PDC Masters - 1st- 3rd February 2019- Milton Keynes

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Post Reply
User avatar
ssjsa
International
Posts: 16596
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: uddingston, glasgow
Contact:

PDC Masters - 1st- 3rd February 2019- Milton Keynes

Post by ssjsa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:18 pm

BETVICTOR, one of Europe’s leading online gaming companies, has been unveiled as the title sponsor of the 2019 BetVictor Masters, which will see Michael van Gerwen begin his bid to claim a fifth straight title against Jonny Clayton.

The operator will continue their association with the PDC through the sponsorship of the three-day, ITV4-televised event from February 1-3 at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes.

"The Masters brings together the sport's elite 16 players, and it is fantastic to have BetVictor on board as title sponsor," said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.

"BetVictor is a long-standing and valued partner of the PDC, and the BetVictor Masters promises to be an exciting three-day event as our top stars return to action next month."

Director of Sportsbook at BetVictor, Matt Scarrott said: “We’re really pleased to continue our relationship with the PDC. Darts has grown in popularity over the years and is now a favourite among sports fans.

“At BetVictor, we’ve been supporting the sport for many years, having sponsored the BetVictor World Matchplay for six years running, and extending the partnership with the PDC allows us to be a part of the sport and tap into its ever-growing fanbase.”

Van Gerwen has won the Masters for the past four years since the tournament's move to Milton Keynes, and is bidding to extend that run to five as he targets the £60,000 title.

Van Gerwen will begin his challenge against Welsh ace Clayton, who makes his Masters debut after rising to 16th on the PDC Order of Merit following a successful 2018 which included his Austrian Darts Open success.

World Championship finalist Michael Smith will play Ian White, while former Masters champion James Wade comes up against Grand Slam of Darts winner Gerwyn Price.

World number two Rob Cross meets Joe Cullen, Peter Wright plays Adrian Lewis and former finalist Gary Anderson takes on Darren Webster.

Players Championship Finals winner Daryl Gurney will play 2016 Masters finalist Dave Chisnall, while Austria's Mensur Suljovic takes on Australian ace Simon Whitlock.

The £200,000 tournament begins with four first round ties on Friday February 1, with the remaining four games from round one being played on Saturday, February 2.

The tournament then culminates on Sunday, February 3, with the quarter-finals in the afternoon session and the semi-finals and final in the evening session.

Tickets for the BetVictor Masters are available now from SeeTickets via this link. For full ticket information, please click here.

2019 BetVictor Masters
Draw Bracket
(1) Michael van Gerwen v (16) Jonny Clayton
(8) Mensur Suljovic v (9) Simon Whitlock
(5) Daryl Gurney v (12) Dave Chisnall
(4) Gary Anderson v (13) Darren Webster
(2) Rob Cross v (15) Joe Cullen
(7) Gerwyn Price v (10) James Wade
(6) Michael Smith v (11) Ian White
(3) Peter Wright v (14) Adrian Lewis

Schedule of Play
Friday February 1 (1900 GMT)
4x First Round
Daryl Gurney v Dave Chisnall
Mensur Suljovic v Simon Whitlock
Gary Anderson v Darren Webster
Michael van Gerwen v Jonny Clayton
Table Seat Tickets £26
Tiered Seat Tickets £21

Saturday February 2 (1900 GMT)
4x First Round
Gerwyn Price v James Wade
Rob Cross v Joe Cullen
Michael Smith v Ian White
Peter Wright v Adrian Lewis
Table Seat Tickets £31
Tiered Seat Tickets £26

Sunday February 3
Afternoon Session (1300 GMT)
Quarter-Finals
Table Seat Tickets £26
Tiered Seat Tickets £21

Evening Session (1900 GMT)
Semi-Finals & Final
Table Seat Tickets £31
Tiered Seat Tickets £26
Image

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 59594
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: PDC Masters - 1st- 3rd February 2019- Milton Keynes

Post by Ginge » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:44 am

the pdc are tyrants - and as locke said - it is our moral duty to stop them taking over darts - wade vs price - thats what its come to - a lakey reject against a rugby player - acting like eco manical arseholes on stage -

robson

thelad1985
Pub Champion
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:39 am

Re: PDC Masters - 1st- 3rd February 2019- Milton Keynes

Post by thelad1985 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:45 am

Ginge wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:44 am
the pdc are tyrants - and as locke said - it is our moral duty to stop them taking over darts - wade vs price - thats what its come to - a lakey reject against a rugby player - acting like eco manical arseholes on stage -

robson
just about to post that - thanks ginge -

robson

User avatar
Tommy T-Rex
Feather Flights
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Re: PDC Masters - 1st- 3rd February 2019- Milton Keynes

Post by Tommy T-Rex » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:02 pm

Another meaningless exhibition fleecing the working man of his hard earned cash. Look at the ticket prices. For £4 you can watch a BICC game over 2 days with 12 ladies matches and 24 men's in a brilliant atmosphere showing respect to the players and not a chance of getting showered in piss. It beggars belief that ITV have decided to show this tripe, if only some TV mogul had the foresight to attend a county match, alas no, they are brainwashed by Hearns media machine.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 7288
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: PDC Masters - 1st- 3rd February 2019- Milton Keynes

Post by DavidOwen67 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:32 pm

Tommy T-Rex wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:02 pm
Another meaningless exhibition fleecing the working man of his hard earned cash. Look at the ticket prices. For £4 you can watch a BICC game over 2 days with 12 ladies matches and 24 men's in a brilliant atmosphere showing respect to the players and not a chance of getting showered in piss. It beggars belief that ITV have decided to show this tripe, if only some TV mogul had the foresight to attend a county match, alas no, they are brainwashed by Hearns media machine.
£4 per day, actually, Robson.

Of course as a valued BICC official I get in foŕ free.

Now off you sod, you boring multiple.

Skewball
International
Posts: 6830
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Somerset

Re: PDC Masters - 1st- 3rd February 2019- Milton Keynes

Post by Skewball » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:05 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Tommy T-Rex wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:02 pm
Another meaningless exhibition fleecing the working man of his hard earned cash. Look at the ticket prices. For £4 you can watch a BICC game over 2 days with 12 ladies matches and 24 men's in a brilliant atmosphere showing respect to the players and not a chance of getting showered in piss. It beggars belief that ITV have decided to show this tripe, if only some TV mogul had the foresight to attend a county match, alas no, they are brainwashed by Hearns media machine.
£4 per day, actually, Robson.

Of course as a valued BICC official I get in foŕ free.

Now off you sod, you boring multiple.
and the tickets are cheaper then Lakeside.

DavidB
County Player
Posts: 4956
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Re: PDC Masters - 1st- 3rd February 2019- Milton Keynes

Post by DavidB » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:32 pm
Tommy T-Rex wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:02 pm
Another meaningless exhibition fleecing the working man of his hard earned cash. Look at the ticket prices. For £4 you can watch a BICC game over 2 days with 12 ladies matches and 24 men's in a brilliant atmosphere showing respect to the players and not a chance of getting showered in piss. It beggars belief that ITV have decided to show this tripe, if only some TV mogul had the foresight to attend a county match, alas no, they are brainwashed by Hearns media machine.
£4 per day, actually, Robson.

Of course as a valued BICC official I get in foŕ free.

Now off you sod, you boring multiple.

Does that make you a boring singular then?? :grin:

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 7288
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: PDC Masters - 1st- 3rd February 2019- Milton Keynes

Post by DavidOwen67 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 pm

DavidB wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 pm


Does that make you a boring singular then?? :grin:
It has been said.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”