The 2018 Unicorn Grand Slam Prediction Competition-Homepage

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
BlueSpark
International

The 2018 Unicorn Grand Slam Prediction Competition-Homepage

Post by BlueSpark »

The Unicorn 2018 Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Game!

This thread will be updated with the current tables and rules etc.

Prizes

The Top 3 will win a set of darts of their choosing from the Unicorn catalogue -(click here)
Thanks as always go to Unicorn for their generosity. :DDDD:

In addition, a randomly selected entry from the First Round thread, as long as they have predicted in all rounds, will also win a Unicorn Eclipse Pro dartboard

What to do

Before each round I shall start a thread where I shall ask you to predict the final group standings, or the score of each match, as well as a few bonuses to mix it up a bit.

Scoring is as follows:

Group Stages - 1 point for every position guessed correctly, plus a bonus point for getting every position in a group correct.
Last 16 - 3 points for correct result, 7 points for correct result AND score
QF's - 6 points for correct result, 13 points for correct result AND score
SF's - 8 points for correct result, 17 points for correct result AND score
Final - 10 points for correct result, 21 points for correct result AND score

Bonuses will generally be 5 points each, although this may differ for the Final.

Be aware there is a short turnaround between each round ending and the next starting - so be aware of this when entering!!

The Semi Final and Final sessions are both played the same day so these will be predicted on AT THE SAME TIME.

In your prediction for the FIRST ROUND I shall ask you to specify a set of darts of your choosing from the Unicorn catalogue -click here. Entries without this vital information may be ignored!!!

Be aware that the set you choose in the First Round thread is the set you win.

A template will follow soon.

Good luck!

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES - Start of play on Saturday 10th November (around ten minutes into the Sky broadcast)

Smallprint

The highest three scores will win the set of darts of their choosing.

If a tie is needed to split the winners, then bonuses will be disregarded and the player with the highest aggregate score across all round excluding bonuses shall win. If still tied, the player(s) with the highest Finals Night score will win in the tie.
If still tied after this, then countback will take place, looking at who had the highest Semi Final session score, highest Quarter Final etc, until a tie can be split. In the unlikely event there is still a tie, a mini-prediction game involving the Players Championship Finals (the weekend after the final) will be used to split it.

All entries need to have a dart code (or accurate description if no code visible) and weight as published on the Unicorn website. If an entry does not have this information than the prize will revert to fourth place and so on. The darts selected in the first round will be the darts shipped, no exceptions (unless out of stock in which case the winner will be asked to pick another)

The decision of myself and the site moderators are final.

The random draw will use the thread for the First Round and as a loyalty this can only be won by someone who has predicted in all five rounds (across four threads). The same user cannot win the random draw and a prize by finishing in the top three. If the random draw selects them, it will be redrawn.

Entries made after the published deadline in each round may be accepted at my discretion, minus the bonuses and matches that have been played already.

Obviously I will be ineligible to win a prize, therefore my entry if by some miracle is in the top 3 will be disregarded for prize winning purposes.
ChrisW
International

Re: The 2018 Unicorn Grand Slam Prediction Competition-Homepage

Post by ChrisW »

Great job getting this up so quick!
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote:Great job getting this up so quick!
Agree with Chris. Great job Sparky :DDDD:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Sparky said this in past to Ginge. You should be able to win a prize. You dont know results so feel free to take the prize if you win.
Thinking of one.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

The Crusader wrote:Sparky said this in past to Ginge. You should be able to win a prize. You dont know results so feel free to take the prize if you win.
Very much this.
However as a mod he can edit posts without leaving a timestamp. So the cheating sod can nick off.

Also, I'd much rather Bluespark won it than any of our perennial predictors. I see our first entry is another of these, posting for just the second time but selecting a £150 set of darts. Let's just hope he forgets to predict the other rounds. :banghead: :banghead:
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
The Crusader wrote:Sparky said this in past to Ginge. You should be able to win a prize. You dont know results so feel free to take the prize if you win.
Very much this.
However as a mod he can edit posts without leaving a timestamp. So the cheating sod can nick off.

Also, I'd much rather Bluespark won it than any of our perennial predictors. I see our first entry is another of these, posting for just the second time but selecting a £150 set of darts. Let's just hope he forgets to predict the other rounds. :banghead: :banghead:
A £150 set of darts you say... There's my selection sorted, cheers!
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: The 2018 Unicorn Grand Slam Prediction Competition-Homepage

Post by Deleted User »

BOOM wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Very much this.

A £150 set of darts you say... There's my selection sorted, cheers!
The prosecution rests. :D
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

26scored - you've picked Steve Hine as your BDO player to get the lowest average.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

BOOM wrote:26scored - you've picked Steve Hine as your BDO player to get the lowest average.
:grin: :grin: :grin: :banghead: :banghead:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Bluespark, did you edit the comment out of my entry? We shall be having words this weekend. :grin:
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Bluespark, did you edit the comment out of my entry? We shall be having words this weekend. :grin:
I look forward to it my old son.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Very much this.

Piss taking, thought we had a minimum post count now anyways
Thinking of one.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Crusader wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Very much this.

Nope, the mods votes to scrap it.
Big Jock Knew
The Crusader
International

Re: RE: Re: The 2018 Unicorn Grand Slam Prediction Competition-Homepage

Post by The Crusader »

Ginge wrote:
The Crusader wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Very much this.

Nope, the mods votes to scrap it.
Oh thats cool. Quite happy with newbies winning tbh if they actually contribute. 2 posts though and a potential £150 set of arras could be on ebay soon.
Thinking of one.
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Post by MrLil8 »

Did the mods also have the final votes on Brexit?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Yes, we're leaving.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Steveo180 wanting the fictitious darts I put on the template........
Martin Legandowski
Steady Sixties

Post by Martin Legandowski »

Dzien dobry all

First time poster but I know of your forum.

Have not been enteringk your prizes before but got a dartboard sent to me years back. Was thinkingk of tryingk this to get some darts to go with.

Dziekuje Ci
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Martin Legandowski wrote:Dzien dobry all

First time poster but I know of your forum.

Have not been enteringk your prizes before but got a dartboard sent to me years back. Was thinkingk of tryingk this to get some darts to go with.

Dziekuje Ci
Hi Robson.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Not anything to do with the competition, but thought I would share.

I play with John Lowe 27g bullet darts, however won a set of 25g in one of our competitions as I wanted to try the lower weight. Didn't see an immediate improvement, so decided they were not for me and passed them on to another forum member.

Think I made a mistake and am definitely going back to try a 25g again.
Any way, cutting to the chase, I ordered 2 sets of RVB 25g bullet darts from the Unicorn website at a cost of £9.92 for both sets. Don't know if these darts will be for me, but at that cost can just bin them if they don't suit.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner