Harms criticizes media at Grand Slam

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Harms criticizes media at Grand Slam

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:Durrant still has a day job (housing manager or something), although these days he clearly earns more from darts every year, so is pretty much a unique case. One would imagine if he quit his job he could more than compensate through extra exbo work without having to worry about moving over to the PDC, so could easily be a genuine BDO professional.
As it is, he obviously loves his job and doesn't want to pack it in. As someone a lot wiser than me once said, if you love your job you never work a day in your life, so good luck to him.

I could be wrong (and someone will certainly tell me if I am) but I'm fairly sure Wolfie is fully professional and makes enough from his exbo work to get by. No idea about the rest.
Hasnt Duzza openly said he doesnt want to quit his job.
Working for a living is far more fulfilling than playing darts.......

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work."
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Mgt wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:Durrant still has a day job (housing manager or something), although these days he clearly earns more from darts every year, so is pretty much a unique case. One would imagine if he quit his job he could more than compensate through extra exbo work without having to worry about moving over to the PDC, so could easily be a genuine BDO professional.
As it is, he obviously loves his job and doesn't want to pack it in. As someone a lot wiser than me once said, if you love your job you never work a day in your life, so good luck to him.

I could be wrong (and someone will certainly tell me if I am) but I'm fairly sure Wolfie is fully professional and makes enough from his exbo work to get by. No idea about the rest.
Maybe O'Shea and Fitton are still popular enough to get by on exbo's?
I thought O'Shea, Adams, Fitton, Fordham, Hankey and Robson were all living off just their darts earnings. Of the others, Duzza and Waites probably could if they wanted to.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Mgt wrote:

Maybe O'Shea and Fitton are still popular enough to get by on exbo's?
I thought O'Shea, Adams, Fitton, Fordham, Hankey and Robson were all living off just their darts earnings. Of the others, Duzza and Waites probably could if they wanted to.
I thought Fordham owned a pub? How could I have forgotten Adams and Hankey, both probably quite busy on the exbo circuit.

Montgomery still painting fences for some extra income? ;)
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

How many officials within the BDO system make a full time living from Darts ?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

el_ringo wrote:How many officials within the BDO system make a full time living from Darts ?
Don't most officials work both sides these days.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

ChrisW wrote:
el_ringo wrote:How many officials within the BDO system make a full time living from Darts ?
What was the Williams role in the PDC ?
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

el_ringo wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Player recruitment. :)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zeyes wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Player recruitment. :)
Controller of the conveyor belt. ;)