2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 pm
Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:38 pm The future was Dean Reynolds only 2 years ago....
It's a funny ole game.
Indeed. I'll reserve judgement on Bennett for a few years though as to whether he can "make it", he still has the gauntlet of exams/drugs/drink/carnality/other distractions to run yet.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm fek me, when did this thread become a marriage guidance session?
:grin:

Dear Deirdre .........My wife doesn't like BDO darts what shall I do?

Deirdre: Dear Steve, you should get a new one.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Nice finish!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Not watching. Has his dad jumped on stage yet to take all the glory?
Big Jock Knew
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:35 pm
phil davies wrote:Bennet the best 13 year old player since MvG?

If he keeps progressing then him at 16 giving the pdc a go will be intresting.
Do you have to be 16?

I was told he might be going
https://www.pdc.tv/faqs#1
The PDC wrote:Qualifying School is open to ANY player aged 16 or above, with approximately 32 Tour Cards on offer. Full details about Qualifying School are available at www.pdpa.co.uk and announced at this website once confirmed.
My bold.

Shouldn't really have to go to the FAQs to find that. It wasn't obvious in the Q School pages.

Same is true for any level of PDPA membership:

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdpa/membership/
PDPA wrote: Age Restriction:

Applicants must be aged 16 or over to be a Member of the Professional Dart Players Association. ID may be asked to verify age. See PDPA constitution. However players under 18 must be aware of the UK licensing laws in the venues we use and must adhere to these.
Last edited by 1205 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Tommy Thompson

"Thought I had just tuned in a PDC event, the commentators have mentioned nothing about any initiatives being done for Youth darts within BDO, just bagging on about PDC development and challenge tour, after all these kids have got their spot on TV through the BDO not PDC. Utterly disgusted can’t be bothered to do any sort of investigation into what is going on, seems like all our work in England last year setting up The England Grand Prix isn’t worthy of any promotion or mention. Funding kids to go around the world to Europe and World Cups, British Internationals, yet nothing. Just see PDC mentioning BDO events on their shows. Total disgrace."

And I agree.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Comp scores updated.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:46 pm Tommy Thompson

"Thought I had just tuned in a PDC event, the commentators have mentioned nothing about any initiatives being done for Youth darts within BDO, just bagging on about PDC development and challenge tour, after all these kids have got their spot on TV through the BDO not PDC. Utterly disgusted can’t be bothered to do any sort of investigation into what is going on, seems like all our work in England last year setting up The England Grand Prix isn’t worthy of any promotion or mention. Funding kids to go around the world to Europe and World Cups, British Internationals, yet nothing. Just see PDC mentioning BDO events on their shows. Total disgrace."

And I agree.
T-Rex is always complaining about something.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:17 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:46 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:25 pm
Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:06 pm You ain't fooling anyone Paddy.
Evening session last night was actually pretty full
I was sat next to Paddy and can confirm this is a lie.

Floor tables away from the stage at the back all empty. Half the "players area" empty and virtually no-one in the cheap seats at the back. 40% of capacity at best, including the Reynolds and Waites chavs.

Still had a great night, mind.
what was the atmosphere like though. Still buzzing even though down to 40% capacity?

TV hid it well. You could see loads of empty tables etc, at times, but it looked okay on TV.
Atmosphere was generally excellent. Sadly a few chavs occasionally out of order during Reynolds' and Waites' games. Not known it at Lakeside before apart from the idiots chanting "Jeff!" all the time a couple of years ago.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

And I agree.
Did the BDO officials get all the information they wanted to promote to the production team?
Did they mention the JDC in the commentary?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

1205 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm

And I agree.
Did the BDO officials get all the information they wanted to promote to the production team?
Exactly, TT should be slagging the BDO off for not providing the details to the production team.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:52 pm Comp scores updated.
I hope HotChip180 is still winning, his contributions deserve nothing less.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zapp wants a 13 year old to go to Q school

Shameful
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

1205 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm

And I agree.
Those are the right questions. Doss anyone know these events are happening? Is anyone telling anyone?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

How many darts was the first leg, please? DfW has gone down
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Loads more there this afternoon compared to last night. Freebies for counties doing a job.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:08 pm How many darts was the first leg, please? DfW has gone down
Ran out of memory counting the number of darts?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

37 dart break of throw?
Big Jock Knew
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

Rob Cross mentioned the JDC beforehand, Nat Coombs actually asked what the BDO were doing for the youth and none of the guests (Adams, Cross and Darryll Fitton) actually gave an answer to it.

I agree though, if they haven't been told about what the EDO are doing then how can they talk about it.
Sally
Pub Champion

Post by Sally »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:46 pm Not watching. Has his dad jumped on stage yet to take all the glory?
Paula not applauding the junior winner until she realised the camera had her in its sights! :grin:
Sally