Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

daveboygreen wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:38 pm
daveboygreen wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:31 pm
ssjsa wrote: Both a great watch and standard.

Have been impressed with Williams so far this championship, but feel Glen will be just that bit too good and prevail 6-4.

Also think both, along with Scott Waites will come through Q School.
I think providing they miss each other 2 of the 3 will walk the first day

It’s like Cadby last year, they are a level above pretty much anyone going
I think you are massively over rating their chances of walking it, Beyond me how you think with all of the quality that will be at Q-School...Somehow Waites, Durrant and Williams are the stand out players.
3 players who have history of winning big opens with hundreds of entries, averaging higher than most people there and experience at pretty much every level of the game

I’d be pretty surprised if all 3 didn’t have tour cards by day 2
How did this work out for you then?
Poorly

How did entering qschool do for you?
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:35 pm
daveboygreen wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:38 pm
daveboygreen wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:31 pm

I think providing they miss each other 2 of the 3 will walk the first day

It’s like Cadby last year, they are a level above pretty much anyone going
I think you are massively over rating their chances of walking it, Beyond me how you think with all of the quality that will be at Q-School...Somehow Waites, Durrant and Williams are the stand out players.
3 players who have history of winning big opens with hundreds of entries, averaging higher than most people there and experience at pretty much every level of the game

I’d be pretty surprised if all 3 didn’t have tour cards by day 2
How did this work out for you then?
Poorly

How did entering qschool do for you?
I didn't enter so no skin off my nose.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

daveboygreen wrote:
Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:28 pm How did entering Q School despite months of saying you would work out for you, Dave?

You have absolutely no shame. You would have thought this weekend you would have laid low for a bit.
Tell ya what Ginge, Why not ask me anything you feel you need to face to face next time your near a darts event im at instead of constantly shit stirring on forums and trying to score cheap points!!
Why didn't you enter Q School despite months of saying you would and also starting the thread on here, Dave?
Big Jock Knew
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:38 pm
daveboygreen wrote:
Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:28 pm How did entering Q School despite months of saying you would work out for you, Dave?

You have absolutely no shame. You would have thought this weekend you would have laid low for a bit.
Tell ya what Ginge, Why not ask me anything you feel you need to face to face next time your near a darts event im at instead of constantly shit stirring on forums and trying to score cheap points!!
Why didn't you enter Q School despite months of saying you would and also starting the thread on here, Dave?
Ive gave you the offer of asking me anything you wish to face to face and this will be my last reply or response to anything you post on forums so I shall look forward to what you have to say to me in person next time your anywhere near a darts event im attending.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

daveboygreen wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:

Ive gave you the offer of asking me anything you wish to face to face and this will be my last reply or response to anything you post on forums so I shall look forward to what you have to say to me in person next time your anywhere near a darts event im attending.
Why did you bottle Q School, Dave?
Big Jock Knew
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

daveboygreen wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:41 pm
daveboygreen wrote:

Does Ginge usually attend the bedroom world masters then?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Mgt wrote:
daveboygreen wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:41 pm
daveboygreen wrote:

Does Ginge usually attend the bedroom world masters then?
:D
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

DBG has no class. The bloke is a parasite to Darts
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

next year a player who finished 106th in the q school rankings will be among the favorites for this
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:34 pm next year a player who finished 106th in the q school rankings will be among the favorites for this
We don't know who's going to have a crack at the BDO tour yet. We could be saying "Welcome home" to any of the Q School lads who didn't make it. I personally know of one who's going to try and make Lakeside
UKDA 4 Life
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Reynolds and Day are certain to be there.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:41 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:34 pm next year a player who finished 106th in the q school rankings will be among the favorites for this
We don't know who's going to have a crack at the BDO tour yet. We could be saying "Welcome home" to any of the Q School lads who didn't make it. I personally know of one who's going to try and make Lakeside
oh dear.

I was referring to this years lakeside runner up and q-school utter failure Scott Waites
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

What’s even more funny is that most who will watch Lakeside on tv next year won’t even know this, now that really is funny!!! :DDD:
Little Lonely Garry
International

DavidB wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:31 pm

What’s even more funny is that most who will watch Lakeside on tv next year won’t even know this, now that really is funny!!! :DDD:
are you saying the people who watch lakeside are stupid and have no idea that scott waites did so atrocious at Q-school. ?
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Im interested to see what Waites does now. Will he play the Challenge Tour etc or just go back and focus on lakeside. Same goes for Williams.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Astonvilla wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:41 pm Im interested to see what Waites does now. Will he play the Challenge Tour etc or just go back and focus on lakeside. Same goes for Williams.
They are both qualified for Lakeside/wherevereside so not much to focus on there.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

indeed be interesting what the likes of hamilton/ newton/ kong etc do, keep doing the leisure centre tour (morally shattering) with very rare tv apearences /chances or do the bdo tour with a degree of certainty they will make a world championship depends on ambitions (winning trophies wise against a well paid journyman) & financial comitments
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

So logically theyd play PDC knowing they have the backstop of the BDO WC if they want it?
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:34 pm

are you saying the people who watch lakeside are stupid and have no idea that scott waites did so atrocious at Q-school. ?

No, I’m saying that most who watch Lakeside and all the casual viewers won’t even know there was such a thing as Q-School, let alone Waites gave it a go and didn’t get through.

But if you think it’s funny... :grin:
Little Lonely Garry
International

DavidB wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:04 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:34 pm

No, I’m saying that most who watch Lakeside and all the casual viewers won’t even know there was such a thing as Q-School, let alone Waites gave it a go and didn’t get through.

But if you think it’s funny... :grin:

you are the one posting smillies thinking its fun

I think its not only sad, but pathetic that last weeks lakeside finalist finished 106th in the PDC q- school