Thank you Unicorn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International
Posts: 11102
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by oche balboa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:28 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:24 pm
Oche is the reason why brother and sister should not be allowed to marry.

But your mom shagged a goat for you to be born
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

J Y Kelly
The Ton Club
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:16 am

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by J Y Kelly » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:45 pm

ssjsa wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:20 pm
I didn’t ask for a prize, unicorn can suck ass
I didn't suggest you did, but merely pointed out that those hundreds of prizes donated by Unicorn over the last 7 years, have been good value for those lucky enough to have received them. :WWWW:
Yes, getting a set of darts for free is good value now I think about it. Are you Milton Friedman?
There's a homo fae Fife whom plays the game
and oh what a bummer , Stevie's the name
No man sais he , shall stand in his way
He'll make them bend over, because he is a gay

fling
Superleague Player
Posts: 1346
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by fling » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:12 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm
As John said all good things must come to an end, we'll have a mooch about and see if we can get someone else to give some prizes, Unicorn were effectively giving away over £500 retail of goods every competition and that was always unsustainable as costs rise and margins get squeezed.
Edward and Matt have looked after us well for seven years and we are extremely grateful for their support over that period.

On the plus side Oche has said he has an uneaten pack of crayons he'll donate for the World Championships so we'll have at least one prize :)
If we can't get a donation of prizes then one option would be an entry fee (£5 or £10) and to pay out the funds to the top 3 as appropriate.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 61960
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by Ginge » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:15 pm

fling wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm
As John said all good things must come to an end, we'll have a mooch about and see if we can get someone else to give some prizes, Unicorn were effectively giving away over £500 retail of goods every competition and that was always unsustainable as costs rise and margins get squeezed.
Edward and Matt have looked after us well for seven years and we are extremely grateful for their support over that period.

On the plus side Oche has said he has an uneaten pack of crayons he'll donate for the World Championships so we'll have at least one prize :)
If we can't get a donation of prizes then one option would be an entry fee (£5 or £10) and to pay out the funds to the top 3 as appropriate.
Not a terrible idea. The lurkers not likely to part with hard earned cash.

mshaw2
Superleague Player
Posts: 1314
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by mshaw2 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:41 pm

ssjsa wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:04 pm
mshaw2 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:42 pm
Unicorn products are awful.

Pretty broad statement. Which products have you bought and been disappointed with.
Most of them. I usually throw them in the bin after an hour.

User avatar
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player
Posts: 3095
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:57 am
Location: Lancs

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:45 pm

mshaw2 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:41 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:04 pm
mshaw2 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:42 pm
Unicorn products are awful.

Pretty broad statement. Which products have you bought and been disappointed with.
Most of them. I usually throw them in the bin after an hour.
I've seen a lot of people do that with many a darts companies darts, nowt like a good hissy fit after practice has gone bad. ;-)

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by BlueSpark » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:03 pm

Ginge wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:15 pm
fling wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm
As John said all good things must come to an end, we'll have a mooch about and see if we can get someone else to give some prizes, Unicorn were effectively giving away over £500 retail of goods every competition and that was always unsustainable as costs rise and margins get squeezed.
Edward and Matt have looked after us well for seven years and we are extremely grateful for their support over that period.

On the plus side Oche has said he has an uneaten pack of crayons he'll donate for the World Championships so we'll have at least one prize :)
If we can't get a donation of prizes then one option would be an entry fee (£5 or £10) and to pay out the funds to the top 3 as appropriate.
Not a terrible idea. The lurkers not likely to part with hard earned cash.
Are you joking, I had trouble getting a fiver off 7 people for the fantasy football.
Even got one in the post ffs. It will never work.
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

Black Velvet
Superleague Player
Posts: 1986
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 am

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by Black Velvet » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:16 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:03 pm
Ginge wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:15 pm
fling wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm
As John said all good things must come to an end, we'll have a mooch about and see if we can get someone else to give some prizes, Unicorn were effectively giving away over £500 retail of goods every competition and that was always unsustainable as costs rise and margins get squeezed.
Edward and Matt have looked after us well for seven years and we are extremely grateful for their support over that period.

On the plus side Oche has said he has an uneaten pack of crayons he'll donate for the World Championships so we'll have at least one prize :)
If we can't get a donation of prizes then one option would be an entry fee (£5 or £10) and to pay out the funds to the top 3 as appropriate.
Not a terrible idea. The lurkers not likely to part with hard earned cash.
Are you joking, I had trouble getting a fiver off 7 people for the fantasy football.
Even got one in the post ffs. It will never work.
Oche doesn't know how online banking works, in fairness.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 18518
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by ssjsa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:16 pm

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:45 pm
mshaw2 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:41 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:04 pm
mshaw2 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:42 pm
Unicorn products are awful.

