Des Jacklin statement

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Des Jacklin statement

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Women's prize money does not need addressing. It's based on supply and demand.

There is little demand from the general viewing public, and the low entry numbers even in the bigger BDO comps (which drive the general prize money levels) are pitiful compared to the mens. In fact I've heard that men's comps often subsidise women's prize money at the same events.
No TV station of note would touch a women's only darts event with a bargepole
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
DavidB wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:44 pm So it was Des who decided to use Input Media and good decision too!!!
Interesting how he claimed everything HAD to be dealt with by Sportotal or they would get sued when it was all up in the air.

Now he's claiming it was all him. Odd.
In all fairness Sportotal are just there to negotiate TV deals for TV events, and probably not who then films said TV event.

Although you are probably right tbh.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:Women's prize money does not need addressing. It's based on supply and demand.

There is little demand from the general viewing public, and the low entry numbers even in the bigger BDO comps (which drive the general prize money levels) are pitiful compared to the mens. In fact I've heard that men's comps often subsidise women's prize money at the same events.
No TV station of note would touch a women's only darts event with a bargepole
Neither would any sponsor with any reasonable prize fund. Or dignity.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Does anyone know how much Des's decision to use this company cost the BDO ?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

el_ringo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:59 pm Does anyone know how much Des's decision to use this company cost the BDO ?
I don't believe for a minute the broadcaster had no say in it, either
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:47 pm
DavidB wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:44 pm So it was Des who decided to use Input Media and good decision too!!!
Interesting how he claimed everything HAD to be dealt with by Sportotal or they would get sued when it was all up in the air.

Did he though or was that just folk on here assuming??
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:

No it was fairly common knowledge that Sportotal were considering taking the BDO to court over 27 seperate breaches, namely the old chairperson meddling. The new one was hardly going to want to make it 28.

Plus Des did actually say he couldn't do much, will have to find it.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:11 pm
DavidB wrote:

No it was fairly common knowledge that Sportotal were considering taking the BDO to court over 27 seperate breaches, namely the old chairperson meddling. The new one was hardly going to want to make it 28.

Ok, I remember him saying he couldn’t say anything but don’t remember the reason being given...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidB wrote:
Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:11 pm
DavidB wrote:

Ok, I remember him saying he couldn’t say anything but don’t remember the reason being given...
The 27 breaches was the reason. Seems fair enough, if you ask a company to act on your behalf and sign a contract to this end it's only fair you stick to it.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Input Media did a good job though.

That he is claiming the credit for it is a bit crass. It's kind of person he is though unfortunately.

I do like that he is praising the whole team involved last week. Don't remember seeing that from BDO towers in the past.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

I think moving worlds away from lakeside bit of risk 4 days it sold out out of 9 I think 1 was close but they went on sale late if go on sale by July I think number be slight up

If does decide to take it else where I think moving either WDT or world master there so it still keeps 1 tv event a year there

on the woman’s prize money I think it does deserve an increase like to 50k but I think all they get it extra 5-6k

the format won’t change that much hard to fit matches in so best of 3 early rounds if they moved the final to same day as men’s then maybe best of 5 sets semi 7 sets final
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

foggs3355 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:02 am I think moving worlds away from lakeside bit of risk 4 days it sold out out of 9 I think 1 was close but they went on sale late if go on sale by July I think number be slight up

If does decide to take it else where I think moving either WDT or world master there so it still keeps 1 tv event a year there

on the woman’s prize money I think it does deserve an increase like to 50k but I think all they get it extra 5-6k

the format won’t change that much hard to fit matches in so best of 3 early rounds if they moved the final to same day as men’s then maybe best of 5 sets semi 7 sets final
Incorrect. Make it 3 days, if you want to be kind and not include the odd seat left on the odd table.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:Input Media did a good job though.

That he is claiming the credit for it is a bit crass. It's kind of person he is though unfortunately.

I do like that he is praising the whole team involved last week. Don't remember seeing that from BDO towers in the past.
This

Also I’d love to know where this social media boom was other than the 2 fanatic groups, never made any kind of trending on any social media (infact you search bdo mid week and some Asian thing was coming up before anyone mentioned the darts).

It’s the same statement that the Williams used to make privately, it’s just this time all the players have already left
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

“All the players left”

They are playing Q school they haven’t left. And Des said they have the option too

The numbers were better then last year
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:54 am

This

Also I’d love to know where this social media boom was other than the 2 fanatic groups, never made any kind of trending on any social media (infact you search bdo mid week and some Asian thing was coming up before anyone mentioned the darts).

It’s the same statement that the Williams used to make privately, it’s just this time all the players have already left
They did do a hell of a lot of Tweets and FB posts on their own accounts, more than usual. But thats about it.

But I guess if a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound?
Last edited by Ginge on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

BlueSpark wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 pm Should have got someone to proof read that.
Someone literate.
In fairness to him, that was just about readable, which makes it a vast improvement on his usual outpourings of utter bilge.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:04 am
BlueSpark wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 pm Should have got someone to proof read that.
Someone literate.
In fairness to him, that was just about readable, which makes it a vast improvement on his usual outpourings of utter bilge.
I dont believe for a minute he would ever post bilge.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15844&p=539714#p539714

Oh....
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:04 am
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:54 am

This

They did do a hell of a lot of Tweets and FB posts on their own accounts

Yup and all the YouTube videos as well inc. the bull ups for pretty much every match, pre/post match interviews and the days previews/reviews from Wolfie, Mace and Nicho.
Ted Hankeys Cape
Brass Darts

Post by Ted Hankeys Cape »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:40 pm "put us back into the commanding position we were in 20 years ago"

That ship has sailed, Desmond.
There are no tanks in Baghdad.