Road to The O2 Indigo (BDO Worlds 2020)

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by phil davies » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:42 am

Addicks Fan wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:27 am
Puts Chaney back in pole position for the World Champs as well
Aye Part was unlucky he drew Lauby so early on hopefully he does well at the CDC events next weekend. Hopefully Gates will re overtake Chaney before the seasons out as it would be good to see how he did at lakey and Chaney was poor in his previous visit.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11114
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by oche balboa » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:16 pm

phil davies wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:56 pm
If anyone wants a giggle the BDO Cat D ranked Cleveland Extravaganza is on darts connect some men have won games averaging 38.
Amateur players not averaging 90 shocker
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
phil davies
International
Posts: 7999
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Cwmbran

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by phil davies » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:19 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:16 pm
phil davies wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:56 pm
If anyone wants a giggle the BDO Cat D ranked Cleveland Extravaganza is on darts connect some men have won games averaging 38.
Amateur players not averaging 90 shocker
It’s more winning games with a 38 average I assume they are local to Cleveland because if they’ve traveled across America to play to that standard then good grief.

Any pub player should average more than that in a best of 5 leg game. That’s like the darts f somebody who has never played before.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61986
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by Ginge » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:44 pm

Cleveland doesnt exist anyway, it was absorbed into North Yorkshire sometime in the 1990's.

ILAD
The Ton Club
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by ILAD » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:55 pm

Ginge wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:44 pm
Cleveland doesnt exist anyway, it was absorbed into North Yorkshire sometime in the 1990's.
No you are wrong, I have a wanky degree in pulling my winkle. I studied all about international bollocks, I am a master at it!..

thelad1985
Pub Champion
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:39 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by thelad1985 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:38 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:16 pm
phil davies wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:56 pm
If anyone wants a giggle the BDO Cat D ranked Cleveland Extravaganza is on darts connect some men have won games averaging 38.
Amateur players not averaging 90 shocker
the best games you can see these days happen at county events - close games - with a good atmosphere - no yobs or silly chants - doesnt matter that the standard is a bit lower -

robson

ChrisW
International
Posts: 25885
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by ChrisW » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:27 pm

thelad1985 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:38 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:16 pm
phil davies wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:56 pm
If anyone wants a giggle the BDO Cat D ranked Cleveland Extravaganza is on darts connect some men have won games averaging 38.
Amateur players not averaging 90 shocker
the best games you can see these days happen at county events - close games - with a good atmosphere - no yobs or silly chants - doesnt matter that the standard is a bit lower -

robson
Being streamed on twitch at the moment.

thelad1985
Pub Champion
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:39 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by thelad1985 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:35 pm

ChrisW wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:27 pm
thelad1985 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:38 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:16 pm
phil davies wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:56 pm
If anyone wants a giggle the BDO Cat D ranked Cleveland Extravaganza is on darts connect some men have won games averaging 38.
Amateur players not averaging 90 shocker
the best games you can see these days happen at county events - close games - with a good atmosphere - no yobs or silly chants - doesnt matter that the standard is a bit lower -

robson
Being streamed on twitch at the moment.
thanks chris - dont like watchin stuff on the computer - but ill give it a try -

robson

thelad1985
Pub Champion
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:39 am

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by thelad1985 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:40 pm

kelly west does 90 in 2 darts - perfect checkouts - good standrd -

love the cricket format -

robson

Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by Addicks Fan » Wed May 01, 2019 10:50 am

Darts Australia has announced their qualifier for next year - no surprise really!

https://www.dartsaustralia.com/thompson ... selection/

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11114
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by oche balboa » Wed May 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Thats for the World Trophy
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61986
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by Ginge » Wed May 01, 2019 12:52 pm

The article presuming the WDT is at Lakeside then.

Addicks Fan
County Player
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm
Location: Ilford

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by Addicks Fan » Wed May 01, 2019 1:12 pm

Ginge wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 12:52 pm
The article presuming the WDT is at Lakeside then.
They have amended the article now to make it clear they are talking about the World Trophy, but still say it will be at Lakeside - error or inside knowledge? I'll go with error!

