World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
County Player

Re: World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Post by 1205 »

The Jolly Man wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:49 pm One things for sure, none of the “pros” will want to draw either Ana or Lisa.
If any of the tour players draw them they should be happy. Most of the others would be more dangerous. Definitely don't want a PDPA qualifier, or Labanauskas.
And obvious Dobromyslova would be a better draw than Ashton.
nikkiboy
International

Re: World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Post by nikkiboy »

1205 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:44 pm
The Jolly Man wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:49 pm One things for sure, none of the “pros” will want to draw either Ana or Lisa.
If any of the tour players draw them they should be happy. Most of the others would be more dangerous. Definitely don't want a PDPA qualifier, or Labanauskas.
Don't know about that last bit, remember Ana has played in a few televised PDC events before so may settle down into a rhythm a bit faster. Truth is no-one will want to draw either as anyone who's played a good woman in a match will tell you the pressure is definately on the man.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:07 pm
1205 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:44 pm
Don't know about that last bit, remember Ana has played in a few televised PDC events before so may settle down into a rhythm a bit faster. Truth is no-one will want to draw either as anyone who's played a good woman in a match will tell you the pressure is definately on the man.

Correct, the 'pros' will not want to draw Ana or Lisa, especially VvdV...
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Ana and Lisa Ashton are potentially as good as quite a few of the international qualifiers and as capable on the day of giving a game to a pro tour qualifier who will be very nervous at being on the big stage on TV and playing a lady ...depending on the draw I wouldnt rule them.out of a first round win
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Very dangerous game for whoever plays either. Most of the men will remember Ann playing the Poo Tour for a year or two and winning games, and they will know that Lisa can hit big averages - she has done it on TV in front of crowds, I don't think that will worry her. I will be cheering them on and on the short form set format there is no doubt they are good enough to cause an upset.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:07 pm Truth is no-one will want to draw either as anyone who's played a good woman in a match will tell you the pressure is definitely on the man.
Let's try this.

A player has the following averages in recent matches:

Is that a player to avoid?

Another player has the following averages in matches during the latter part of 2018:

There are a few of the other qualifiers they'd prefer to play, but with a first round win worth £7,500 I see no reason why they'd be desperate to avoid either Ashton or Dobromyslova. There are many players in the qualifiers who're much more dangerous.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

1205 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:20 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:07 pm Truth is no-one will want to draw either as anyone who's played a good woman in a match will tell you the pressure is definitely on the man.
Let's try this.

Another player has the following averages in matches during the latter part of 2018:

There are a few of the other qualifiers they'd prefer to play, but with a first round win worth £7,500 I see no reason why they'd be desperate to avoid either Ashton or Dobromyslova. There are many players in the qualifiers who're much more dangerous.

I am a firm believer in that a player is not going to throw a monster average against a player averaging 70-80 majority of the time, As a player you only have to beat what is in front of you and most of the time unless you are put under pressure to have to raise your game to a certain level then you find even in total control of a game you might only average 80 odd as that is all you need at the time, You could on the same token get smashed to nil and average 90-95, I think the more pressure anyone is put under then the higher their average will normally be but all in all I don't read much into averages, Only ever an indication as to how your throwing and a lot of things can put that into dispute.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

1205 wrote:
Let's try this.

Averages mean nothing in matchplay, you do realise that statistically a player throwing an 84 average will win the same number of legs on his throw as a player averaging 94.

Similarly in order to break that 84 average and win the leg opponent has to throw a 100 average leg.

Averages are a guide, nothing more.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:57 pm Averages mean nothing in matchplay, you do realise that statistically a player throwing an 84 average will win the same number of legs on his throw as a player averaging 94.

Similarly in order to break that 84 average and win the leg opponent has to throw a 100 average leg.

If you _always_ threw 84 to 94, sure.
But if you're averaging 84, varying +1/-1 good dart you'll be going out in 17 and 19.
If you're averaging 94, varying +1/-1 good dart you'll be going out in 15 and 17.
You're going to win a lot more games the second way.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

daveboygreen wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:25 pm I am a firm believer in that a player is not going to throw a monster average against a player averaging 70-80 majority of the time, As a player you only have to beat what is in front of you and most of the time unless you are put under pressure to have to raise your game to a certain level then you find even in total control of a game you might only average 80 odd as that is all you need at the time, You could on the same token get smashed to nil and average 90-95, I think the more pressure anyone is put under then the higher their average will normally be but all in all I don't read much into averages, Only ever an indication as to how your throwing and a lot of things can put that into dispute.
Oh sure, and when it heats up and they really have to play well, they're averaging in the low to high 80s.
How do you think a player whose good day is an 89 average would do in the PDC?
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

1205 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:53 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:25 pm I am a firm believer in that a player is not going to throw a monster average against a player averaging 70-80 majority of the time, As a player you only have to beat what is in front of you and most of the time unless you are put under pressure to have to raise your game to a certain level then you find even in total control of a game you might only average 80 odd as that is all you need at the time, You could on the same token get smashed to nil and average 90-95, I think the more pressure anyone is put under then the higher their average will normally be but all in all I don't read much into averages, Only ever an indication as to how your throwing and a lot of things can put that into dispute.
Oh sure, and when it heats up and they really have to play well, they're averaging in the low to high 80s.
Depends on who they play and how the game goes, Im sure you will also think that players like Gurney and others that are now doing well in the PDC that in their earlier days had TV averages in the 80's are only capable of that now? I really thought Oche was the dimmest poster on forumland until I seen the crap you are posting!!
County Player

Post by 1205 »

daveboygreen wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:11 pm
1205 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:53 pm
Depends on who they play and how the game goes, Im sure you will also think that players like Gurney and others that are now doing well in the PDC that in their earlier days had TV averages in the 80's are only capable of that now? I really thought Oche was the dimmest poster on forumland until I seen the crap you are posting!!
We're not talking about young players, or their potential in a few years with more support and consistently playing full-time in a professional set-up, we're talking about two experienced players, who have a bunch of stage, TV and tournament experience and what they can do in one tournament that's coming up in a couple of weeks.

You think this special occasion will suddenly make them better than they've been in their years of performances in the BDO World Championships?

It's just ridiculous and patronising to be calling them "players to avoid" when there are many far more capable players among the qualifiers.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Has Mr. Potter enquired about the rates for a sponsorship patch on either of the two women?

Are the BDO still very restrictive about the number of patches still, as an aside.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:57 pmAverages mean nothing in matchplay, you do realise that statistically a player throwing an 84 average will win the same number of legs on his throw as a player averaging 94.

Nikki thinking a player averaging 84 averages exactly 84 every leg and a player averaging 94 averages 94 every leg, there.

It's amazing he can even count his own legs. In fairness, he does need a mirror for that. :grin:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:48 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:57 pmAverages mean nothing in matchplay, you do realise that statistically a player throwing an 84 average will win the same number of legs on his throw as a player averaging 94.

Nikki thinking a player averaging 84 averages exactly 84 every leg and a player averaging 94 averages 94 every leg, there.

It's amazing he can even count his own legs. In fairness, he does need a mirror for that. :grin:
I sense an atmosphere.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:48 pm

I sense an atmosphere.
Thank you, Russ Abbot.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:

Drupid missing the word statistically out of my post when reading, there.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:

Drupid missing the word statistically out of my post when reading, there.
FFS Nick!!