2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
User avatar
O C
Superleague Player
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 pm
Location: USA

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by O C » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Superb

DavidB
International
Posts: 5302
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by DavidB » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Highest average in a women’s match at Lakeside world championship also??

Dean Martin
Feather Flights
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by Dean Martin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 pm

Lorraine is a nice lady but shouldn't feel so bad as Suzuki played out of her skin.

User avatar
Murphio
International
Posts: 6068
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by Murphio » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:32 pm

Wow. That was something special.

DavidB
International
Posts: 5302
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by DavidB » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:32 pm

Dean Martin wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 pm
Lorraine is a nice lady but shouldn't feel so bad as Suzuki played out of her skin.


Lorraine played very well but I don’t think even Ashton on her best form could have lived with Suzuki today...

robot
Superleague Player
Posts: 1669
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by robot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Suzuki a breath of fresh air.

Georgie Bingham has been crap all week but surpassed herself there asking a clearly distraught Winstanley ‘how are you feeling...’

Nico using more stupid wrestling analogies - total lead balloons.
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by 1205 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:38 pm

That's the kind of performance of which people thought her capable. Best average in a women's final, and 5th best in the tournament.

But, let's calm down a bit. In last year's final Lisa Ashton averaged 89.80.

robot
Superleague Player
Posts: 1669
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by robot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:39 pm

Wonder if Uncle Bazza will be sniffing around women’s darts again?
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner

Zapp Brannigan
County Player
Posts: 4000
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:40 pm

robot wrote:Wonder if Uncle Bazza will be sniffing around women’s darts again?
The rumour is he already is

1205
Pub Champion
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by 1205 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:42 pm

DavidB wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:32 pm
Dean Martin wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 pm
Lorraine is a nice lady but shouldn't feel so bad as Suzuki played out of her skin.


Lorraine played very well but I don’t think even Ashton on her best form could have lived with Suzuki today...
Lisa Ashton averaged 89.80 in last year's final and has had a higher average. (90.18 against Gulliver in the 2015 quarter final). Ashton also has the record televised women's average of 98.85.

So, Ashton on her best form against Suzuki today would have been a better game.

robot
Superleague Player
Posts: 1669
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by robot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Agreed that Ashton’s ‘level’ looks on a similar par to the limited exposure we have seen of Suzuki.

Anyway onto a close looking Men’s semi
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner

User avatar
Murphio
International
Posts: 6068
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by Murphio » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:40 pm
robot wrote:Wonder if Uncle Bazza will be sniffing around women’s darts again?
The rumour is he already is
Rumour? I'd have thought the fact he introduced both a European and UK qualifier for the recent World Championships makes it a little more than that. But he doesn't want a ladies game per se - he wants a unisex sport and that is the way, imo, to go. In the meantime he has given the ladies their own qualifier which is fair enough until they catch up. And there is absolutely no reason they can't.

robot
Superleague Player
Posts: 1669
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by robot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Murphio wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:40 pm
robot wrote:Wonder if Uncle Bazza will be sniffing around women’s darts again?
The rumour is he already is
Rumour? I'd have thought the fact he introduced both a European and UK qualifier for the recent World Championships makes it a little more than that. But he doesn't want a ladies game per se - he wants a unisex sport and that is the way, imo, to go. In the meantime he has given the ladies their own qualifier which is fair enough until they catch up. And there is absolutely no reason they can't.
Though if he thought there was big sponsorship money/commercial interest possible coming from the Far East he could still change his tune about a dedicated ladies game
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner

Dean Martin
Feather Flights
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by Dean Martin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:57 pm

Murphio wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:40 pm
robot wrote:Wonder if Uncle Bazza will be sniffing around women’s darts again?
The rumour is he already is
Rumour? I'd have thought the fact he introduced both a European and UK qualifier for the recent World Championships makes it a little more than that. But he doesn't want a ladies game per se - he wants a unisex sport and that is the way, imo, to go. In the meantime he has given the ladies their own qualifier which is fair enough until they catch up. And there is absolutely no reason they can't.
I noticed a 5 star comment about this issue of women vs men from Frank_Drebin earlier in the comments, It was a few minutes after I registered this afternoon. I only discovered this forum this afternoon.