Pretty broad statement. Which products have you bought and been disappointed with.
Most of them. I usually throw them in the bin after an hour.
I've seen a lot of people do that with many a darts companies darts, nowt like a good hissy fit after practice has gone bad. ;-)
Don't waste your time Wubba, he has only posted on the forum for trolling purposes, much like his fellow refugees from other forums.
Image

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 18518
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by ssjsa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:19 pm

J Y Kelly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:45 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:20 pm
I didn’t ask for a prize, unicorn can suck ass
I didn't suggest you did, but merely pointed out that those hundreds of prizes donated by Unicorn over the last 7 years, have been good value for those lucky enough to have received them. :WWWW:
Yes, getting a set of darts for free is good value now I think about it. Are you Milton Friedman?
No. ;-)
Image

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner

ChrisW
International
Posts: 25861
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by ChrisW » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Ginge wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:15 pm
fling wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm
As John said all good things must come to an end, we'll have a mooch about and see if we can get someone else to give some prizes, Unicorn were effectively giving away over £500 retail of goods every competition and that was always unsustainable as costs rise and margins get squeezed.
Edward and Matt have looked after us well for seven years and we are extremely grateful for their support over that period.

On the plus side Oche has said he has an uneaten pack of crayons he'll donate for the World Championships so we'll have at least one prize :)
If we can't get a donation of prizes then one option would be an entry fee (£5 or £10) and to pay out the funds to the top 3 as appropriate.
Not a terrible idea. The lurkers not likely to part with hard earned cash.
Neither will the regulars.

User avatar
The Crusader
International
Posts: 5241
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by The Crusader » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Not against the idea of paying in.

Only issues I see are getting all monies in before start, secondly members already question the points in a free comp could you imagine the volunteer getting all the grief if money was involved.
Thinking of one.

only85
Pub Champion
Posts: 861
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:36 pm
Location: rzeszow polska

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by only85 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:47 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm
As John said all good things must come to an end, we'll have a mooch about and see if we can get someone else to give some prizes, Unicorn were effectively giving away over £500 retail of goods every competition and that was always unsustainable as costs rise and margins get squeezed.
Edward and Matt have looked after us well for seven years and we are extremely grateful for their support over that period.

On the plus side Oche has said he has an uneaten pack of crayons he'll donate for the World Championships so we'll have at least one prize :)

Im nearly sure promotional items / give away s are tax deductibles ! Look forward to one 80 darts taking the forum forward , :WWWW:

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 8367
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by DavidOwen67 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:05 pm

Unicorn have been nothing but generous with the members of this site.

And now we can also thank them for getting rid of the lurkers.

User avatar
JOEY
Pub Champion
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by JOEY » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Thanks unicorn for the years of great support and generosity, very appreciated

User avatar
JOEY
Pub Champion
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by JOEY » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:55 pm

I don't join in much here, I enter most comps and when I need to know something I post and ask, I'm probably on the list of being a 'lurker' then but whatever. I have been reading this forum from the start, the original version including when it was just a message board and I also was on the original Taylor forum, Unicorn have been giving stuff away since then so it's a shame they are pulling out, I'd hate for the prediction comps to stop, to help make sure one happens for the world's I would like to donate a £ 50 quid prize to the winner or however the person who runs it sees fit... I'd volunteer to do it but my shitty work pattern over the Xmas period really is to busy sorry

ChrisW
International
Posts: 25861
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by ChrisW » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:06 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:05 pm
Unicorn have been nothing but generous with the members of this site.

And now we can also thank them for getting rid of the lurkers.
There will be more comps and more prizes so we can guarantee they and yourself will stay.

User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 18518
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by ssjsa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:19 pm

JOEY wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:55 pm
I don't join in much here, I enter most comps and when I need to know something I post and ask, I'm probably on the list of being a 'lurker' then but whatever. I have been reading this forum from the start, the original version including when it was just a message board and I also was on the original Taylor forum, Unicorn have been giving stuff away since then so it's a shame they are pulling out, I'd hate for the prediction comps to stop, to help make sure one happens for the world's I would like to donate a £ 50 quid prize to the winner or however the person who runs it sees fit... I'd volunteer to do it but my shitty work pattern over the Xmas period really is to busy sorry
That is an incredibly generous and appreciated offer Joey, thank you so much for that.

It means a lot to have members like yourself make such an offer, but hopefully we can source prizes without having to take you up on your kind offer.
Image

PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11102
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by oche balboa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:59 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:05 pm
Unicorn have been nothing but generous with the members of this site.

And now we can also thank them for getting rid of the lurkers.
Stop arseliking
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

teddybreak
Steady Sixties
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:04 am

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by teddybreak » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:21 am

Thanks to Unicorn for their generosity over the years.

Hopefully the competitions will continue (looks like it, reading this thread), with or without prizes.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”