2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Re: 2019 BDO world championship schedule

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Ginge wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:52 am So they can't even give free tickets away now?
Meanwhile, over at Ally Pally for the Unofficial Pretend World Championships, you've got people paying a 250% mark up for twice as many tickets as they actually want.

It's a strange old world.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

This is my issue with the PDC events, minutes after going on general sale, they all appear on secondary sites with ridiculous mark ups. And they even have/have had the cheek to have a couple of these sites as commercial partners.
They really should clamp down on this practice.
At least the BDO tickets can be bought any time from the actual venue. I am assuming as they rarely sell out, no one in their right mind would buy from these para-sites like Viagogo and StubHub. And why no one puts tickets on there.
I have been to both Worlds on multiple occasions and whilst Ally Pally has a party atmosphere, it is basically groups of people out on the lash and the actual darts is merely a sideshow. At least when I go to Lakeside I can actually enjoy the matches without drunken tossers standing on the tables and chanting ad nauseum.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Ginge wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:37 am
Addicks Fan wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:13 am
Ginge wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:17 am Then again its that first Sunday that has puzzled me. First weekend used to be a sell out. Now the Sunday still has hundreds of tickets available, including a load in the Premium section at the front.
Maybe people are giving a thumbs down to the ticket prices? It suggests that the first weekend package isn't doing well either
Surely if the first Saturday has sold out then the first weekend package has also done the same?
I doubt they would stop people just buying for Saturday. Why hold some back for weekend package tickets that aren't selling? I don't know if they have sold many weekend tickets, but the fact that there are so many Premium tickets at the front still available on Sunday suggests not
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Ginge wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:37 am
Addicks Fan wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:13 am
Ginge wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:17 am Then again its that first Sunday that has puzzled me. First weekend used to be a sell out. Now the Sunday still has hundreds of tickets available, including a load in the Premium section at the front.
Maybe people are giving a thumbs down to the ticket prices? It suggests that the first weekend package isn't doing well either
Surely if the first Saturday has sold out then the first weekend package has also done the same?
I doubt they would stop people just buying for Saturday. Why hold some back for weekend package tickets that aren't selling? I don't know if they have sold many weekend tickets, but the fact that there are so many Premium tickets at the front still available on Sunday suggests not
My point was surely it's the same seat numbers when you buy a package, so if Saturday has almost sold out then it stands to reason all the weekend ones have as well.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:06 pm This is my issue with the PDC events, minutes after going on general sale, they all appear on secondary sites with ridiculous mark ups. And they even have/have had the cheek to have a couple of these sites as commercial partners.
At least the BDO tickets can be bought any time from the actual venue. I am assuming as they rarely sell out, no one in their right mind would buy from these para-sites like Viagogo and StubHub. And why no one puts tickets on there.
I have been to both Worlds on multiple occasions and whilst Ally Pally has a party atmosphere, it is basically groups of people out on the lash and the actual darts is merely a sideshow. At least when I go to Lakeside I can actually enjoy the matches without drunken tossers standing on the tables and chanting ad nauseum.
geoff! geoff! geoff!
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:53 am
Ginge wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:52 am So they can't even give free tickets away now?
Meanwhile, over at Ally Pally for the Unofficial Pretend World Championships, you've got people paying a 250% mark up for twice as many tickets as they actually want.

It's a strange old world.
Strange there's any available at all let alone 6........I thought this comp was always sold out.....seems like the only reason they are sold out is because greedy touts are hording them....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:06 pm This is my issue with the PDC events, minutes after going on general sale, they all appear on secondary sites with ridiculous mark ups. And they even have/have had the cheek to have a couple of these sites as commercial partners.
shrewd marketing ply by b hearn appeal firstly to the xmas parties from work brigade, secondly to the lads / girls twice 3 x / year meet up brigade on hols from work & thirdly to people who want to watch darts only, nowt wrong with it successful formula
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

So how sold is this as the tickets went on sale late I think they do well to sell 75% of them
thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

i dont care about ticket sales - just want to see a good game of darts -

robson
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:27 am
Ginge wrote:So they can't even give free tickets away now?
They were offering them to bdof members the other days
Yes. We already know what their attendances look like.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

thelad1985 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:19 am i dont care about ticket sales - just want to see a good game of darts -

robson
Like this one Robson. :grin:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Over 700 tickets given away over 4 days.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:Over 700 tickets given away over 4 days.
Where is this info from?
Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Ginge wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:25 pm
Where is this info from?

Des on Fanatics.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

markymark wrote:
Where is this info from?

Des on Fanatics.
And yet some of those midweek afternoons have a huge number of tickets left for sale. Remarkable.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:55 pm
markymark wrote:
Where is this info from?

Des on Fanatics.
And yet some of those midweek afternoons have a huge number of tickets left for sale. Remarkable.
I imagine only an allocation of tickets for those mid-week sessions were available to the Counties as freebies. I'm sure they're trying to sell some at least. I imagine Des's posts refer to how many of that allocation has been given away.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
markymark wrote:
Where is this info from?

Des on Fanatics.
I imagine only an allocation of tickets for those mid-week sessions were available to the Counties as freebies. I'm sure they're trying to sell some at least. I imagine Des's posts refer to how many of that allocation has been given away.
Yes but they would still have to be blocked out on the website first.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:00 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
markymark wrote:
Ginge wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:25 pm Where is this info from?

Des on Fanatics.
Well, you would think.........
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Ginge wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:00 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
markymark wrote:
Des on Fanatics.
Well, you would think.........
They have because a county posted a pic of their tickets for a session and they had been blocked out on the sales map.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

So even with the freebies, those sessions are going to be dead?