DavidB
International

Re: 2020 Q School

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:51 pm
brainim wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:47 pm
MrLil8 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:43 pm
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:34 pm
MrLil8 wrote:So essentially, are tour cards useless unless you're very very good?

I mean, granted they can live the 2 year dream, and potentially play some darting superstars along the way, and say I did it.

But the majority don't really earn much, and then end up back in the heap 2 years later?
I think something needs changing but don’t really know what the alternative is.
Maybe people who lose a card can't re-enter for X amount of years... X being 5, maybe...
stupid idea because that would mean each year Q school would get weaker as you excluded players good enough to win cards
Is the correct answer. Beyond stupid.

Why should the 65th ranked player who made 60K over 2 years on the Tour, can clearly play and just missed out be excluded, but the lunatic who had a 32 average be allowed to compete.

Indeed!

However, perhaps if he’d said a player failing at Q School can’t re-enter Q School for say 2 years then that be a different kettle of fish...
brainim
The Ton Club

Post by brainim »

DavidB wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:56 pm

Maybe people who lose a card can't re-enter for X amount of years... X being 5, maybe...
stupid idea because that would mean each year Q school would get weaker as you excluded players good enough to win cards

Why should the 65th ranked player who made 60K over 2 years on the Tour, can clearly play and just missed out be excluded, but the lunatic who had a 32 average be allowed to compete.

Indeed!

However, perhaps if he’d said a player failing at Q School can’t re-enter Q School for say 2 years then that be a different kettle of fish...
That would be even more stupid, 99% dont get through Q school so we would have nobody turn up for year 2 lol
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Indeed!

I could live with that. However if loons want to part with their money for 4 days a year, i say let them.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

A bit more focus on the challenge tour, with a few more places on the main tour. If they can do it over a season then they should have a chance.Is maybe an idea.
brainim
The Ton Club

Post by brainim »

The rules dont need to change just to favour the big name players, the less known people have just as much right to have a go for a card as they do, if the bigwigs cant be consistent over 4 days or turn it on for 1 day then they dont deserve a card, simple.
Last edited by brainim on Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Post by MrLil8 »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:01 pm A bit more focus on the challenge tour, with a few more places on the main tour. If they can do it over a season then they should have a chance.Is maybe an idea.
Yeah I'd go with this then, maybe improve the Challenge tour (if possible) adding more incentives to play it.... Tour Cards, infact why don't they just have this for all 31 cards?

Todays lottery is abit mad.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:00 pm

Indeed!

I could live with that. However if loons want to part with their money for 4 days a year, i say let them.

Ha Quite!
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:A bit more focus on the challenge tour, with a few more places on the main tour. If they can do it over a season then they should have a chance.Is maybe an idea.
If the bdo fall apart I’d say there wouldn’t be a need for qschool at all

Top x from challenge tour that year get a card

People that lose a tour card have to go back to challenge tour for the year

Means your rewarding people over 20 events instead of hoping you bring your a game over 4 events
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ok. Here's a wild idea.
Pro Tour format changes to something similar to the Euros - a prelim round.

32 extra Tour Cards pro rata to UK and Europe Q schools.

So 160 in total. Each of the 16 boards has 1 prelim match between the 32 extra cardholders. If some don't turn up filled by Challenge Tour players as now.

Winners of prelim into last 128 for a crack at the big boys.

Ok, thanks.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Lowe went 12, 11, 15 in the last 3 legs to win his card. Amazing after a long day like that.

Was on 41 after 9 in the last one and took 5 darts to hit the double.

Hammer slipped up against him in their game earlier and he took his chance.
Last edited by Deleted User on Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bomber
Superleague Player

Post by Bomber »

there are more people making a living out of darts today than there ever has been and there has never been as much money available, it is a level playing field, if they have the talent they could all do a rob cross and go from pub to a million

same with snooker, if it wasn't for barry both 'games' would be a lot poorer and the opportunities would be far less, when he croaks both games could well fall off a cliff
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

If Durrant had missed out last year, do folks believe he would have "made it" regardless? Whether it be through challenge tour oom qualifying him for things that then lead to better things, uk open and so forth?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:08 pm
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:A bit more focus on the challenge tour, with a few more places on the main tour. If they can do it over a season then they should have a chance.Is maybe an idea.
If the bdo fall apart I’d say there wouldn’t be a need for qschool at all

Top x from challenge tour that year get a card

People that lose a tour card have to go back to challenge tour for the year

Means your rewarding people over 20 events instead of hoping you bring your a game over 4 events
Beat me 2 it. Scrap q school. Top 8 16 from challenge tour replace botton 8 16 fro pro tour
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Bomber wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:17 pm there are more people making a living out of darts today than there ever has been and there has never been as much money available, it is a level playing field, if they have the talent they could all do a rob cross and go from pub to a million

same with snooker, if it wasn't for barry both 'games' would be a lot poorer and the opportunities would be far less, when he croaks both games could well fall off a cliff
No, no, no. Don't you read Rout's posts?

It's people like Des Jacklin these sports need to stay solvent. The PDC and the WPBSA (or whatever they're called now) are c*nts.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Rout wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:21 pm If Durrant had missed out last year, do folks believe he would have "made it" regardless? Whether it be through challenge tour oom qualifying him for things that then lead to better things, uk open and so forth?
Yes, didn’t Edhouse make the Worlds after missing out on a card, or have I got that wrong?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

An idea i have thought off

Top 32 only have tour cards

The rest play off every week to be in the other 96
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Unthink it, quickly!
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Dont worry i have more
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

So 2 predictors, mik252 and our serial freeloader, teddybreak went for Lowe. 0 picks for Blades or Heitinger.

If only we had a picture of some multi-coloured numbered balls to describe today's events.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:33 pm Dont worry i have more
History suggests otherwise.