Des Jacklin statement

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Des Jacklin statement

Post by Paddy McGinty »

SolidSCB wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:17 pm Yeah, I mean lets ignore the fact that virtually every organisation out there actually go to the trouble of proof reading their stuff before publishing it.

Because that doesn't matter to a professional organisation.
Well most people on here keep saying they are the amateur side of darts so why now all of a sudden you expect them to act like a professional outfit......you can't have it all ways. More proof you lot just moan for the sake of it.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"Amateurs are allowed to have rubbish spelling and grammar"
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:41 pm
SolidSCB wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:17 pm Yeah, I mean lets ignore the fact that virtually every organisation out there actually go to the trouble of proof reading their stuff before publishing it.

Well most people on here keep saying they are the amateur side of darts so why now all of a sudden you expect them to act like a professional outfit......you can't have it all ways. More proof you lot just moan for the sake of it.
You lot as in graphic designers?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:42 pm "Amateurs are allowed to have rubbish spelling and grammar"
So you are saying that they are professional but their announcements are full of mistakes........ I'd go with that.
SolidSCB
Brass Darts

Post by SolidSCB »

I couldn't give a toss about the BDO Vs PDC stuff. As far as I'm concerned it's as childish as arguing over which brand of phone is best or anything like that.

They clearly position themselves as an organisation that would like to be taken seriously and to grow, attract sponsors etc. What sponsors are going to want to come in and have their logo plastered over the rubbish the BDO produce? It's would be a very short list and come from companies that are equally as desperate, if any at all.

Even if the standard of play was 'amateur', it's not justification for the entire organisation to half arse it and live up to the same standards throughout. They are never going to be anything other than tin pot if they aren't willing to look like they care about their product.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

SolidSCB wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:52 pm Should have just done what they do for people they don't like and Facebook stalked them for their pictures.
:DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Rubbish. You don't have to be professional to have standards. If you sent out invites to a party at your place and misspelled your wife's name and made the invites look generally tacky, you would be ashamed of yourself.

The BDO is an organisation that is always keen to talk about how many players play under it's umbrella. I don't think a bit of proof reading and quality of their pronotional material is too much to ask.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Looking at the comments on the statement from Facebook. Not fanatics page just from the bdo account.
Over 100 replies. Didn't read them all but seems to be very up beat and positive about lakeside.

Seems Joe public is pleased with the turnaround.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

In fairness, not withstanding the massive ego trip which Des is clearly on as characterised by his comments, overall for me Lakeside was a big success.

Okay, in comparison to Ally Pally it was inferior in every way, but that was expected, and judged as a stand alone event, personally I thought the darts, the event and the TV production was very good.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 pm Looking at the comments on the statement from Facebook. Not fanatics page just from the bdo account.
Over 100 replies. Didn't read them all but seems to be very up beat and positive about lakeside.

Got to agree. It does seem folk in bdo land are, generally, pleased with how des has done.

Now if he can make the wdt a success that will be something.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 pm Looking at the comments on the statement from Facebook. Not fanatics page just from the bdo account.

Much the same on the Real BDO fanatics.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Thehateful180 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:03 pm

Rubbish. You don't have to be professional to have standards. If you sent out invites to a party at your place and misspelled your wife's name and made the invites look generally tacky, you would be ashamed of yourself.

The BDO is an organisation that is always keen to talk about how many players play under it's umbrella. I don't think a bit of proof reading and quality of their pronotional material is too much to ask.
:DDD: I wasn't being serious, the mistake on the cheque was unforgivable ......
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paddy has taken on ifm's mantle. "I was only joking!"
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:24 pm Paddy has taken on ifm's mantle. "I was only joking!"
Why are you always attacking the BDO on Real Fanatics.....on one hand you say you love all darts, on the other you're slagging them off......faux prophet....
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:20 pm
devosteve wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:24 pm Paddy has taken on ifm's mantle. "I was only joking!"
Why are you always attacking the BDO on Real Fanatics.....on one hand you say you love all darts, on the other you're slagging them off......faux prophet....
He must be a Janus...actually, is that J really needed? ;-)