World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
DavidB
International

Re: World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Post by DavidB »

ssjsa wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Absolutely quality, surprised anyone would think Lisa and Ana won’t have a great chance of winning their 1st round match...
callataxi
Pub Champion

Re: World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Post by callataxi »

masticman wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:03 pm To be honest I think they will both get beat with 65-70 aves
I disagree with that steve. lisa just averaged 82 over 7 games against women where a lot of the averages get ruined
by messing around on the doubles. Playing against a man who will probably be around a 90 average standard can only
help her final average as the doubles wont be having multiple misses in all likeliness.
i will be setting lisa at around 82 on betfair , so fill your boots steve and go under.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

masticman wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:03 pm To be honest I think they will both get beat with 65-70 aves
To be honest I think you're an ignoramus.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

1205 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:01 pm
To be honest I think you're a criminal
You're god damn right.
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

1205 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:01 pm
To be honest I think you're an ignoramus.
Lol fair play but I won’t lose any sleep over wot u think
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

callataxi wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:43 pm
I disagree with that steve. lisa just averaged 82 over 7 games against women where a lot of the averages get ruined
by messing around on the doubles. Playing against a man who will probably be around a 90 average standard can only
help her final average as the doubles wont be having multiple misses in all likeliness.
i will be setting lisa at around 82 on betfair , so fill your boots steve and go under.
Hey I know how good a player Lisa is seen it 1st hand just think over a longer format in front of a massive crowd who if we are gonna be honest will have no interest in Wots going on up on stage. I hope she smashes it but I just don’t see it happening. It’s a massive stadge & a lonely intimidating place to be when things r not going your way
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

masticman wrote:
Hey I know how good a player Lisa is seen it 1st hand just think over a longer format in front of a massive crowd who if we are gonna be honest will have no interest in Wots going on up on stage. I hope she smashes it but I just don’t see it happening. It’s a massive stadge & a lonely intimidating place to be when things r not going your way
Yes, enough about Wormwood Scrubs, what about Ally Pally?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:22 pm
masticman wrote:
Yes, enough about Wormwood Scrubs, what about Ally Pally?
:DDD:
callataxi
Pub Champion

Post by callataxi »

masticman wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:18 pm
Steve i agree that she will almost certainly get beat whoever she draws. Just think she will average over 70 because its much easier against better
opposition to inflate your average .
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

callataxi wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:29 pm
Steve i agree that she will almost certainly get beat whoever she draws. Just think she will average over 70 because its much easier against better
I'd be surprised if she doesn't average over 80 indeed. I imagine she'll be putting in the time on the practice board the coming weeks, biggest game of her career up to now coming up.
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

Yeah that’s a good shout. If she’s plays decent but don’t get a shot at a double it will keep the ave up
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

She has just as much chance as a lot of players that will grace that stage, set play and a shortish format. Depends who she draws.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

There's also the fact that she's an experienced stage and TV player, a multiple world champion and an available record of averages shows that she hasn't averaged below 70 for over 2 years. And there's Dobromyslova's record as well, which, while not as good as Ashton's, doesn't give any reason to think she'll play that badly.

But it's a long format for them, I suppose, so those delicate flowers will get tired. The clear evidence is that the last time Ashton played a 5 set game on TV, she could barely throw by the end of it*, and only averaged 89.80. Dobromyslova, who collapsed at the end like an exhausted marathon runner*, only averaged 81.83.

* These might not have happened.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

To try and guess what average a player is going to achieve before it is even known who they are playing is just plain stupid, I don't think Ana or Lisa will let the occasion get to them and give a good account of themselves win or lose.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

daveboygreen wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:02 pm To try and guess what average a player is going to achieve before it is even known who they are playing is just plain stupid, I don't think Ana or Lisa will let the occasion get to them and give a good account of themselves win or lose.
DBG talking sense, there.
dartsyoungun
The Ton Club

Post by dartsyoungun »

I always thought it was how many legs and sets you won not what the average is, was or going to be. Both will do womens darts proud, good luck to them
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Is it a completely open draw for the first round made up of anyone who's not ranked 1-32?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BOOM wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:40 am Is it a completely open draw for the first round made up of anyone who's not ranked 1-32?
No.

32 Pro Tour qualifiers in one pot, the women/international qualifiers/youth qualifiers/Dev Tour qualifiers/PDPA qualifiers from today (etc....) in the other.
Big Jock Knew
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Ginge wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:43 am
BOOM wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:40 am Is it a completely open draw for the first round made up of anyone who's not ranked 1-32?
No.

32 Pro Tour qualifiers in one pot, the women/international qualifiers/youth qualifiers/Dev Tour qualifiers/PDPA qualifiers from today (etc....) in the other.
Right, cheers... Makes it a bit harder for the ladies then.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

One things for sure, none of the “pros” will want to draw either Ana or Lisa.