adamsmithneale180
Feather Flights

Post by Adamsmithneale180 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:48 pm

Hey people just signed up to this forum because use update the ranking points so much quicker 😉😉😁😁😁 and get to see all the gossip 😉😉🍻🍻

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi Adam, big fan.
Well, I think most posters are having cleaned up on you getting whitewashed at Lakeside.
Kudos.
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

Adamsmithneale180
Feather Flights

Post by Adamsmithneale180 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:49 pm

Actually fell. Over coming out of a club boring story of I'm. Honest but the rumors did make me laugh a lot haha 😂😂😂

Adamsmithneale180
Feather Flights

Post by Adamsmithneale180 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:51 pm

Cheers and yep wasn't gunna play orginally but I though stuff it and also the finance side coreeved my 2 months of work 😊😊

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:51 pm

Millions would believe you.

Adamsmithneale180
Feather Flights

Post by Adamsmithneale180 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:55 pm

Some. Of the best ones was chatting a women up in Italy and her boyfriend beat me up 1. I can't speak Italian barely speak English l😂😂😂 2. Only damage was to my leg was he jumping up. And down on it and some of the others falling down stairs had no other damage not even a bruise surely be a lot of I fell downstairs just obvious points really😂😂😂

Adamsmithneale180
Feather Flights

Post by Adamsmithneale180 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:56 pm

But whoever does the points on. Here cheers I'm always having a look 👍👍👍

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”