The 2018 Unicorn Grand Slam Prediction Competition-Homepage

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
foggy
Superleague Player

Re: The 2018 Unicorn Grand Slam Prediction Competition-Homepage

Post by foggy »

ssjsa wrote:I ordered 2 sets of RVB 25g bullet darts from the Unicorn website at a cost of £9.92 for both sets. Don't know if these darts will be for me, but at that cost can just bin them if they don't suit.
There are some bargains to be had on the Unicorn site for example the Neon 1,2 and 3 are on there at £29.95 i paid £74.95 for the neon 2 about 5 month ago and online there still that price, Unicorn site say was £99.95 now £29.95.
https://www.playwiththebest.com/darts/s ... ow-30.html
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

ssjsa wrote:Not anything to do with the competition, but thought I would share.

I play with John Lowe 27g bullet darts, however won a set of 25g in one of our competitions as I wanted to try the lower weight. Didn't see an immediate improvement, so decided they were not for me and passed them on to another forum member.

Think I made a mistake and am definitely going back to try a 25g again.
Any way, cutting to the chase, I ordered 2 sets of RVB 25g bullet darts from the Unicorn website at a cost of £9.92 for both sets. Don't know if these darts will be for me, but at that cost can just bin them if they don't suit.
Do you have a direct link for the RVB darts? Can't seem to find them but for that price I would be happy to give them a try.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

teddybreak wrote:

I play with John Lowe 27g bullet darts, however won a set of 25g in one of our competitions as I wanted to try the lower weight. Didn't see an immediate improvement, so decided they were not for me and passed them on to another forum member.

Any way, cutting to the chase, I ordered 2 sets of RVB 25g bullet darts from the Unicorn website at a cost of £9.92 for both sets. Don't know if these darts will be for me, but at that cost can just bin them if they don't suit.
Do you have a direct link for the RVB darts? Can't seem to find them but for that price I would be happy to give them a try.
https://www.playwiththebest.com/darts/s ... darts.html

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

ssjsa wrote:
teddybreak wrote:

That's just a link to the full steel tip section. If I put in a search for 'Barneveld' no darts costing 9,92 or cheaper (aside from brass sets) come up :oops:

Or are they sold out by now?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

teddybreak wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
teddybreak wrote:

That's just a link to the full steel tip section. If I put in a search for 'Barneveld' no darts costing 9,92 or cheaper (aside from brass sets) come up :oops:

No. Just Scoll down the page on the link and the clearance darts are nearer the bottom. Do not search as the link is for the page offering the darts.

Some other great offers on that page.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Roughly 80% of the entries went yes for a 170 finish.

For the 20% who didn't. :WWWW:

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa wrote:
teddybreak wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
teddybreak wrote:

No. Just Scoll down the page on the link and the clearance darts are nearer the bottom. Do not search as the link is for the page offering the darts.

Some other great offers on that page.
Just received 2 sets of these today. Not too bad value for £4.96 a set. :grin:
Attachments
20181112_161054.jpg
20181112_161054.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 1726 times
20181112_161100.jpg
20181112_161100.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 1726 times
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

teddybreak wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
teddybreak wrote:

Did you manage to get them ordered.

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Oh I forgot to mention, I am not bothering with the spreadsheet this time for the random draw. Reverting back to the wife choosing a random number to identify the winner, as per the first two I ran.
Ok, thanks.
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

ssjsa wrote:
teddybreak wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
teddybreak wrote:

Did you manage to get them ordered.
I was completing my order when I saw I had to pay 20 pounds extra (taxes/shipping, I can't remember exactly) for a 5 pound set of darts, that was a bit too much for my liking :)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Expect the first round to be scored tomorrow, will be busy tonight building furniture for our new arrival in January.
Many thanks.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

BlueSpark wrote:Expect the first round to be scored tomorrow, will be busy tonight building furniture for our new arrival in January.
Many thanks.
Here's all the data you need Neil, in the one place.
Attachments
IMG_20181114_185044.jpg
IMG_20181114_185044.jpg (297.36 KiB) Viewed 1602 times

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Looking at the Wednesday thread, and the predictions below, it would seen the consensus agree with the bookies odds having Dimitri 4/6 favourite.

Bunting 22
Dimitri 29

Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

BlueSpark wrote:Oh I forgot to mention, I am not bothering with the spreadsheet this time for the random draw. Reverting back to the wife choosing a random number to identify the winner, as per the first two I ran.
Ok, thanks.
I hope Ginge wins it, if only for the massive shitstorm of seethe and fraud accusations it would cause.

:grin:
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The 2018 Unicorn Grand Slam Prediction Competition-Homepage

Post by Ginge »

Mgt wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Oh I forgot to mention, I am not bothering with the spreadsheet this time for the random draw. Reverting back to the wife choosing a random number to identify the winner, as per the first two I ran.
Ok, thanks.
I hope Ginge wins it, if only for the massive shitstorm of seethe and fraud accusations it would cause.

Haven't entered it.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Mgt wrote:
Ok, thanks.

I won the random prize, courtesy of Sparky's wife in the 2017 UK Open Prediction Competition.

However being a moderator, and with the integrity of the forum in mind, passed the set of darts on to the 4th placed entrant in the Prediction Competition. From memory think it was Tun40 who benefited with a set of Gary Anderson darts.

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

She picks a number, they win. Job done.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

BlueSpark wrote:She picks a number, they win. Job done.
Absolutely. For me whoever runs the competition, makes the rules.

Anybody has an issue, step up to the plate and put your name forward to run the next one.

Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

ssjsa wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Ok, thanks.

I won the random prize, courtesy of Sparky's wife in the 2017 UK Open Prediction Competition.

However being a moderator, and with the integrity of the forum in mind, passed the set of darts on to the 4th placed entrant in the Prediction Competition. From memory think it was Tun40 who benefited with a set of Gary Anderson darts.
Nice for Tun40, but I think you could have kept it. Assholes who complain about these kind of things will find something to whine about regardless.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Mgt wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Ok, thanks.

Nice for Tun40, but I think you could have kept it. Assholes who complain about these kind of things will find something to whine about regardless.
I know I could have, and would have had no issue in doing so, but at that time Sparky was not a Moderator, and was doing a brilliant job in running competitions, and I did not want him being subject to any form of misplaced allegations of skullduggery.

If it had been now, and given he is both a mod and an experienced poster, I would have just thought fuck him, let the accusations begin. :grin: