Glen Durrant reveals seven year plan as he prepares for BDO Lakeside defence

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Glen Durrant reveals seven year plan as he prepares for BDO Lakeside defence

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:09 pm PDC always write “Lakeside Champion”

Oh and stop being bothered lol
dont read this oche, it might make you go in to meltdown

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/23/glen-dur ... o-8380964/
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Re: Glen Durrant reveals seven year plan as he prepares for BDO Lakeside defence

Post by Ginge »

I'm not the one crying that they made a quote up.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:16 pm
oche balboa wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:09 pm PDC always write “Lakeside Champion”

Read it and mentioned it on twitter

Lol
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

No sadness eh?
Did they make that quote up as well?
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:25 pm No sadness eh?
Did he make that quote up as well?
durrant himself has said lakeside championship numerous times on tv according to people on twitter and forums.

Believe he called it that on tv when he won in 2017 as well

Durrant not wanting to be at the masters will be next to be called "made up"
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

One big happy family. Or something.
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

"he is dead to me"
"he used to be a nice person"
"what ever happened to...(insert current pdc player)..."
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 pm "he is dead to me"
"he used to be a nice person"
"what ever happened to...(insert current pdc player)..."
I actually got asked that last question, down the pub watching the 2008 final Webster v Whitlock and one of the regulars asked something like: "whatever happened to that Phil Taylor fella, has he stopped playing darts, you don't hear anything about that Canadian kid Part either"
I thought he was joking at first but no, so I told him Part had just won the PDC world championship and Taylor was the best in the world to have an answer of "well they should put it on TV"

Bless em, how times have changed.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:23 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:16 pm

Read it and mentioned it on twitter

Lol
What's more painful Oche out of Durrants treachery, or Brexit getting cancelled?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Glen Durrant hasn’t done any “treachery” ffs

Brexit isn’t going to get cancelled

All good and we move on
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:28 pm Glen Durrant hasn’t done any “treachery” ffs

All good and we move on
Seething.
Little Lonely Garry
International

oche balboa wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:28 pm Glen Durrant hasn’t done any “treachery” ffs

All good and we move on
Well Durrant has certainly moved on to better things
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Thehateful180 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:26 pm Seething.
Why? It's just a guy playing darts.
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Hi Oche. Are you now ready to withdraw your claim that the PDC misquoted Durrant. An apology is not necessary, but would be welcomed.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Thehateful180 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:57 pm Hi Oche. Are you now ready to withdraw your claim that the PDC misquoted Durrant. An apology is not necessary, but would be welcomed.
You're going to be a busy boy if you get this obsessed with oche"s posts.
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:00 pm
Thehateful180 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:57 pm Hi Oche. Are you now ready to withdraw your claim that the PDC misquoted Durrant. An apology is not necessary, but would be welcomed.
I might get so obsessed with his posts that I rat him out to Dicie.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Thehateful180 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:12 pm
I might get so obsessed with his posts that I rat him out to Dicie.
Oh dear.
Little Lonely Garry
International

like you are obsessed with hateful eight's :grin:
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:28 pm I made my claims about Durrant being misquouted in a fit of seethe. I'm sorry and would like to reassure everyone that I'm taking anger management classes again to make sure these outbursts do not occur again
No worries mate. Big of you to admit it.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

https://www.skysports.com/darts/news/12 ... ol-success

Glen Durrant has been drafting his resignation letter with a heavy heart.

After 30 years as a housing manager responsible for the running of 15,000 social houses, he is leaving behind a job that has given him security, responsibility and happiness. It has been difficult for Durrant to tell his employers that he must leave, but as they have for three decades, they have supported him.

"I will become a full-time darts player for the first time in my life," he told Sky Sports. "If I leave my job, it will be an extremely sad day. But I can't take on these players when I've got a stressful 50-hour per week job."

Durrant, aged 48, has been the BDO's best player for five years and its world champion for the past three. But now he embarks on an altogether more exciting challenge and a more difficult pursuit in the PDC.

Last weekend Durrant persevered through Q-School, a gruelling four-day test of talent and temperament to earn the coveted Tour Card. Nineteen players out of 397 entrants went home with a prize, and Durrant was one of the last to do so.

The result is that Durrant is financially enabled to leave behind the nine-til-five rat race and concentrate on his arrows. As a PDC player, he can challenge to enter the World Championship, Premier League and World Matchplay.

"They have got £14,15 million to play for, the chance to change their lives," PDC chairman Barry Hearn said.

But it nearly slipped through Durrant's fingers. As one of the most high-profile players at Q-School, he was beaten on each of the first three days before rallying back with his final chance.

"It is a month I will never forget. On January 1 I thought: this month could change my life," he said.

"I acclimatised myself by going to some Pro Tours as a spectator. I'm glad I did because I had scrutiny and eyeballs on my games. I lost to people that I normally expect to beat.

"I was down, and nearly out.

"I had a really good Friday night with the Brazilian player Diogo Portela - we had great fun - then I woke up on Saturday morning with a message from my wife telling me to use some Teesside steel. I was in my comfort zone and, in the end, disappointed not to win outright.

"Diogo and I had a great laugh. He said: 'Glen you're the best player here. Go and win it'. I gained a friend in him."

As the three-time BDO champion Durrant carries a reputation of someone who might become a major threat among the big boys of the PDC. His Q-School rivals knew this.

"A target on my back is something I deal with well, it's nothing new to me," Durrant said.

"I was in a lose-lose situation because, as a world champion, because expected me to go straight through on the first day. But I'm proud of showing resilience, and proud to be a professional darts player.

"I was very happy in the BDO but people said: 'well done for your championship but how would you do against Michael van Gerwen?'"

"It's hard to quantify because I start in the PDC rankings at the bottom," he said, considering his new rivals.

"I am looking at being in top 16 by the end of my two years. I'm not ready to beat Van Gerwen on a daily basis - like the FA Cup I might beat him in a one-off.

"I have beaten Dave Chisnall and Peter Wright in the Grand Slam. I'm trying to keep my feet on the ground and I haven't yet thought about the ramifications of being a PDC player.

"My honest assessment is that I don't know where I'm at."

There will eyeballs on Durrant's progress, as there have been for the past few years as he carved out a name for himself as the best player outside of the PDC.

Typically he will shun any attention: "I'm hoping that dies down quickly."

In the meantime, Durrant must regretfully finish his resignation letter from the job that he leaves behind.