2019 PDC Challenge Tour

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Re: Challenge Tour 2019

Post by clemy1989 »

When can we expect to see a line upn for challenge tour event 1-4? is it literally just when the draw is done tomorrow?
mrsj180
Brass Darts

Post by mrsj180 »

Maverick wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:30 pm
mrsj180 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:25 pm
Maverick wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:56 pm Just putting this up , will update as and when I can, not involved in CT1 due to finishing work at 6:45am it was gonna be too tight for registration so felt it best to leave that one.
Are you planning on attending them all this year? just did my entries for the first 4, Im looking at playing in them all for a bit of experience.
How did you get on at Q School? Did you take any positives from it?

Day 1 for me was awful , hadn’t played in such an oppressive atmosphere and it really got to me , Adam Bull played ok but I made him look like a world beater.

Day 2 scrappy start but had some nice moments against Brian Hallas with a 161 out and a 13 darter to win the decider, then playing Dan Lauby hitting a 170 out and getting a chance to win the match but sadly throwing two bloody awful darts at D16

Day 3 No idea what happened , played a muppet and just couldn’t get my arm to go where it was supposed to, snatching , pushing, pulling , you name it, anything you can do to a dart to fek up, I did it! Worst 27 mins of my darting life.

Day 4 Started with great apprehension because of day 3, wasn’t pushed or troubled at all in the first two games , knew I had to improve hugely against Carl Wilkinson who already had his card in the bag. Again some good moments in the match without being able to say I played really well, last leg was dogshit ! But managed to Nick it.
Rees Hall was sadly there for the taking but my doubles deserted me , missing tops for a 125 in the first, two at D8 in the second , a lovely 141 out in the fourth but another missed chance at D18/D9 in Leg 6, on the whole a lot of positives for me but I can’t point to one game and say “bloody hell I played well there” work to do :grin:
Overall not great in terms of performance but the whole experience was good, it really wanted to make me go back and try it again.

Day 1 - when I walked in It was a bit daunting but loved it, lost 5-3 to Mark Lawrence missed two darts to make it 4-4 but hey ho.

Day 2 - had a bye and didn't play until around 1 o'clock I struggled to find much at all lost 5-3 again missing doubles! disappointed after that game.

Day 3 - I went in with a more relaxed attitude I think and enjoyed it won my first game 5-3! then went on to win my second game 5-1 before losing out to Curtis Hammond 5-1, missed a few doubles to win a couple more legs but think he deserved to win the game.

Day 4 - Drew Richie Howson first round it was a tight game but he hit good finishes when id set myself up or missed a shot and went down 5-2 to him.

Much improvement needed really but its gave me a good insight in to what I need to be aiming at and it might give my the kick up the backside that I need. I'm hoping with a year on the challenge tour and doing a lot of the county opens it will improve me in time for next year. only time will tell.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

mrsj180 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:15 am Overall not great in terms of performance but the whole experience was good, it really wanted to make me go back and try it again.

Day 1 - when I walked in It was a bit daunting but loved it, lost 5-3 to Mark Lawrence missed two darts to make it 4-4 but hey ho.

Day 2 - had a bye and didn't play until around 1 o'clock I struggled to find much at all lost 5-3 again missing doubles! disappointed after that game.

Day 3 - I went in with a more relaxed attitude I think and enjoyed it won my first game 5-3! then went on to win my second game 5-1 before losing out to Curtis Hammond 5-1, missed a few doubles to win a couple more legs but think he deserved to win the game.

Day 4 - Drew Richie Howson first round it was a tight game but he hit good finishes when id set myself up or missed a shot and went down 5-2 to him.

Much improvement needed really but its gave me a good insight in to what I need to be aiming at and it might give my the kick up the backside that I need. I'm hoping with a year on the challenge tour and doing a lot of the county opens it will improve me in time for next year. only time will tell.
You're down in history on Dart Connect so we can see some of how you did. :D

Obviously you need to score a lot better. Convert a single to a high treble each leg and you'd be much more competitive. Convert a low single to a high single as well on top of that and it'd be much better.

Glad you enjoyed it, and I hope the practice and experience pay off.
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

THE 2019 Unicorn Challenge Tour gets underway this weekend, as players compete for PDC Tour Cards and a place in the 2019/20 William Hill World Championship.

The PDC's second-tier tour will see a series of 20 tournaments held during 2019, each offering £10,000 in prize money for PDPA Associate Members who did not win a Tour Card at the 2019 PDC Qualifying Schools.

Following the 20 events, the player who tops the Challenge Tour Order of Merit after all tournaments have been played will book their place at Alexandra Palace for the 2019/20 World Championship.

The top two players on the Order of Merit will secure a two-year PDC Tour Card to compete on the PDC ProTour, while players placed third to eighth will gain free entry to 2020 Qualifying School.

Among the players to have enjoyed success on the PDC circuit after competing on the Challenge Tour are Rob Cross, Krzysztof Ratajski and Ryan Searle.

Four events will take place across the opening weekend of the year on January 26-27 at the Robin Park Tennis Centre in Wigan, with over 275 players entering each event.

Former Players Championship Finals winner Kevin Painter, who went within one win of regaining his Tour Card at last weekend's UK Qualifying School, will be joined by three-time World Champion John Part in making their Challenge Tour debuts.

There will also be maiden appearances for two-time Lakeside Champion Scott Waites and former World Championship finalist Andy Hamilton.

