Van Barneveld Announces Retirement Plans (PDC announcement)

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Van Barneveld Announces Retirement Plans (PDC announcement)

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:45 pmYou have a women's league?
Ha! I had that in my head as well but didn't think many would get the reference Image
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Interview with Raymond.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:49 pm
Skewball wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:31 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:26 pm Does he not pay Superleague subs already, like? :fishing
yes I bloody do, and I run a grassroots darts league, the real home of #dartsforall :darts :darts :grin:
Get a evening Wednesday ticket and you can come up with me, book a room in our hotel ........I come back the next morning when I wake up.
It is tempting, I will see if I can carry over a days holiday if I dont use it.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:26 pm Does he not pay Superleague subs already, like? :fishing
yes I bloody do, and I run a grassroots darts league, the real home of #dartsforall :darts :darts :grin:
Get a evening Wednesday ticket and you can come up with me, book a room in our hotel ........I come back the next morning when I wake up.
I'm extending to you the offer of a wildcard into the df World Championships
UKDA 4 Life
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Skewball wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:56 am
Stop fucking about and pull a sicky if you cant have it as holiday.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:32 am
Skewball wrote:
If that’s not tempting enough, moongoose is also offering free entry to the df bukkake lakeside party. Rumour has it Ted Hankey will be throwing plastic bats around during all the ‘shooting’
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

TheSandman wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:32 am
Skewball wrote:

If that’s not tempting enough, moongoose is also offering free entry to the df bukkake lakeside party. Rumour has it Ted Hankey will be throwing plastic bats around during all the ‘shooting’

I'm overcome with the kindness of these invites. It has brought a tear to my eye.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:56 am
You will need two days off....the Wednesday and Thursday cause we won't get back until lunchtime........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

https://dartsnews.com/van-barneveld-mak ... -way-back/

Raymond van Barneveld is going to play the PDC Pro Tour in 2019. That’s needed to qualify for the 2020 PDC World Darts Championship and other big events next season.
As a result of his defeat to Darius Labanauskas in the second round of the World Championship, ‘Barney’ drops out of the top 25 on the world ranking after this tournament. This means his qualification for next years World Championship is in danger.

”I have considered everything. If I quit now, I might regret that choice for the rest of my life, then there is no way back anymore”, Van Barneveld told RTL7darts on Friday evening.

”It’s not an option for me to only play the World Series and Premier League Darts in 2019. I want to qualify for the World Championship and I will do everything for that. Even if I have to go deeper than deep for that, I won’t give up. I have to make some adjustments, mainly regarding the exhibition circuit. I’m going back to the floor events and hopefully I can show some good performances.”
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

He will do the first 4 floor events and then drip off, disappointed, with no money.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:41 pm https://dartsnews.com/van-barneveld-mak ... -way-back/

Raymond van Barneveld is going to play the PDC Pro Tour in 2019. That’s needed to qualify for the 2020 PDC World Darts Championship and other big events next season.
As a result of his defeat to Darius Labanauskas in the second round of the World Championship, ‘Barney’ drops out of the top 25 on the world ranking after this tournament. This means his qualification for next years World Championship is in danger.

”I have considered everything. If I quit now, I might regret that choice for the rest of my life, then there is no way back anymore”, Van Barneveld told RTL7darts on Friday evening.

”It’s not an option for me to only play the World Series and Premier League Darts in 2019. I want to qualify for the World Championship and I will do everything for that. Even if I have to go deeper than deep for that, I won’t give up. I have to make some adjustments, mainly regarding the exhibition circuit. I’m going back to the floor events and hopefully I can show some good performances.”
Is that the already rescheduled exbo (from this year to next year) in Preston guildhall kicked further into the long grass ! Going to be buying a few acres
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Surely if he want Pro Tour ranking money for that OOM it would be better for him to do the Euro Tour. Most events are in Germany so he could drive or be driven rather than fly. Also the European qualifiers are much less challenging that even the 1st round of Pro Tours where being unseeded he could draw the likes of MVG or Wright.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

malcy93 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:40 pm Surely if he want Pro Tour ranking money for that OOM it would be better for him to do the Euro Tour. Most events are in Germany so he could drive or be driven rather than fly. Also the European qualifiers are much less challenging that even the 1st round of Pro Tours where being unseeded he could draw the likes of MVG or Wright.
Erm, qualification for European Tour events will largely take place in the UK for continental players like van Barneveld next season.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Zeyes wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:56 pm
malcy93 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:40 pm Surely if he want Pro Tour ranking money for that OOM it would be better for him to do the Euro Tour. Most events are in Germany so he could drive or be driven rather than fly. Also the European qualifiers are much less challenging that even the 1st round of Pro Tours where being unseeded he could draw the likes of MVG or Wright.
Erm, qualification for European Tour events will largely take place in the UK for continental players like van Barneveld next season.
What's happening with the Euro and Host Nation qualifiers then?
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:07 pm
Zeyes wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:56 pm
What's happening with the Euro and Host Nation qualifiers then?
Looked it up and it seems that the UK and European qualifiers for ET will now both be played as separate comps the day before the Pro Tours. Only the host nation qualifier remains just before the event in the local country.

I guess they have done this to force the European tour card holders to come to UK for the Pro Tour weekends rather than just letting them stay in mainland Europe and skip the Pro Tours.

One consequence should be those weekends with ET qualifiers attached should see less Pro Tour places from non attendees available for the Challenge Tour.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:55 am Maybe he can use his free time to commit further adultery.
Ha, predicted it 4 months before it happened :D
Big Jock Knew