Will there be a darts boom in Japan after Mikuru Suzuki win today?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here

Will there be a darts boom in Japan after Mikuru Suzuki win today?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 33

Ginge
International

Re: Will there be a darts boom in Japan after Mikuru Suzuki win today?

Post by Ginge »

Zeyes wrote:
DavidB wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 pm Not seething but I’ll listen to experts rather than you, thanks!
That's your problem in a nutshell. 8-) Too gullible and clueless to recognize "expert" BS for what it is. But then, you've pretty made much a forum career out of it, so don't be stopping now.
At one point this week Nicholson said hello to everyone watching live on Eurosport Australia....at a time the channel was showing skiing.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:50 pm
Zeyes wrote:
DavidB wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 pm Not seething but I’ll listen to experts rather than you, thanks!
That's your problem in a nutshell. 8-) Too gullible and clueless to recognize "expert" BS for what it is. But then, you've pretty made much a forum career out of it, so don't be stopping now.
At one point this week Nicholson said hello to everyone watching live on Eurosport Australia....at a time the channel was showing skiing.
Not on Eurosport player they weren't.
Same has been happening here in NL.
Afternoons only available on player.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Zeyes wrote:
:DDD: :DDD:
To the last two posts quoted
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Zeyes wrote:
:DDD:

another for the howlers list
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Zeyes wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:48 pm
That's your problem in a nutshell. 8-) Too gullible and clueless to recognize "expert" BS for what it is. But then, you've pretty much made a forum career out of it, so don't be stopping now.

So we should believe you over a professional player and media worker?? I’ve heard it all now.

You’ve made a forum career out of telling everyone you know everything when you know didy squat. :grin:

When you decide to get off your high horse we’ll have a sensible discussion but no one is holding their breath...
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

DavidB wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pm
Zeyes wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:48 pm
That's your problem in a nutshell. 8-) Too gullible and clueless to recognize "expert" BS for what it is. But then, you've pretty much made a forum career out of it, so don't be stopping now.

So we should believe you over a professional player and media worker?? I’ve heard it all now.

You’ve made a forum career out of telling everyone you know everything when you know didy squat. :grin:

When you decide to get off your high horse we’ll have a sensible discussion but no one is holding their breath...
Enlighten us, who is this "expert" you speak of ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Oh dear.
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Darts is already huge in Japan and the far east. Hundreds of millions of people watch BDO events on illegal streams.
Blue Steel
Feather Flights

Post by Blue Steel »

Hnnnngggg
deathrides
Steady Sixties

Post by deathrides »

Was it even shown over there?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

MancheStar wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:20 pm A lot of talk off the pundits of Suzuki being a big star in japan and the BDO should take the world trophy over to Japan.
Something about England not sending a team to the World Cup.

Damn that Jenny Foreigner!
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

DavidB wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pm So we should believe you over a professional player and media worker?? I’ve heard it all now.
Aren't you the same person who earlier insinuated that lack of professional coverage in print and broadcast media don't matter and Twitter et al. are where it's at? Guess people working in media do matter when they say what you want to hear.
DavidB wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pmWhen you decide to get off your high horse we’ll have a sensible discussion but no one is holding their breath...
What discussion is there to be had? I laid out facts, you want to keep fooling yourself with comforting fictions. Be well.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I missed the ladies final. Which "experts" on the coverage were proclaiming it would have a profound effect in Japan, please?
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Zeyes wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:28 am Aren't you the same person who earlier insinuated that lack of professional coverage in print and broadcast media don't matter and Twitter et al. are where it's at? Guess people working in media do matter when they say what you want to hear.
Erh?? No you have your wires crossed there!
Zeyes wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:28 am What discussion is there to be had? I laid out facts, you want to keep fooling yourself with comforting fictions. Be well.
What facts? That national newspapers weren't covering the story you mean? The fact also is that it was trending on Twitter - don't believe if you don't want to!
Last edited by DavidB on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Something trending on Twitter doesnt mean a load of Japs are now going to go out and start playing darts. Was in trending on Twitter in Japan? Someone asked was it even on telly in Japan, nobody has answered. Was it?
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:40 am Something trending on Twitter doesnt mean a load of Japs are now going to go out and start playing darts. Was in trending on Twitter in Japan? Someone asked was it even on telly in Japan, nobody has answered. Was it?

Yeah obvs but that wasn't the point. Apparently the story wasn't in the national newspapers...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Can you answer either of my questions? Actually there were three if you include my post from about 13 mins ago. I genuinely dont know the answer to any of them.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 am Can you answer either of my questions? Actually there were three if you include my post from about 13 mins ago. I genuinely dont know the answer to any of them.
An excitable Paul Nicholson was waxing lyrical about Suzuki after her win and said 'Take the Darts Trophy to Japan, Why Not?"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:40 am Something trending on Twitter doesnt mean a load of Japs are now going to go out and start playing darts. Was in trending on Twitter in Japan? Someone asked was it even on telly in Japan, nobody has answered. Was it?
It was only available in Japan via You Tube.
I heard there was 14,000 viewers on you tube during that (or another Suzuki match)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:54 am
Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 am Can you answer either of my questions? Actually there were three if you include my post from about 13 mins ago. I genuinely dont know the answer to any of them.
An excitable Paul Nicholson was waxing lyrical about Suzuki after her win and said 'Take the Darts Trophy to Japan, Why Not?"
So Paul Nicholson is the "expert" in question? :roll:
Big Jock Knew