Former Lakeside Women's Champion Lisa Ashton, who competed in the PDC World Championship last month, will headline a list of female entrants which also includes recent Lakeside Championship runners-up Lorraine Winstanley and Fallon Sherrock.

Cody Harris, who qualified for the 2018/19 World Championship via the Challenge Tour, will headline the international stars taking part this weekend alongside Russia's Boris Koltsov, Brazil's Diogo Portela, New Zealand's Cody Harris and American Chuck Puleo.

Former PDC Tour Card Holders Wes Newton, Richie Burnett and Andrew Gilding will also be hoping for a strong start to their campaigns.

Tournaments will be held across five double-header weekends, with two events per day on each weekend.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

MancheStar wrote:THE 2019 Unicorn Challenge Tour gets underway this weekend, as players compete for PDC Tour Cards and a place in the 2019/20 William Hill World Championship.

The PDC's second-tier tour will see a series of 20 tournaments held during 2019, each offering £10,000 in prize money for PDPA Associate Members who did not win a Tour Card at the 2019 PDC Qualifying Schools.

Following the 20 events, the player who tops the Challenge Tour Order of Merit after all tournaments have been played will book their place at Alexandra Palace for the 2019/20 World Championship.

The top two players on the Order of Merit will secure a two-year PDC Tour Card to compete on the PDC ProTour, while players placed third to eighth will gain free entry to 2020 Qualifying School.

Among the players to have enjoyed success on the PDC circuit after competing on the Challenge Tour are Rob Cross, Krzysztof Ratajski and Ryan Searle.

Four events will take place across the opening weekend of the year on January 26-27 at the Robin Park Tennis Centre in Wigan, with over 275 players entering each event.

Former Players Championship Finals winner Kevin Painter, who went within one win of regaining his Tour Card at last weekend's UK Qualifying School, will be joined by three-time World Champion John Part in making their Challenge Tour debuts.

There will also be maiden appearances for two-time Lakeside Champion Scott Waites and former World Championship finalist Andy Hamilton.

Former Lakeside Women's Champion Lisa Ashton, who competed in the PDC World Championship last month, will headline a list of female entrants which also includes recent Lakeside Championship runners-up Lorraine Winstanley and Fallon Sherrock.

Cody Harris, who qualified for the 2018/19 World Championship via the Challenge Tour, will headline the international stars taking part this weekend alongside Russia's Boris Koltsov, Brazil's Diogo Portela, New Zealand's Cody Harris and American Chuck Puleo.

Former PDC Tour Card Holders Wes Newton, Richie Burnett and Andrew Gilding will also be hoping for a strong start to their campaigns.

Tournaments will be held across five double-header weekends, with two events per day on each weekend.
Can we merge the two threads on here
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 pm
MancheStar wrote:THE 2019 Unicorn Challenge Tour gets underway this weekend, as players compete for PDC Tour Cards and a place in the 2019/20 William Hill World Championship.

Can we merge the two threads on here
Done.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Re: 2019 PDC Challenge Tour

Post by ssjsa »

Read on Twitter that Jim Williams has not entered. Given that a good weekend could have got him into the first PC events, think we can safely assume that he is going down the BDO route this year.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

ssjsa wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:58 pm Read on Twitter that Jim Williams has not entered. Given that a good weekend could have got him into the first PC events, think we can safely assume that he is going down the BDO route this year.
I’m surprised he hasn’t entered the challenge tour this weekend he’s not down for the Romanian open or the Dutch open either.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

MancheStar wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:02 pm
ssjsa wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:58 pm Read on Twitter that Jim Williams has not entered. Given that a good weekend could have got him into the first PC events, think we can safely assume that he is going down the BDO route this year.
I’m surprised he hasn’t entered the challenge tour this weekend he’s not down for the Romanian open or the Dutch open either.

He’s already at Lakeside so guess he doesn’t need to!

Anyway, nice to see Scotty 2 Hotty has entered.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ssjsa wrote:Read on Twitter that Jim Williams has not entered. Given that a good weekend could have got him into the first PC events, think we can safely assume that he is going down the BDO route this year.
Player list isn’t out on dart connect yet they are just putting two and two together because he wasn’t mentioned on the pdc preview

Could still be there, registration didn’t end until 2pm today
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

PDC will have some 570 players in three venues across three continents this weekend. Think atleast 21 nations will be represented. Possibly 20 women playing this weekend as well
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Post by PreciesJJ »

The Jolly Man wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:21 pm PDC will have some 570 players in three venues across three continents this weekend. Think atleast 21 nations will be represented. Possibly 20 women playing this weekend as well
As far as I know only Asia and Europe this weekend, then Europe and Oceania next week.
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

The Jolly Man wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:21 pm PDC will have some 570 players in three venues across three continents this weekend. Think atleast 21 nations will be represented. Possibly 20 women playing this weekend as well
Darts For All
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

BDO will have the same amount too

Don’t hear anyone getting excitied like Billy does
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

oche balboa wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:49 pm BDO will have the same amount too

Don’t hear anyone getting excitied like Billy does
The success of the PDC hurts this (sort of) man to the core.
SAFC
Superleague Player

Post by SAFC »

draw is up good to see Geert de Vos there

https://b13.events.dartconnect.com/view ... -pdcct19e1
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Roxy playing Fallon in the 1st round. Darts for all.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

140 c/o from Sherrock to lead 3-1
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Waites out.
MancheStar
Superleague Player