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11114
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by oche balboa » Wed May 01, 2019 5:05 pm

Quiet week but some Action in USA & BICC Here are the tables for both

British Isles

1 Scott Mitchell (England) 124
2 Paul Hogan (England) 108 (Would be World Championship Qualifier)
3 Jim Williams (Wales) 94
4 Ryan Hogarth (Scotland) 93
5 Adam Mould (England) 91
6 Nick Kenny (Wales) 90
7 Wez Newton (England) 85
8 Ross Montgomery (Scotland) 84
9 Dave Parletti (England) 82
10 Dave Evans (England) 81
11 Aaron Turner (England) 79
12 Martin Adams (England) 78
13 = Allan Edwards (England) 77
13 = Jason Elvin (England) 77
15 Mike Warburton (Wales) 75
16 Gary Stone (Scotland) 73
17 Paddy Clowery (England) 71
18 = Alan Soutar (Scotland) 70
18 = Bruce Montgomery (Scotland) 70
18 = Chris Fidler (England) 70
18 = Dave Wicks (England) 70
18 = Dennis Bryant (England) 70
18 = Dennis Harbour (England) 70
18 = Gareth Griffiths (Wales) 70
18 = Gary Stafford (England) 70
18 = Geoffrey Murray (England) 70
18 = George Wilkinson (England) 70
18 = Ian McFarlane (England) 70
18 = Jeff Bass (Wales) 70
18 = Karl Corcoran (England) 70
18 = Matty Finch (England) 70
18 = Mikey Rees (Wales) 70
18 = Mitchell Butler (Wales) 70
18 = Nathan Girvan (Scotland) 70
18 = Neil Meneer (England) 70
18 = Nigel Heydon (England) 70
18 = Paul Milford (England) 70
18 = Peter Allen (England) 70
18 = Rod Hawkins (England) 70
18 = Scott Dockerty (Wales) 70
18 = Scott Robertson (Scotland) 70
18 = Simon Preston (England) 70
18 = Simon Tate (England) 70
18 = Stephen Lovett (England) 70
18 = Stephen Michie (Scotland) 70
18 = Tony Ayres (England) 70
18 = Trevor Carlill (England) 70
18 = Wayne Wall (England) 70



USA


1 Leonard Gates (USA) 73
2 Joe Chaney (USA) 72
3 Tom Sawyer (USA) 58
4 Larry Butler (USA) 48
5 Darin Young (USA) 45
6 Robbie Phillips (USA) 43
7 Timmy Nicoll (USA) 32
8 Joe Huffman (USA) 28
9 = Danny Pace (USA) 22
9 = Jim Widmayer (USA) 22
11 Elliot Milk (USA) 19
12 Gene Walts (USA) 17
13 Kevin Luke (USA) 15
14 = Chris White (USA) 14
14 = David Walsh (USA) 14
14 = Jim Fitzsimmons (USA) 14
14 = Joseph Chaney (USA) 14
18 = Avery Barry (USA) 12
18 = Bruce Robbins (USA) 12
18 = Chris Lim (USA) 12
18 = Danny Baggish (USA) 12
18 = Jeff Roy (USA) 12
18 = Norman Madhoo (USA) 12
18 = Patrick Kithi (USA) 12


Events to go for USA

June 1st- Oregon Open - Cat D Men, Cat D Women
June 21st- Cherry Bomb International- Cat D Men, Cat D Women
Sept 22nd- Witch City Open - Cat C Men, Cat C Women
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11114
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by oche balboa » Wed May 08, 2019 12:28 pm

After Denmark, Here are the rankings

Bold= Already Qualified due to 2019 Performance
Italic- Would be debutant

1 Wesley Harms (Netherlands) 294
2 Richard Veenstra (Netherlands) 272
3 Scott Mitchell (England) 254
4 Dave Parletti (England) 227
5 Willem Mandigers (Netherlands) 202
6 Adam Smith-Neale (England) 195
7 Jim Williams (Wales) 186
8 Wayne Warren (Wales) 174
================================== (Projected GSOD Qualifiers)
9 Mario Vandenbogaerde (Belgium) 159
10 Gary Robson (England) 156
11 Chris Landman (Netherlands) 154
12 Martijn Kleermaker (Netherlands) 150
13 Scott Waites (England) 149
14 Nick Kenny (Wales) 145
15 Aaron Turner (England) 143
16 John Scott (England) 140

=================================== (Seeded Players for 2020 BDO Worlds)
17 Michael Unterbuchner (Germany) 132
18 Sebastian Steyer (Poland) 127
19 = Ross Montgomery (Scotland) 124
19 = Wouter Vaes (Netherlands) 124
21 Ryan Hogarth (Scotland) 115
22 = Andy Hamilton (England) 112
22 = Tony O'Shea (England) 112
23 Tony Martin (England) 103
24 = Adam Mould (England) 101
24 = Craig Venman (England) 101
26 Simon Stainton (England) 98

