2020 Q School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Re: 2020 Q School

Post by spaceman70 »

Anyone any idea of how many players that have won cards over the years that have survived after their 2 year card has expired?

Can’t imagine it’s a very large group.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Black Velvet wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:51 pm Some extraordinarily underwhelming candidates for the cards left here.
This. Streaking players on hot days have a better chance than steady consistent players.

Tour Card winners are usually a mixture of well established players and complete unknowns who have 1 good day.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

brainim wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:05 pm and Hamilton scrapes through after taking 5 on the bounce
Then blobs it from 4-2 up. Loads of match darts missed.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

craigmc wrote:
Rout wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:51 pm Am I on premod?

Started a new thread for the zero legs club and it said needed approving by a mod
Hopefully. Failing that I'd burn your keyboard.
Sometimes, you words, they hurt.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

spaceman70 wrote:Anyone any idea of how many players that have won cards over the years that have survived after their 2 year card has expired?

Rankings make it impossible for any more than the odd few doing it

Your having to get to £60k within 2 years, you can’t get that just winning the odd game on the tour

Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

So Gary Blades from Lincoln.

I guess he’s not one of the “massive”.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

spaceman70 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:49 pm Anyone any idea of how many players that have won cards over the years that have survived after their 2 year card has expired?

I've got a thread up on the tourcard winners. Would be good anaysis
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:14 pm
spaceman70 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:49 pm Anyone any idea of how many players that have won cards over the years that have survived after their 2 year card has expired?

I've got a thread up on the tourcard winners. Would be good anaysis
As Zapp has said, very difficult to break the top 64 in 2 years. Qualifying for Euros is a must.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Alan Norris with a "U OK hun? Inbox me" kinda Tweet this evening, I see
Big Jock Knew
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Just looking at these results from earlier - this is bloody brutal.
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Post by MrLil8 »

So essentially, are tour cards useless unless you're very very good?

I mean, granted they can live the 2 year dream, and potentially play some darting superstars along the way, and say I did it.

But the majority don't really earn much, and then end up back in the heap 2 years later?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

MrLil8 wrote:So essentially, are tour cards useless unless you're very very good?

I mean, granted they can live the 2 year dream, and potentially play some darting superstars along the way, and say I did it.

But the majority don't really earn much, and then end up back in the heap 2 years later?
Of course, it's the natural cycle and the same in most sports. The difference with darts is that as age is no barrier they keep coming back and keep trying. But in terms of them chasing the dream and a small % making it then that's life.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

MrLil8 wrote:So essentially, are tour cards useless unless you're very very good?

I think something needs changing but don’t really know what the alternative is.
brainim
The Ton Club

Post by brainim »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:25 pm Alan Norris with a "U OK hun? Inbox me" kinda Tweet this evening, I see ImageImage
I'm guessing Hamilton upset him, to be fair did you see how slow Hamilton was playing today, the Semi final from other side of the draw had finished before Hamilton even finished his last 8 match, every match he was in finished way after the next round had already started
daveshep1508
Pub Champion

Post by daveshep1508 »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:39 pm
brainim wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:37 pm what the hell did Fallon hit, had 79 left with 3 darts and left 31
Probably strayed into T3, left 70, then went 20 - missed bull?
13, 16, missed bull - I was marking her board
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Post by MrLil8 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Maybe people who lose a card can't re-enter for X amount of years... X being 5, maybe...

Maybe they take over the BDO (new name) and create the Championship of Darts. The pathway to PDC, a larger more varied Q School.

Gives plenty a smell of PDC, whilst over a year of competing amongst each other, only the very best 31 get cards?
brainim
The Ton Club

Post by brainim »

MrLil8 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:43 pm

Maybe people who lose a card can't re-enter for X amount of years... X being 5, maybe...
stupid idea because that would mean each year Q school would get weaker as you excluded players good enough to win cards
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

brainim wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:47 pm

stupid idea because that would mean each year Q school would get weaker as you excluded players good enough to win cards
Is the correct answer. Beyond stupid.

Why should the 65th ranked player who made 60K over 2 years on the Tour, can clearly play and just missed out be excluded, but the lunatic who had a 32 average be allowed to compete.
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Post by MrLil8 »

brainim wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:47 pm

Why fella? I mean, todays shown that the 'best players' don't win, it's on the day and down to abit of luck with draws and timing.

If you're on the tour for 2 years and then fall out, why be allowed to try again? Maybe let others and new applicants try.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Absolutely absurd idea. Sorry
Big Jock Knew