User avatar
Murphio
International
Posts: 6068
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by Murphio » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:00 pm

robot wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm
Murphio wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:40 pm
robot wrote:Wonder if Uncle Bazza will be sniffing around women’s darts again?
The rumour is he already is
Rumour? I'd have thought the fact he introduced both a European and UK qualifier for the recent World Championships makes it a little more than that. But he doesn't want a ladies game per se - he wants a unisex sport and that is the way, imo, to go. In the meantime he has given the ladies their own qualifier which is fair enough until they catch up. And there is absolutely no reason they can't.
Though if he thought there was big sponsorship money possible coming from the Far East he could still change his tune about a dedicated ladies game
I suspect he would instead increase the number of ladies participants in events through seperate qualifiers rather than dedicate an entire event to them. He has made it quite clear than ladies should have the same opportunities to play for the same prize money as men and in this I totally agree with them. The ladies are always going to have limited exposure for pitiful prize money with continued gender apartheid.

robot
Superleague Player
Posts: 1669
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by robot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Murphio wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:00 pm
robot wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm
Murphio wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:40 pm
robot wrote:Wonder if Uncle Bazza will be sniffing around women’s darts again?
The rumour is he already is
Rumour? I'd have thought the fact he introduced both a European and UK qualifier for the recent World Championships makes it a little more than that. But he doesn't want a ladies game per se - he wants a unisex sport and that is the way, imo, to go. In the meantime he has given the ladies their own qualifier which is fair enough until they catch up. And there is absolutely no reason they can't.
Though if he thought there was big sponsorship money possible coming from the Far East he could still change his tune about a dedicated ladies game
I suspect he would instead increase the number of ladies participants in events through seperate qualifiers rather than dedicate an entire event to them. He has made it quite clear than ladies should have the same opportunities to play for the same prize money as men and in this I totally agree with them. The ladies are always going to have limited exposure for pitiful prize money with continued gender apartheid.
You may well be right, though Hearn may be most guided by what lines his pocket the best, as opposed to the equity of a unisex meritocracy!
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner

Dean Martin
Feather Flights
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by Dean Martin » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:06 pm

UNTERBUCHNER is bottling it so far.

mik252
The Ton Club
Posts: 297
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by mik252 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Unterbuchner had at least one dart to win each of the opening seven legs and won just one of them. Expect Waites to run away with it now as he’s normally a great front runner.

User avatar
The Crusader
International
Posts: 5139
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by The Crusader » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Dean Martin wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:40 pm
robot wrote:Wonder if Uncle Bazza will be sniffing around women’s darts again?
The rumour is he already is
Rumour? I'd have thought the fact he introduced both a European and UK qualifier for the recent World Championships makes it a little more than that. But he doesn't want a ladies game per se - he wants a unisex sport and that is the way, imo, to go. In the meantime he has given the ladies their own qualifier which is fair enough until they catch up. And there is absolutely no reason they can't.
I noticed a 5 star comment about this issue of women vs men from Frank_Drebin earlier in the comments, It was a few minutes after I registered this afternoon. I only discovered this forum this afternoon.
Is there a way of changing joining up procedure to stop this prick?
Thinking of one.

User avatar
Murphio
International
Posts: 6068
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by Murphio » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:14 pm

robot wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:06 pm
Murphio wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:00 pm
robot wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm
Murphio wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:40 pm


The rumour is he already is
Rumour? I'd have thought the fact he introduced both a European and UK qualifier for the recent World Championships makes it a little more than that. But he doesn't want a ladies game per se - he wants a unisex sport and that is the way, imo, to go. In the meantime he has given the ladies their own qualifier which is fair enough until they catch up. And there is absolutely no reason they can't.
Though if he thought there was big sponsorship money possible coming from the Far East he could still change his tune about a dedicated ladies game
I suspect he would instead increase the number of ladies participants in events through seperate qualifiers rather than dedicate an entire event to them. He has made it quite clear than ladies should have the same opportunities to play for the same prize money as men and in this I totally agree with them. The ladies are always going to have limited exposure for pitiful prize money with continued gender apartheid.
You may well be right, though Hearn may be most guided by what lines his pocket the best, as opposed to the equity of a unisex meritocracy!
Totally agree which is why I think there is no chance whatsoever of Hearn holding a standalone ladies event - there is simply no money in it. The Ladies game in the BDO has long been subsidised by the men's. Ladies will continue to get opportunities and exposure in the PDC and he will certainly see Suzuki in particular as someone with commercial potentia.l But I'd bet my house on her and others like her being absorbed into the men's game. He recently called for the BDO to give the ladies champion a place at the Grand Slam - I think that's something we'll hear him say again in light of today's winner.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”