World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Jolly Man
County Player

Re: World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Post by The Jolly Man »

Congrats Ana. Will be a great addition.

Will be interesting to see what Tony reports back to us.
nikkiboy
International

Re: World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Post by nikkiboy »

Well done ana
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Superb. Going to be very interesting seeing who see draws and how she plays.

sure Tony said a few weeks back that qualifying would be worth about £15,000 to the winner.

been good how the pdc have popped into the qualifiers and comms talking about it.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

So 82 turned up in the end.
How many do we expect for next Sunday?
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

devosteve wrote:Superb. Going to be very interesting seeing who see draws and how she plays.

sure Tony said a few weeks back that qualifying would be worth about £15,000 to the winner.

been good how the pdc have popped into the qualifiers and comms talking about it.
Rtl 7 in the Netherlands covered it as well, good to see some media attention for it.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

ChrisW wrote:So 82 turned up in the end.
Sill half decant turnout for 1st time holding it I think best of 9 from last 16 next time and start eairler
Last edited by foggs3355 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote:So 82 turned up in the end.
Read on fb about 150.

Respect shown towards this on sky.

got a feeling something is going to happen re ladies darts and the pdc
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

If they did little tour they could make top 4 get uk open places maybe winner of tour grand slam places
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Surely Anastasia is by now a UK citizen with being married to Tony and living in the UK for so long so shouldn't she have played in the UK one?
The Crusader
International

Re: RE: Re: World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Post by The Crusader »

daveboygreen wrote:Surely Anastasia is by now a UK citizen with being married to Tony and living in the UK for so long so shouldn't she have played in the UK one?
I presume she has dual citizenship, if today hadn't gone to plan then maybe she would entered the UK one.
Thinking of one.
ssjsa
International

Re: RE: Re: World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Post by ssjsa »

The Crusader wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:Surely Anastasia is by now a UK citizen with being married to Tony and living in the UK for so long so shouldn't she have played in the UK one?
I presume she has dual citizenship, if today hadn't gone to plan then maybe she would entered the UK one.
Think Ana was eligible to play in either, but couldn't enter both.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

ssjsa wrote:
The Crusader wrote:
Think Ana was eligible to play in either, but couldn't enter both.
Think this makes it a bit of a mockery to be honest. I thought it was now based on residency? Because many non-Germans have been entering German HNQs on the European Tour for a while based on their place of residence.

On this occasion, will it mean if Ana joins the PDC fully again, she will have to travel into Europe for qualifiers?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The Crusader wrote:
You can only enter one. I think....
Rule 7.6?
Last edited by ChrisW on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Crusader
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: World Championship: Women’s Qualifiers 17 Nov Dusseldorf, 25 Nov Milton Keynes

Post by The Crusader »

ChrisW wrote:
The Crusader wrote:
You can only enter one.
I presume she thought correctly she had a better chance today then.
Thinking of one.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Ana is Russian, always identified as Russian, still uses her Russian surname even after marriage, I have no idea why some think she should have entered the uk based qualifier.

Some people make a mockery of nationality in sport for personal gain but I see no issue with this one.

It’s not like she changed nationality just to get into a World Cup.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

TheSandman wrote:Ana is Russian, always identified as Russian, still uses her Russian surname even after marriage, I have no idea why some think she should have entered the uk based qualifier.

Some people make a mockery of nationality in sport for personal gain but I see no issue with this one.

I only asked the question as it seemed to me that Ana could have possibly entered both given her status.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

I suspect Anastasia decided to play the rest of the world qualifier as opposed to the UK which she also could have played.

You cannot fault her reasoning since her decision and her obvious qualification proved the right choice.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

TheSandman wrote:Ana is Russian, always identified as Russian, still uses her Russian surname even after marriage, I have no idea why some think she should have entered the uk based qualifier.

Not arguing about this at all, but there a definitely those that would and are taking advantage. I look at Maik Langendorf - is he Austrian or is classed as a German citizen now? Because he has entered German HNQs.

Either use residency (for the argument that it would keep costs low for players) or nationality. There must be consistency across the board.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Dannyboy wrote:

Not arguing about this at all, but there a definitely those that would and are taking advantage. I look at Maik Langendorf - is he Austrian or is classed as a German citizen now? Because he has entered German HNQs.

Either use residency (for the argument that it would keep costs low for players) or nationality. There must be consistency across the board.
Pdc have brought in standardisation across the board. You now have to have a passport from the country you represent. Having residency isn’t enough.

That’s why Junghans could represent Switzerland I think. Lived there for years but doesn’t have Swiss nationality.

Also guess it’s why there were seemingly no expats on the Asian tour.

In N.A all the players had to declare as well. That’s why Mawson has to revert back to Canadian after several years of being American.
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

Pdc have brought in standardisation across the board. You now have to have a passport from the country you represent. Having residency isn’t enough.

That’s why Junghans could represent Switzerland I think. Lived there for years but doesn’t have Swiss nationality.

Also guess it’s why there were seemingly no expats on the Asian tour.

In N.A all the players had to declare as well. That’s why Mawson has to revert back to Canadian after several years of being American.
Also the reason why Prakash Jiwa can't play for India.