=================================== (Also Qualified)
27 Paul Brown (Northern Ireland) 94
=================================== (Standby player)
28 Derk Telnekes (Netherlands) 93
29 = Jeffrey Sparidaans (Netherlands) 91
30 = Justin Thompson (Australia) 91
31 Darryl Fitton (England) 90
32 = Francis Carragher (Republic of Ireland) 87
32 = Gino Vos (Netherlands) 87
34 Joe Chaney (USA) 86
35 = Cody Harris (New Zealand) 83
35 = Martin Adams (England) 83
36 David Cameron (Canada) 78
37 Jitse van der Wal (Netherlands) 77
38 Gary Stone (Scotland) 75
39 = Gary Stafford (England) 73
39 = Leonard Gates (USA) 73
41 Thibault Tricole (France) 70
42 Jeffrey van Egdom (Belgium) 69
43 = Nick Fullwell (England) 67
43 = Wez Newton (England) 67
45 Roemer Mooijman (Netherlands) 66
46 = Brian Raman (Belgium) 65
47 = Darren Clifford (Northern Ireland) 65
48 Dave Evans (England) 63
49 = Pal Szekely (Hungary) 62
49 = Paul Hogan (England) 62


Selected others

55th- Martin Phillips
58th- Kyle McKinstry
63rd- Leighton Bennett
65th- Jeff Smith
86th- Diogo Portela
87th- Dean Reynolds
88th- Jamie Caven
98th- Brian Dawson



Regional

Baltic & Scandinavian- Andreas Harrysson (Sweden)
British- Paul Hogan (England)
Canada- David Cameron (Canada)
Eastern Europe- Gabriel Pascaru (Romania) (Steyer in top 26)
New Zealand- Darren Herewini (New Zealand)
USA- Leonard Gates (USA)
Western Europe- Jeffrey van Egdom (Belgium)
Australia- Justin Thompson (Australia)
Asia- ???


Ladies Rankings


1 Lisa Ashton (England) 367
2 Aileen de Graaf (Netherlands) 332
3 Deta Hedman (England) 301
4 Laura Turner (England) 291
5 Fallon Sherrock (England) 288
6 Anastasia Dobromyslova (Russia) 269
7 Lorraine Winstanley (England) 247
8 Paula Jacklin (England) 229
===============================
9 Trina Gulliver MBE (England) 228
10 Maria O'Brien (England) 224
11 Kirsty Hutchinson (England) 198
12 Priscilla Steenbergen (Netherlands) 196

=======================================
13 Jo Clements (England) 195
=======================================
14 Mikuru Suzuki (Japan) 193 (Already Qualified)
15 Julie Thompson (England) 173
16 Casey Gallagher (England) 166
17 = Andreea Brad (Romania) 156
17 = Margaret Sutton (England) 156
17 = Tori Kewish (Australia) 156
20 Corrine Hammond (Australia) 140

Next Events

May 10-12th Welsh Open/Classic
May 10th-12th Winmau Vilnius open/Lithuanian Open
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8377
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by DavidOwen67 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Addicks Fan wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:50 am
Darts Australia has announced their qualifier for next year - no surprise really!

https://www.dartsaustralia.com/thompson ... selection/
What happened to the Aussie that actually won it a couple of years back?

Machin?
You think he'd be in the hat.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61986
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by Ginge » Wed May 08, 2019 12:53 pm

Why? You cant win an event and expect to be invited back to it for perpetuity.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8377
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by DavidOwen67 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:11 pm

Ginge wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:53 pm
Why? You cant win an event and expect to be invited back to it for perpetuity.
I meant based on his ability to actually win a BDO major, you would expect him to be in the mix. But I've not heard a peep about him in well over a year. Form must have collapsed.

There are those out there who genuinely believe Martin "can't win the Masters from the 1st round" Adams should be invited to Lakeside (or wherever) every year because he won it a couple of times after all the good players left.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61986
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by Ginge » Wed May 08, 2019 2:15 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:11 pm
Ginge wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:53 pm
Why? You cant win an event and expect to be invited back to it for perpetuity.
I meant based on his ability to actually win a BDO major, you would expect him to be in the mix. But I've not heard a peep about him in well over a year. Form must have collapsed.

There are those out there who genuinely believe Martin "can't win the Masters from the 1st round" Adams should be invited to Lakeside (or wherever) every year because he won it a couple of times after all the good players left.
Yes but those people are insane.

As for Machin, he has won at least two ranking event in the past year. His issue is there his total will be nowhere near high enough for the main ranking and there is only one spot to give to a token Aussie.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8377
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Road to BDO World Championship 2020

Post by DavidOwen67 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:29 pm

Ginge wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:15 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:11 pm
Ginge wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:53 pm
Why? You cant win an event and expect to be invited back to it for perpetuity.
I meant based on his ability to actually win a BDO major, you would expect him to be in the mix. But I've not heard a peep about him in well over a year. Form must have collapsed.

There are those out there who genuinely believe Martin "can't win the Masters from the 1st round" Adams should be invited to Lakeside (or wherever) every year because he won it a couple of times after all the good players left.
Yes but those people are insane.

As for Machin, he has won at least two ranking event in the past year. His issue is there his total will be nowhere near high enough for the main ranking and there is only one spot to give to a token Aussie.
Thank you, Darts Database. :D

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”