Correct.
ChrisW
International

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by ChrisW »

DavidB wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:31 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:17 pm
ssjsa wrote:
First time since they started doing them the bbc haven’t done a live thread for this final.

Also during the pdc final 5 of the top trending terms on Twitter was darts, nothing trending at all for darts today.

But but but trending on Twitter means nothing, it’s the national newspapers, Zeyes said so :WWWW:
That's the litmus test of an increase in interest in darts.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Reading that members of potters family have basically said it won't be here next year.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Blue Steel
Feather Flights

Post by Blue Steel »

Reading but no link. Interesting.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Astonvilla wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:47 pm Im looking forward to next years final between Mitchell and Montgomery.
I'd back Bristow's ghost to make the final before The Boss.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zapp moaning about the bdo again

He thought it was stone dead this year, he is pig sick
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

foggs3355 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:29 pm I thought it was good couverage all week by Euro sport so let’s hope the next tv event on there is as good
Zapp hated it and has made phone calls

Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Final Averages

GAMES PLAYED SO FAR - 54
TOTAL AVERAGES - 108
AVERAGES OVER A TON - NONE
AVERAGES OVER 90 - 27
AVERAGES IN THE 80S AND UNDER - 81
AVERAGES IN THE 70S AND UNDER - 33
AVERAGES IN THE 60 AND UNDER - 10
AVERAGES IN THE 50S AND UNDER - 2

3 OUT OF EVERY 4 AVERAGES IN THE ENTIRE COMP WERE UNDER 89.99

WORLD PRO
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Sympathy post to stop Oche making it an unanswered hat trick. Talking of such things, i'm livid at Durrant.

He's taken 300 grand from the BDO coffers in world championship wins alone. And he has the disrespect to basically call it a tinpoint organisation with none of the top players in it. Phil's darting circus are welcome to the ungrateful so and so. Booo. Hissss.
Blue Steel
Feather Flights

Post by Blue Steel »

Got any true stories?
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Blue Steel wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:59 pm Got any true stories?
Watch the speech back yourself. He's been having digs at the BDO regularly as well. He makes Garry Murphy look like a BDO fanatic such is his distain for the official code.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ssjw
Feather Flights

Post by Ssjw »

Thehateful180 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:02 pm
Blue Steel wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:59 pm Got any true stories?
Watch the speech back yourself. He's been having digs at the BDO regularly as well. He makes Garry Murphy look like a BDO fanatic such is his distain for the official code.
Oh dear.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Durrant will be moving in to the top 41 position of earnings in darts all time on DDB with this win.
Just 4 more places and he will have caught Jamie Caven.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote:
foggs3355 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:29 pm I thought it was good couverage all week by Euro sport so let’s hope the next tv event on there is as good
I thought the coverage was good, can’t fault the camera work and they even started doing video packages to big up the next match.

Don’t agree with the presentation on stage, thought it was amateurish and stupid to be up there whilst the dj is banging the lakeside classics

And I thought the commentating was horrendous all week, Nicholson is the worst darts commentator active at the minute by a mile and he spoilt the last few sets today, mace isn’t getting any better and rawling was getting dragged down.

As for Eurosport’s people, the interviewer got better as the week got on but combs didn’t seem to care by the end of the week, which is understandable because he was having to cover nfl the minute darts went off the air yesterday and is doing the same today.

Overal its been a good week but I do fear for what’s to come. If waites and duzza get their cards this weekend the bdo have lost their 2 main draws
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:29 pm
oche balboa wrote:
I thought the coverage was good, can’t fault the camera work and they even started doing video packages to big up the next match.

Don’t agree with the presentation on stage, thought it was amateurish and stupid to be up there whilst the dj is banging the lakeside classics

And I thought the commentating was horrendous all week, Nicholson is the worst darts commentator active at the minute by a mile and he spoilt the last few sets today, mace isn’t getting any better and rawling was getting dragged down.

As for Eurosport’s people, the interviewer got better as the week got on but combs didn’t seem to care by the end of the week, which is understandable because he was having to cover nfl the minute darts went off the air yesterday and is doing the same today.

Overal its been a good week but I do fear for what’s to come. If waites and duzza get their cards this weekend the bdo have lost their 2 main draws
Coverage was better then anything C4 & BBC came up with. Presenation on stage was good (Problem was when you were there you couldnt hear what they said) funny you dont mention the fact the PDC do that to open their show. Nicholson was very good, maybe he does like the sound of his own voice a little, but he was informative, knowledgeable and had great enthusiasm for Lakeside & BDO Darts, Mason was as solid as ever, Rawling is a professional dont think he was being dragged down. Commbs was professional and did a fine job, Georgie Bingham improved as the tournament went on.

"Fear" not really, we all know BDO is an indirect feeder to the PDC & a place for people who have gone to pot in the PDC to rediscover form. It has 3 TV tournaments now where the players in the system (Those who remain after Q School) can aim for. Its an alternative and its not a bad thing, People sometimes want the BDO to fold so they can troll social media or want to keep the flame alive that the BDO is on par with the PDC so they can discredit the BDO.

If the BDO gets better structure then its good for Darts. People have good choices and a change to qualify for TV events.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Astonvilla wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:47 pm Im looking forward to next years final between Mitchell and Montgomery.
You'll be the only one who is.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm
oche balboa wrote:

Coverage was better then anything C4 & BBC came up with. Presenation on stage was good (Problem was when you were there you couldnt hear what they said) funny you dont mention the fact the PDC do that to open their show. Nicholson was very good, maybe he does like the sound of his own voice a little, but he was informative, knowledgeable and had great enthusiasm for Lakeside & BDO Darts, Mason was as solid as ever, Rawling is a professional dont think he was being dragged down. Commbs was professional and did a fine job, Georgie Bingham improved as the tournament went on.

"Fear" not really, we all know BDO is an indirect feeder to the PDC & a place for people who have gone to pot in the PDC to rediscover form. It has 3 TV tournaments now where the players in the system (Those who remain after Q School) can aim for. Its an alternative and its not a bad thing, People sometimes want the BDO to fold so they can troll social media or want to keep the flame alive that the BDO is on par with the PDC so they can discredit the BDO.

If the BDO gets better structure then its good for Darts. People have good choices and a change to qualify for TV events.
Good post Oche. Agree with nearly everything you have articulated. :DDDD:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

ssjsa wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:49 pm
oche balboa wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm
oche balboa wrote:

Good post Oche. Agree with nearly everything you have articulated. :DDDD:
One troll daring to slag other trolls off there