Glen Durrant reveals seven year plan as he prepares for BDO Lakeside defence

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: Glen Durrant reveals seven year plan as he prepares for BDO Lakeside defence

Post by ChrisW »

MancheStar wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:42 pm Duzza is targeting a third world title on the bounce - and will then look to make the move to the PDC.

Glen Durrant has revealed he has a seven year darts plan - and it starts at Lakeside next week as he bids to become a three-time BDO world champion.

Then, the Teessider will head for Q-School and try and secure his spot on the PDC tour next year.
In the words of Rab Butler. Check, Check!
oche balboa
International

Re: Glen Durrant reveals seven year plan as he prepares for BDO Lakeside defence

Post by oche balboa »

Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:42 pm
oche balboa wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:12 pm One step at a time he might not get a tour card
You admit the best player in the bdo,
the 3 in a row lakeside champion
and reigning champion might not be good enough to win a card to qualify for the top 128 in the PDC.

good of you to admit he is possibly not good enough

screenshot saved

Well he got his tour card so job done
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Headlining photo on both PDC and BDO sites at the moment. This wasn't in the 7 year plan.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:Headlining photo on both PDC and BDO sites at the moment. This wasn't in the 7 year plan.
How long are we giving it until the photo is removed and the rankings are updated to remove players?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:18 pm
ChrisW wrote:Headlining photo on both PDC and BDO sites at the moment. This wasn't in the 7 year plan.
How long are we giving it until the photo is removed and the rankings are updated to remove players?
Ranking will be done on Monday. I guess the photo will stay a while. Or at least till Dutch Open winner.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Hang fire, he hasn't actually played a ranking event yet. He could quite easily sort through his emotion and may be back to BDO for life ;-)
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Since the BDO no longer stops tour card players from entering their tournaments, who's to say they will?
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Perhaps they wont even notice.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Addicks Fan wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:50 pm
Since the BDO no longer stops tour card players from entering their tournaments, who's to say they will?
Good point, though as a tour card holder he is not allowed to enter.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

"Lucky loser"
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:06 pm He should piss it.
Any luck?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Duzza will be the 3rd best player in the PDC.

Fortunately Herewini and Tipple did get your cards or he'd have been lower down. :D
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Apparently it’s harder than reaching the PDC world final also, there :grin:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

What about his back?
Big Jock Knew
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:43 pm
What a disgrace of a tweet from the has been John Lowe. So If a player chooses loyalty over Hearns 30 pieces of silver he is scared? I didn't see John Lowe at the Cicus that is Q School, is he scared as well. This bloke is a disgrace to the sport that he and his mates split, leading us the the farce we have today, pissed up chavs throwing piss over each other, yaya kolo and songs about tables! John Lowe is a bitter man, took the BDO's money and ran for the hills, I would urge all current BDO members and supporters to boycott his exhibitions, he is a disgrace.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Tommy T-Rex wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:19 am
ChrisW wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:43 pm
What a disgrace of a tweet from the has been John Lowe. So If a player chooses loyalty over Hearns 30 pieces of silver he is scared? I didn't see John Lowe at the Cicus that is Q School, is he scared as well. This bloke is a disgrace to the sport that he and his mates split, leading us the the farce we have today, pissed up chavs throwing piss over each other, yaya kolo and songs about tables! John Lowe is a bitter man, took the BDO's money and ran for the hills, I would urge all current BDO members and supporters to boycott his exhibitions, he is a disgrace.
Not what you were saying on Facebook this morning :)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/01/21/durr ... pdc-future

GLEN DURRANT spoke of his excitement at the prospect of competing on the PDC circuit for the next two years after securing his PDC Tour Card.

Three-time Lakeside Champion Durrant was among 13 players to secure a Tour Card on the final day of the 2019 PDC UK Qualifying School in Wigan on Sunday.

Ranking points were allocated to players throughout the event to form the UK Q School Order of Merit, with Durrant one of 11 players to secure a Tour Card via this method in his first attempt at Q School.

Former Grand Slam of Darts quarter-finalist Durrant lifted his third Lakeside Championship title just four days before the start of Q School in what turned out to be a perfect January for the Cleveland man.

"This is as good as winning the Lakeside Championship," said Durrant.

"I'm so happy and relieved to get through because there was so much pressure on me to do this.

"When I looked around the venue I noticed that a lot of people were watching my matches, and I also put a lot of pressure on myself.

"Thankfully I got the job done and I'm immensely proud of what I've achieved. Now I'm looking forward to my exciting future with the PDC."

Glen Durrant (PDC)

Durrant wasted no time in looking ahead to his first PDC campaign, with the 48-year-old determined to make an immediate impression on the professional circuit.

"I need to work on getting out the traps a little bit quicker, but short format matches are nothing new to me," Durrant added.

"One of my big ambitions is to play at Blackpool's Winter Gardens, that would be another dream come true for me as it's somewhere I've always thought looks like a special place to play at.

"I'm so excited about what the future holds and I'll be giving everything 100 per cent so that I can achieve as much as I possibly can.

"Over the next couple of weeks I will be playing in exhibitions with the likes of Michael van Gerwen and Phil Taylor, and it will be a great feeling to play in them as a PDC professional."