International

Re: BDO Meeting

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:30 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:26 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:24 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:16 pm

Where have I said that cash has been handed over? I said they have committed to a £1m deal.
...which may or may not have actually cost them £1m.
According to Dorsetdarter when he costed the OB costs that figure sounds about right for 9 tournaments or are you suggesting otherwise?
So you are now claiming that the deal isnt actually any cash at all and they gave the rights away for free, and £1m is just the cost of ensuring the 9 events are on the telly?

Nah, cant see it myself. Must have been some cash involved. Sportotal wouldnt have done it, no fee to cream a percentage off.
I don't know and nor do you but the figure sound about right to me and I do believe that there is a cash payment, I doubt if that cash is a great deal of money but as I said earlier the mere fact it is broadcast makes the possibility of potential sponsorship much greater in my opinion.

Oh and remember that last year the Williams' were PAYING OUT MONEY to get the BDO on TV.
Not the World Championships though!!!!

Its all just continuously backwards whoever is in charge.
They need to focus only on Grass Roots with an annual World Amateur Championships, ideally on TV.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:33 pm

According to Dorsetdarter when he costed the OB costs that figure sounds about right for 9 tournaments or are you suggesting otherwise?
So you are now claiming that the deal isnt actually any cash at all and they gave the rights away for free, and £1m is just the cost of ensuring the 9 events are on the telly?

Nah, cant see it myself. Must have been some cash involved. Sportotal wouldnt have done it, no fee to cream a percentage off.
I don't know and nor do you but the figure sound about right to me and I do believe that there is a cash payment, I doubt if that cash is a great deal of money but as I said earlier the mere fact it is broadcast makes the possibility of potential sponsorship much greater in my opinion.

Oh and remember that last year the Williams' were PAYING OUT MONEY to get the BDO on TV.

This is a 9 tournament deal - You're an accountant so do the math.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Skewball wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:15 pm Nick, all has been said is that the deal is "worth" a million, nobody has said that is the amount of cash that has been handed over.
Where have I said that cash has been handed over? I said they have committed to a £1m deal.
So they have not got any TV rights money at all then!! :DDD:

progress.....!
Even if (and no-one knows) there is no 'cash' on top, compared with either no TV or paying for TV coverage as was the case earlier this year then yes, progress!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:37 pm

progress.....!
Even if (and no-one knows) there is no 'cash' on top, compared with either no TV or paying for TV coverage as was the case earlier this year then yes, progress!
Progress for the Masters and WDT - yes
For the Worlds - no.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:38 pm

progress.....!
For the Worlds - no.
YES it is progress for the worlds because when Des took over the BDO World Championships had:

NO TV DEAL

NO VENUE

NO SPONSOR

It now has a 3 years TV Deal, a sponsor and a venue. If that is not progress (and remember we are talking about progress under Des' stewardship) then I don't know what is.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:34 pm
Skewball wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:33 pm

This is a 9 tournament deal - You're an accountant so do the math.
Indeed. So the £1m+ basically pays for the broadcasting/OB costs which we have all agreed...

So its 3 years of guaranteed no TV rights money...

Well done Des.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:40 pm

progress.....!
For the Worlds - no.
YES it is progress for the worlds because when Des took over the BDO World Championships had:

NO TV DEAL

NO VENUE

NO SPONSOR

It now has a 3 years TV Deal, a sponsor and a venue. If that is not progress (and remember we are talking about progress under Des' stewardship) then I don't know what is.
Erm no, Im basing it on the last deal. You are taking the usual BDO Fanatic viewpoint on matters ("Something is better than nothing")
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

progress.....!
For the Worlds - no.

NO TV DEAL

NO VENUE

NO SPONSOR

Nope, it had the latter two. Des wanted to move it which is why it was such a late announcement. Oh, shall we add at that to the list of his failures so far? He could of and should have announced Lakeside as the venue much earlier to sell more tickets (and not give them away). He gambled and failed on trying to move it.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The first Sunday, usually long sold out by now (or as near enough sold out bar one or two individual seats), still has hundreds of tickets left....
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:43 pm

progress.....!
For the Worlds - no.

NO TV DEAL

NO VENUE

NO SPONSOR

Erm no, Im basing it on the last deal. You are taking the usual BDO Fanatic viewpoint on matters.
But you are quoting my posts which are about progress under Des, based on glories past everything but BBC coverage is a downward drop but that is not what we are discussing here, we are discussing the BDO since the new CEO has taken over as he is unable to change the past abominable managementof the organisation.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Reading this thread, and especially nikkiboy 's recap of recent history isn't it incredible that Sue is still on the board?

If folks were threatening to sue the bdo under her leadership then why did she seek to still be on the board?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Reading this thread, and especially nikkiboy 's recap of recent history isn't it incredible that Sue is still on the board?

If folks were threatening to sue the bdo under her leadership then why did she seek to still be on the board?
To piss Des off. Nothing more.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

devosteve wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:58 pm Reading this thread, and especially nikkiboy 's recap of recent history isn't it incredible that Sue is still on the board?

She should be nowhere near the board, my guess is that it was a deal to garner enough votes for Des.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:44 pm The first Sunday, usually long sold out by now (or as near enough sold out bar one or two individual seats), still has hundreds of tickets left....
Such interest.......... :whatever
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Great insight, there.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:04 pm Great insight, there.
Why are you so interested, are you thinking of going this year?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:13 pm
By the same token, why are you worried about people at Ally Pally allegedly throwing piss around, are you thinking of going there as well? :WWWW:
Last edited by Ginge on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

No no holidays all used up in the first week of January.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:14 pm
No no holidays all used up in the first week of January.
Not quite this year, after Xmas I do have a week left but Im taking it forward to the 2019/2020 year. Five foreign jaunts booked and would rather use them on that, I am sure you understand.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:14 pm
By the same token, why are you worried about people at Ally Pally allegedly throwing piss around, are you thinking of going there as well? :WWWW:
No but it's a terrible health risk.......