Beta Blockers and Darts

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: Beta Blockers and Darts

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:50 pm
devosteve wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 pm Foulds was the guy I reckon.

Werbenuik was the 8 pints of lager guy (also wore shirts with the 'frills' on the front).

Stevens was a character from, let's say, the wild side of snooker.
Eight pints my arse. :grin:

https://drunkard.com/top-drunks-big-bill-werbeniuk/

Also from his Wikipedia page:

Alcohol consumptionEdit

Werbeniuk was noted for the copious amounts of alcohol he consumed before and during matches – at least six pints before a match and then one pint for each frame. In total, he drank between 40 and 50 pints of lager per day.[1][3] Doctors advised Werbeniuk to drink alcohol to counteract a familial benign essential tremor.[4] Later in his career he also took propranolol, a beta blocker, to cope with the effects of his alcohol consumption on his heart.[5]

Bill was also famously reported in the UK tabloid press as successfully claiming the cost of 6 pints of lager before every match as a tax deductible expense.[2]

Some of Werbeniuk's most famous feats of drinking include: 76 cans of lager during a game with John Spencer in Australia in the 1970s;[1]43 pints of lager in a snooker match/drinking contest against Scotsman Eddie Sinclair in which, after Sinclair had passed out following his 42nd pint, Werbeniuk was reported to say "I'm away to the bar now for a proper drink";[6] 28 pints of lager and 16 whiskies over the course of 11 frames during a match against Nigel Bond, in January 1990 – after which Werbeniuk then consumed an entire bottle of Scotch to "drown his sorrows" after losing the match.[1]
All media sensationalism.
Werby enjoyed a swift half and that was it.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm
ssjsa wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:50 pm
devosteve wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 pm Foulds was the guy I reckon.

Werbenuik was the 8 pints of lager guy (also wore shirts with the 'frills' on the front).

Stevens was a character from, let's say, the wild side of snooker.
Eight pints my arse. :grin:

https://drunkard.com/top-drunks-big-bill-werbeniuk/

Also from his Wikipedia page:

Alcohol consumptionEdit

Werbeniuk was noted for the copious amounts of alcohol he consumed before and during matches – at least six pints before a match and then one pint for each frame. In total, he drank between 40 and 50 pints of lager per day.[1][3] Doctors advised Werbeniuk to drink alcohol to counteract a familial benign essential tremor.[4] Later in his career he also took propranolol, a beta blocker, to cope with the effects of his alcohol consumption on his heart.[5]

Bill was also famously reported in the UK tabloid press as successfully claiming the cost of 6 pints of lager before every match as a tax deductible expense.[2]

Some of Werbeniuk's most famous feats of drinking include: 76 cans of lager during a game with John Spencer in Australia in the 1970s;[1]43 pints of lager in a snooker match/drinking contest against Scotsman Eddie Sinclair in which, after Sinclair had passed out following his 42nd pint, Werbeniuk was reported to say "I'm away to the bar now for a proper drink";[6] 28 pints of lager and 16 whiskies over the course of 11 frames during a match against Nigel Bond, in January 1990 – after which Werbeniuk then consumed an entire bottle of Scotch to "drown his sorrows" after losing the match.[1]
Just like Whitlock then.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

ssjsa wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:57 pm
ChrisW wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm

Just like Whitlock then.
:DDD: :DDD: Beat a few to it there I bet ;-)