Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: BDO Meeting

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:16 pm
ChrisW wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:14 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:13 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:04 pm Great insight, there.
Why are you so interested, are you thinking of going this year?
No no holidays all used up in the first week of January.
Not quite this year, after Xmas I do have a week left but Im taking it forward to the 2019/2020 year. Five foreign jaunts booked and would rather use them on that, I am sure you understand.
Canaries once again........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:17 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:14 pm
By the same token, why are you worried about people at Ally Pally allegedly throwing piss around, are you thinking of going there as well? :WWWW:
No but it's a terrible health risk.......
Suppose its either that or terrible health and safety risks around the Lakeside complex, as he admitted in court :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Anyone kind enough just to post a couple of bullet points of what desks as on that podcast. Can't load it on my phone.

Or is it just confirming opening post?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:40 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:38 pm
Addicks Fan wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:37 pm
Skewball wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:31 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:24 pm
According to Dorsetdarter when he costed the OB costs that figure sounds about right for 9 tournaments or are you suggesting otherwise?
So they have not got any TV rights money at all then!! :DDD:

progress.....!
Even if (and no-one knows) there is no 'cash' on top, compared with either no TV or paying for TV coverage as was the case earlier this year then yes, progress!
Progress for the Masters and WDT - yes
For the Worlds - no.
YES it is progress for the worlds because when Des took over the BDO World Championships had:

NO TV DEAL

NO VENUE

NO SPONSOR

It now has a 3 years TV Deal, a sponsor and a venue. If that is not progress (and remember we are talking about progress under Des' stewardship) then I don't know what is.
Don't Sportotal sort all of that out? Hardly right to lay all the praise at the door of the board, I am sure they just all sat back and let Sportotal do their thing. Which they had to, they had no choice. So all of this would have happened regardless of who was in the chair, surely.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:19 pm Anyone kind enough just to post a couple of bullet points of what desks as on that podcast. Can't load it on my phone.

Are you on the slash?

Des says he's making some big gambles/decisions for the BDO and we have to climb a ladder one step at a time......also he admitted it was good to make mistakes as you can learn from them and he doesn't make the same one twice. I think he has done well considering the state they were in at the beginning of the year.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:18 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:17 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:14 pm
By the same token, why are you worried about people at Ally Pally allegedly throwing piss around, are you thinking of going there as well? :WWWW:
No but it's a terrible health risk.......
Suppose its either that or terrible health and safety risks around the Lakeside complex, as he admitted in court :WWWW:
That could of happened on any frozen Lake in the British Isles.........
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:26 pm .also he admitted it was good to make mistakes as you can learn from them and he doesn't make the same one twice.
Doesn't he have more than 1 kid with Paula ? ;)
BlueSpark wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:23 pm Don't Sportotal sort all of that out? Hardly right to lay all the praise at the door of the board, I am sure they just all sat back and let Sportotal do their thing. Which they had to, they had no choice. So all of this would have happened regardless of who was in the chair, surely.
It may well be the best deal Sportal could negotiate was the million in value saving over transmission / broadcasting costs and hence the %age commission has been paid from BDO funds to Sportal
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

There are great things ahead.......from what I have gathered the BDO has treats in store. At last they are taking a step in the right direction.....long may it continue.....
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:38 pm There are great things ahead.......from what I have gathered the BDO has treats in store. At last they are taking a step in the right direction.....long may it continue.....
If England get there events, open, Iom event on freesports then I think 5 tv events will be a damm sight better than anyone would have thought possible, haven’t fathomed out why the Dutch open doesn’t get more of a viewing these days
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I don’t think the EDO events will be on TV
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:26 pm
devosteve wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:19 pm Anyone kind enough just to post a couple of bullet points of what desks as on that podcast. Can't load it on my phone.

Are you on the slash?

Des says he's making some big gambles/decisions for the BDO and we have to climb a ladder one step at a time......also he admitted it was good to make mistakes as you can learn from them and he doesn't make the same one twice. I think he has done well considering the state they were in at the beginning of the year.
I was once told by a very wise man that you cannot make the same mistake twice. The first time it might be a mistake but the second time is stupidity.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:38 pm There are great things ahead.......from what I have gathered the BDO has treats in store. At last they are taking a step in the right direction.....long may it continue.....
Hot Dogs! get yer free hot dogs!
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:43 am
No things look like they could really improve over the coming years.........positive indications have been noted.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:36 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:43 am
No things look like they could really improve over the coming years.........positive indications have been noted.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

BDO gonna grow x?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

The same people who claimed that BDO will give away Lakeside and pay for a TV company to screen it are also moaning about the amount of money in the contract
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nobody knows how much tangible cash is involved, as already said, the amount in the OP could be "value".
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

But no one knows for sure the money in the contract.
So how can someone moan about it if it is an unknown quantity?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:51 am But no one knows for sure the money in the contract.
I would ignore him, this is someone who was threatened by a man at a BDO event, decreed never to attend a BDO event again should this man become chairman, but yet attended the Masters and is going to Lakeside. A man of principle.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:53 am
BlueSpark wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:51 am But no one knows for sure the money in the contract.
I would ignore him, this is someone who was threatened by a man at a BDO event, decreed never to attend a BDO event again should this man become chairman, but yet attended the Masters and is going to Lakeside. A man of principle.
Who was that Ninge?