County darts weekend 3/4th November

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Just noticed its County darts weekend, Nothing mentioned on forumland or updates posted, Has it got to the point where people just can't be arsed with County darts?
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: County darts weekend 3/4th November

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

daveboygreen wrote:Just noticed its County darts weekend, Nothing mentioned on forumland or updates posted, Has it got to the point where people just can't be arsed with County darts?
Yes.

no one cares and only reads the threads to laugh at the averages
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Lincs hosting Lancs. 5-13 after B games.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Yorkshire 17-1 up against Northants
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Thanks to MM for this.

Prem
Cheshire 7-11 Warwickshire
Essex 8-10 Glamorgan
Hampshire 11-7 West Midlands
Lincolnshire 5-13 Lancashire
Yorkshire 17-1 Northamptonshire

Div 1
Cambridgeshire 9-9 Hertfordshire
Devon 8-10 Oxfordshire
Dorset 12-6 Cornwall
Gwent 11-7 Nottinghamshire

Div 2
Berkshire 8-10 Humberside
County Durham 12-6 Suffolk
Gwynedd 8-10 Kent
Surrey 7-11 Staffordshire
Worcestershire 7-11 Cumbria

Div 3
Montgomery & Radnor 11-7 Wiltshire
Norfolk 8-10 Merseyside
Northumberland 5-13 Derbyshire
Somerset 12-6 Buckinghamshire

Div 4
Clwyd 11-7 Shropshire
Leicestershire 11-7 Bedfordshire
Pembrokeshire 7-11 Breconshire
Tyne & Wear 14-4 Isle Of Wight
West Of England 6-12 Middlesex
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

daveboygreen wrote:Just noticed its County darts weekend, Nothing mentioned on forumland or updates posted, Has it got to the point where people just can't be arsed with County darts?
I don’t think it’s a case nobody is bothered I think it’s the case the only people that are bothered are the people that are out playing county.

Been said countless times but numbers are down across the country and it’s never going to go up again, the new breed just don’t go down the county route. Problem is the people that do go to county think the world revolves around it.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:Yorkshire 17-1 up against Northants
They was 17-0 up last game of the day went to northants

Best average for Northants was 75 and 5 of the 11 men averaged in the 60s. Kinda showing what I said in the previous points that the younger good people (who would usually be making up the b sides) are playing elsewhere

And that’s a premier league game
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
I don’t think it’s a case nobody is bothered I think it’s the case the only people that are bothered are the people that are out playing county.

Been said countless times but numbers are down across the country and it’s never going to go up again, the new breed just don’t go down the county route. Problem is the people that do go to county think the world revolves around it.
may get a bit more interest if it was regionalised a bit after all tyne & wear v isle of white in div 4, not the greatest of places to get to with ease did they sail from ryde to newcastle !!
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

only85 wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

may get a bit more interest if it was regionalised a bit after all tyne & wear v isle of white in div 4, not the greatest of places to get to with ease did they sail from ryde to newcastle !!
The only thing that can save it is regionalisation and change to one day but it will never happen

Regionalising caused a world of arguments when it was last brought up in the summer.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Best average for Northants was 75 and 5 of the 11 men averaged in the 60s. Kinda showing what I said in the previous points that the younger good people (who would usually be making up the b sides) are playing elsewhere

Northants has never been a great county.
And they are playing the best.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

And yet they are in the prem
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

I lost what very little interest I had in playing County darts when I was 21-22 years old and never been bothered about it, I did go to a lot of Worcestershire games 2-3 years ago as my Mrs was the Ladies MC and sometimes played in the Ladies B but was not bothered at all about playing, I would rather spend my money going to a comp and playing for myself where there is some money to be won for my efforts, A lot of players I used to see that were heavily into the whole County darts scene can't be arsed with it these days.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: County darts weekend 3/4th November

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

ChrisW wrote:Thanks to MM for this.

Prem
Essex 8-10 Glamorgan

Div 1
Devon 8-10 Oxfordshire
Dorset 12-6 Cornwall

Div 2
Gwynedd 8-10 Kent

Div 3
Norfolk 8-10 Merseyside

Div 4
Clwyd 11-7 Shropshire
You're welcome.
UKDA 4 Life
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

daveboygreen wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

I lost what very little interest I had in playing County darts when I was 21-22 years old and never been bothered about it, I did go to a lot of Worcestershire games 2-3 years ago as my Mrs was the Ladies MC and sometimes played in the Ladies B but was not bothered at all about playing, I would rather spend my money going to a comp and playing for myself where there is some money to be won for my efforts, A lot of players I used to see that were heavily into the whole County darts scene can't be arsed with it these days.
I remember when I first started playing at 17-18 the only thing I wanted to do was get selected for county, I did anything I could to get noticed by the people that were part of the county (super league was non existent at the time). I lost interest after seeing the nepotism in it and went down the singles route for the next couple of years.

Fast forward 10 years or so and Local players I talk to just don’t talk about county, they straight up don’t care and probably wouldn’t do it if they was even asked. The really good young Humberside lads will play one game and then lose interest and not play the next 4 or 5, yet you can guarantee they play the singles knock out every Wednesday and they do not miss qschool, challenge tour weekends ect
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:

Prem
Essex 8-10 Glamorgan

Div 1
Devon 8-10 Oxfordshire
Dorset 12-6 Cornwall

Div 2
Gwynedd 8-10 Kent

Div 3
Norfolk 8-10 Merseyside

Div 4
Clwyd 11-7 Shropshire
You're welcome.
Any luck on the Scottish fixtures?
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

I remember when I first started playing at 17-18 the only thing I wanted to do was get selected for county, I did anything I could to get noticed by the people that were part of the county (super league was non existent at the time). I lost interest after seeing the nepotism in it and went down the singles route for the next couple of years.

Fast forward 10 years or so and Local players I talk to just don’t talk about county, they straight up don’t care and probably wouldn’t do it if they was even asked. The really good young Humberside lads will play one game and then lose interest and not play the next 4 or 5, yet you can guarantee they play the singles knock out every Wednesday and they do not miss qschool, challenge tour weekends ect
One part of it I couldn't stand was all the bitching and seeing the arse kissers getting a lot of favors when it come to selection and the old pals act coming into play when teams were announced, If selection was always purely on merit as per superleague averages and it was a level playing field for all then perhaps i might have shown more interest in it when I was younger but thinking about it now I doubt very much if I would have bothered with it for long as I prefer the singles route myself.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

ChrisW wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:

Prem
Essex 8-10 Glamorgan

Div 1
Devon 8-10 Oxfordshire
Dorset 12-6 Cornwall

Div 2
Gwynedd 8-10 Kent

Div 3
Norfolk 8-10 Merseyside

Div 4
Clwyd 11-7 Shropshire
You're welcome.
Any luck on the Scottish fixtures?
Yeah...Couple of 7 averages in a ladies A match and a lot of 9 averages
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

And yet they are in the prem
:DDD:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Well there suddenly is interest in the BICC
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: County darts weekend 3/4th November

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

ChrisW wrote: