Page 26 of 132

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:27 pm
by The Jolly Man
Dannyboy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:16 pm
clemy1989 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:13 pm
Surely with the numbers attending its time to look at restricting the pro tour to include a higher number, or run a challenger tour prem and div 1 based on finishing spots on the q-school oom. Potentially run a promotion and relegation system at the end of the year.
I've suggested before that the top 128 in the Q School OoM should get a Challenge Tour card (top ups feeding each other where spaces allow), with increased prize money and the the remaining 700 play on a seperate Open Tour, run in conjunction with the many, many opens played across the country.
If a link up happens with the WDF that may happen.

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:31 pm
by PreciesJJ
spaceman70 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:22 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:15 pm
Really surprised to see that Danny Baggish is not amongst the entries.
Me too, thought he had said he was going.
Family issue, will have a statement out tomorrow.

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:33 pm
by Vriezzer
ssjsa wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:15 pm
Really surprised to see that Danny Baggish is not amongst the entries.
Hope for him his entry didn't went wrong. Because he went to the UK for Q-School, as seen on Twitter.

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:34 pm
by Vriezzer
PreciesJJ wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:31 pm
spaceman70 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:22 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:15 pm
Really surprised to see that Danny Baggish is not amongst the entries.
Me too, thought he had said he was going.
Family issue, will have a statement out tomorrow.
Oh, that's sad to hear.

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:43 pm
by Zapp Brannigan
oche balboa wrote:Ladies not at Q School

Aileen De Graaf
Anastasia Dobromyslova
Laura Turner
Maria O'Brien
Paula Jacklin
Sharon Prins
Tori Kewish
Vicky Prium
Think Laura will be signed up by sky or the pdc to be the voice of darts for ladies, she did a really good job. Maybe pdc get her involved backstage as she has been a players rep.

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:44 pm
by oche balboa
phil davies wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:58 pm
Dannyboy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:16 pm
clemy1989 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:13 pm
Surely with the numbers attending its time to look at restricting the pro tour to include a higher number, or run a challenger tour prem and div 1 based on finishing spots on the q-school oom. Potentially run a promotion and relegation system at the end of the year.
I've suggested before that the top 128 in the Q School OoM should get a Challenge Tour card (top ups feeding each other where spaces allow), with increased prize money and the the remaining 700 play on a seperate Open Tour, run in conjunction with the many, many opens played across the country.
I quite like the idea of restricting the challenge Tour I would say it should be more than just 128 though. Maybe cut it to the top 160 players from q school ranking. I know that would mean byes for some but if you cut it to 128 they wouldn’t all turn up anyway especially lots of brits at the ones in Germany.

welcome back

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:45 pm
by DavidB
minimalist180 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:27 pm
DavidB wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:04 pm
Just catching-up... so is Wayne Warren really entered for Romanian Open or has someone has added the name for a joke??
I'm guessing it's a joke which Ginge has fallen for, that Facebook post is going to look awkward.

Abu Hamza is presenting England. As far as I was aware he's Egyptian and currently incarcerated in Colorado...


Thanks.

Oh and corrected too :grin:

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:45 pm
by Zapp Brannigan
Dunno if this is a new thing but players told no alcohol in the arena

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:47 pm
by DavidB
Dannyboy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:10 pm
Surprised Ana hasn't gone?

Can understand the overseas guys not going, but what's the excuse for the UK based men's players? Considering the BDO will be dead and they cannot pay their players?


Yeah I’m surprised too given Ana went last year, played Ally Pally and qualifier again a few months ago. Hopefully Bag Carrier can explain why.

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:49 pm
by oche balboa
She is going on holiday i think

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:49 pm
by DavidB
PreciesJJ wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:46 pm


Not surprised with that list, they all have a reason why (you’d think) they won’t go.

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:49 pm
by DavidB
oche balboa wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:49 pm
She is going on holiday i think


Fair enough then!

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:49 pm
by ILAD
IFM entered, the hypocrite. Should be banned.

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:51 pm
by DavidB
oche balboa wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:56 pm
Ladies not at Q School

Aileen De Graaf
Anastasia Dobromyslova
Laura Turner
Maria O'Brien
Paula Jacklin
Sharon Prins
Tori Kewish
Vicky Prium


Surprised Ana (although a possible reason in Oche’s post) and Aileen not going, the rest again probably have a valid reason.

Is there a list against the 16 x ladies at the Indigo2 though? Sharon Prins obviously wants there...

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:17 pm
by meetthefeebles
Booji Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:46 pm
meetthefeebles wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:20 pm
Bazza wants nothing to do with 800 or so pub players. Not remotely interested. There's no money in it for him and it potentially pollutes his product - there's no point spending years moving the 'pub game over the road' and making sure that his product only had the best players on the telly if suddenly he has all those pub players in his organisation.

Hearn does want the BDO to survive, in largely it's current form. It keeps the pub players out, except in January when he wants all their q-school entry fees
I think the q school fees go direct to the pdpa to cover their costs.
How many entrants are there this year? 800 odd? That's a hell of a fund for the PDPA...

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:18 pm
by oche balboa
4 of the not doing it list in the men have competed at Q School before

Adams is too old & could have a bigger role in the BDO/WDF
Montgomery i thought would give it a bash
Smith-Neale has a crisis of confidence
Hogan happy with trying to compete to qualify for the UK Open. Stainton perhaps the same
The others are overseas players and possibly will play regional events anyway

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:26 pm
by trotter01
oche balboa wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:18 pm
4 of the not doing it list in the men have competed at Q School before

Adams is too old & could have a bigger role in the BDO/WDF
Montgomery i thought would give it a bash
Smith-Neale has a crisis of confidence
Hogan happy with trying to compete to qualify for the UK Open. Stainton perhaps the same
The others are overseas players and possibly will play regional events anyway
About right.. Not too many shocks out of the ones not doing it from the indigo..

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:37 pm
by Ginge
DavidB wrote:
minimalist180 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:27 pm
DavidB wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:04 pm
Just catching-up... so is Wayne Warren really entered for Romanian Open or has someone has added the name for a joke??
I'm guessing it's a joke which Ginge has fallen for, that Facebook post is going to look awkward.

Abu Hamza is presenting England. As far as I was aware he's Egyptian and currently incarcerated in Colorado...


Thanks.

Oh and corrected too :grin:
Nice try.

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:40 pm
by Travers
minimalist180 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:27 pm
DavidB wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:04 pm
Just catching-up... so is Wayne Warren really entered for Romanian Open or has someone has added the name for a joke??
I'm guessing it's a joke which they've fallen for, that Facebook post is going to look awkward.

Abu Hamza is presenting England. As far as I was aware he's Egyptian and currently incarcerated in Colorado...
Maybe they are letting him out on day release to participate?

Re: 2020 Q School

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:44 pm
by 1205
DavidB wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:51 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:56 pm
Ladies not at Q School

Aileen De Graaf
Anastasia Dobromyslova
Laura Turner
Maria O'Brien
Paula Jacklin
Sharon Prins
Tori Kewish
Vicky Prium


Surprised Ana (although a possible reason in Oche’s post) and Aileen not going, the rest again probably have a valid reason.

Is there a list against the 16 x ladies at the Indigo2 though? Sharon Prins obviously wants there...
I don't know. But it would be easy for you to make one.