The annual thread for Nick to moan about no Welsh venues....

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Re: The annual thread for Nick to moan about no Welsh venues....

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Skewball wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:29 pm
1205 wrote:
Skewball wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:25 pm
1205 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:23 pm
Ginge wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:06 am I heard that a darts team in Connah's Quay were gutted there isn't one in Wales, given there is that forcefield in place that stops them travelling 6 miles over the border to Chester to play in one.

They would much rather have gone to one in Cardiff instead....
Could they not at least have put one at the Riley's in Bristol?
there isnt a Riley's in Bristol
Ah, there used to be. Its ghost is still haunting the Internet.
Using Rileys is crap. They need to bin them off
N9thing in South West
And replace them with what?
I'm not aware of any chain with anywhere near as many clubs across the country geared to hosting these qualifiers. Even leaving aside their position as sponsor, you'd be mad to bin them off completely.

That said, looking at your map, there's definitely an argument for finding non-Riley's venues for a qualifier in Bristol for the south west and, say, Southampton to cover the south coast (no idea if such venues exist in these places).
It's not like Riley's could complain about "competitor's venues" being used, is it?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:14 pm
Skewball wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:29 pm
1205 wrote:
Skewball wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:25 pm
1205 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Could they not at least have put one at the Riley's in Bristol?
there isnt a Riley's in Bristol
Ah, there used to be. Its ghost is still haunting the Internet.
Using Rileys is crap. They need to bin them off
N9thing in South West
And replace them with what?
I'm not aware of any chain with anywhere near as many clubs across the country geared to hosting these qualifiers. Even leaving aside their position as sponsor, you'd be mad to bin them off completely.

That said, looking at your map, there's definitely an argument for finding non-Riley's venues for a qualifier in Bristol for the south west and, say, Southampton to cover the south coast (no idea if such venues exist in these places).
It's not like Riley's could complain about "competitor's venues" being used, is it?
exactly. Its a bit pathetic to use RIley's as an exclusive qualifying venue. It's beginning to look a bit silly.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Well, if another sponsor wants to put up the money, I'm sure that the PDC would be happy to spread the love.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Be careful what you wish for, if Rileys didnt sponsor it then they would merely just change the qualifiers to something like 3/4 events in Wigan, Crawley, Coventry and Barnsley (i.e. tacked onto Pro Tour venue bookings) , and you still wouldnt have a Scottish venue, a Welsh venue, or a venue in the SW. In fact you would have to travel further.
Big Jock Knew
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:20 am
nikkiboy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:01 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:53 am England Open back I see.
You do realise that Riley's are a sponsor of this comp and therefore that's where the amateur qualifiers are held.

And you do realise that there are no Riley's venues still open in Wales and therefore to have a qualifier in Wales is actually impossible, don't you?

Oh, wait. It's Nikki.

Oche, can you explain this to him as you speak fluent dipshit?
Oh that's ok then, let's hope that next year it's sponsored by the lerwick and Douglas fishing club and they hold all the qualifiers in Shetland and the Isle of Man, but hey no-one can complain because they're the sponsors right?
All I could have hoped for, and more.
Can you fuck off out of this thread please it's about Wales and has nothing to do with you.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

The Cat wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:20 am
nikkiboy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:01 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:53 am England Open back I see.
You do realise that Riley's are a sponsor of this comp and therefore that's where the amateur qualifiers are held.

And you do realise that there are no Riley's venues still open in Wales and therefore to have a qualifier in Wales is actually impossible, don't you?

Oh, wait. It's Nikki.

Oche, can you explain this to him as you speak fluent dipshit?
Oh that's ok then, let's hope that next year it's sponsored by the lerwick and Douglas fishing club and they hold all the qualifiers in Shetland and the Isle of Man, but hey no-one can complain because they're the sponsors right?
All I could have hoped for, and more.
Can you fek off out of this thread please it's about Wales and has nothing to do with you.
You didn't even come to Lakey, you wimp.