2020 Q School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Maverick
Superleague Player

Re: 2020 Q School

Post by Maverick »

Sadly way to soon for me , maybe at all. Time will tell.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Reinier wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:47 pm Rough translation, his face and voice said it all:

“Don’t know what the chairman is doing”

“World Masters was an absolute catastrophe”

“Fake names to seed your own wife is ridicouless”

“I just didn’t want to go to the Masters, the work excuse wasn’t true”

“Running of majors is a mess”

“A lot are off to Q-school”
you can't see Des still in charge in 3 years can you?
The problem is, if the guy doesn't get his card were does he go? At the moment stay with the BDO. Will be interesting to see how Des reacts when he meets players like this.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

devosteve wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:04 am
Reinier wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:47 pm Rough translation, his face and voice said it all:

“Don’t know what the chairman is doing”

“World Masters was an absolute catastrophe”

“Fake names to seed your own wife is ridicouless”

“I just didn’t want to go to the Masters, the work excuse wasn’t true”

“Running of majors is a mess”

“A lot are off to Q-school”
you can't see Des still in charge in 3 years can you?
The problem is, if the guy doesn't get his card were does he go? At the moment stay with the BDO. Will be interesting to see how Des reacts when he meets players like this.
Firstly Des's tenure as Chairman should not last 3 months, let alone 3 years.

He articulated at the opening day Masters debacle that he would be resigning after the World Championship, only to backtrack days later, claiming it was a bad day.

In relation to Kleermaker, he will go to Q School and if he doesn't get his card he will play both BDO and Challenge Tour, and imo and like an increasing amount of players will not give a flying fuck what Des thinks.

If in the likely event that Jacklin does not honour his promise to resign, think he will spend very little of his time interacting with those who challenge his leadership, but rather the sycophants and those within his own clique.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Maverick wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:46 am Sadly way to soon for me , maybe at all. Time will tell.
Go for one day. You will have the challenge tour to fall back on
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:30 pm
Maverick wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:46 am Sadly way to soon for me , maybe at all. Time will tell.
FFS Oche, he has already said he will probably be unable to work in January and needs to explore help/benefit. are you going to give him the money to enter??!
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Demolition_fan wrote:I mean, hardly any if none will get a card goes without saying. But good luck anyway
Can anyone translate
Thinking of one.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The Crusader wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Demolition_fan wrote:I mean, hardly any if none will get a card goes without saying. But good luck anyway
Can anyone translate
From all the players who enter q school hardly any will get one.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

ChrisW wrote:
Can anyone translate
From all the players who enter q school hardly any will get one.
Cheers.

Hoping Tony gets back to his old self, enjoyed his write ups. Health first though.
Thinking of one.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

I did think about it , but can’t justify the outlay for a symbolic appearance . I appreciate i’m Writing off a year , but I think that’s what it’s going to take , if at all. I can’t stand long enough for a local tourney let alone Q school or challenge tour. Health , Family, Money, Darts is my new mantra 😂
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Maverick wrote:
I did think about it , but can’t justify the outlay for a symbolic appearance . I appreciate i’m Writing off a year , but I think that’s what it’s going to take , if at all. I can’t stand long enough for a local tourney let alone Q school or challenge tour. Health , Family, Money, Darts is my new mantra Image
Only you will know when time is right. Hope you are still recovering even if slowly.
Thinking of one.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

The Crusader wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:46 pm
Maverick wrote:
I did think about it , but can’t justify the outlay for a symbolic appearance . I appreciate i’m Writing off a year , but I think that’s what it’s going to take , if at all. I can’t stand long enough for a local tourney let alone Q school or challenge tour. Health , Family, Money, Darts is my new mantra Image
Only you will know when time is right. Hope you are still recovering even if slowly.

I know I don’t feel right at the moment , still may have surgery ahead. The improvements are on tiny increments now so i’m probably never getting back to what I was but i’ll try enjoy the level I reach. The players and the PDPA have donated some items for me raising money for the stroke association , I was hoping to play but I will delay that decision until I see how I feel coming through it.
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

Get well soon maverick, never nice to hear of anybody who is below 100% whatever the health or mental reasons
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

clemy1989 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:49 am Get well soon maverick, never nice to hear of anybody who is below 100% whatever the health or mental reasons
Yes but I am sure he will pay his £150 soon and match mine and Oche's bet.
Big Jock Knew
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

If DBG had any brains, he would take another few bets that he won’t play, by then his Q School entry fee would be paid for by his good friends bets.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

TheSandman wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:14 am If DBG had any brains, he would take another few bets that he won’t play, by then his Q School entry fee would be paid for by his good friends bets.
Indeed, if he is 100% going and me and Oche are losing the bet, why isnt he trying to drum up more wagers?
Big Jock Knew
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Can anyone translate
It goes without saying that hardly any, maybe none, will get a card. But, good luck anyway.
Chambord
The Ton Club

Post by Chambord »

Can anyone translate
"Nobody will get a card. Cards do not exist. Nothing exists. It's all in your minds. We shouldn't be speaking about things that do not exist. But you just don't get it so you will need luck to replace your lack of understanding."
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Ginge wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:19 am
TheSandman wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:14 am If DBG had any brains, he would take another few bets that he won’t play, by then his Q School entry fee would be paid for by his good friends bets.
Indeed, if he is 100% going and me and Oche are losing the bet, why isnt he trying to drum up more wagers?
Because if he goes, his performances will be recorded, and if anyone on the Internet still believed his nonsense they would find out the truth.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Black Velvet wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:13 pm
Ginge wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:19 am
Because if he goes, his performances will be recorded, and if anyone on the Internet still believed his nonsense they would find out the truth.

Genuine question, are you better than Dave??
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dave reached the semi final of the Rileys Worcester comp today, and they live streamed the final.

Asked the stream host to pass on a message to Dave that he has until Thursday 4pm to pay up.
Big Jock Knew