Gerwyn Price fined £21,500

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Gerwyn Price fined £21,500

Post by Ginge »

Its a fair point, what Price did wasnt xenophobic in the slightest, he was just being his usual idiotic self.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:24 pm I read it as as soon as the throwing player touches a dart in the board, their throw is deemed completed and the next player can enter the exclusion zone.

Oh dear...
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

DavidB wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:03 am
BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:24 pm I read it as as soon as the throwing player touches a dart in the board, their throw is deemed completed and the next player can enter the exclusion zone.

Oh dear...
How did you read it?
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:01 am Its a fair point, what Price did wasnt xenophobic in the slightest, he was just being his usual idiotic self.

He's seething :grin:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:21 am
robot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:35 pm
phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:45 pm
robot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:34 pm Price was the instigator and had plenty of previous so has got off lightly.
His behaviour of excessive gamesmanship won him the title though he still needed to hit the doubles.
Anderson was robbed of the title through gamesmanship, though once he put his hands on Price should have received a fine as well a warning.
What a load of tosh how was Gando robbed of the title? Price played better and beat him the players are already bad enough at making excuses for losing they don’t need the fans to add into the pathetic excuses.
Thought that would reel you in Phil :IIII:
Price’s antics which was tant amount to cheating altered the course of the final. Had he not crossed the line as per the DRA’s findings, then there is no way Anderson would have lost his rag and with it his form. Anderson’s frailty in dealing with players whose pace/mannerisms is well documented and the needle inspired Price to raise his game no question.
Anderson’s own fault he lost in the end, but he nor any other pro should be subject to circus antics at the sharp end of the final of a professional tv major.
Seriously? Bristow and his pupil Taylor were maestros at winding up opponents on stage. Celebrating, playing up to the crowd etc.

It's part of darts. I was at the Price/Whitlock game and it was great entertainment. I had no issues at all.

More snowflake, hurt feelings cobblers.

"Peeeter, Peeeter!! He celebrated during the match!"
A Snowflake is someone who cares, shows compassion and morals. Something that should never be looked down on. Far better than being a lemming like yourself.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:07 am
DavidB wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:03 am

Oh dear...
How did you read it?

Read the incident??
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

A players throw is not over or calculated until all three darts are retrieved from the board. Pretty obvious really.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

what is the referee's job in darts ?

This should have been handled by the ref and if Price didnt listen to instructions then maybe they should bring in yellow and red cards for darts.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:14 am
BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:46 pm Nothing justifies his actions.
Blatant gamesmanship, glad it has been recognised as such.
So I will expect to see the same for MvG for his roaring and fist pumping then, shall I?

Same thing as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, van Gerwen will get away with it unless the DRA somehow appoints Sheriff Isabella MacColl.
He went beyond the pale after almost every throw in the end David, can't stand what MVG or Hamilton do but it is nowhere near as intentional to put off as our my fellow Welshman Price.

As for those claiming Anderson ahould have been treated the same you just need to look at the findings, the DRA have stated that Price cheated and deliberately tried to win the game by slowing the game down and putting his opponent off, all Ando did was give him a shove towards the board and gesture 'get on with it'
People go on about how it happened in the Bristow/Wilson era, yes it did but the difference would have been that Eric and Jockey would have thrown their dart at him whilst he was faffing about and he would not have done it again.

The PDC/PDPA need to bring in a rule that darts must be retrieved within seven/ten seconds of the final dart hitting the board or it will be considered a foul throw, with the obvious exceptions of a game shot dart where the leg/match has finished and WDDA games. That would sort this out straight away, Price hit a 180, stops, gurns and screams at the crowd, does his Charles Atlas and takes one dart out of the board to the sound of the caller shouting 'NO SCORE' - it'll soon speed the cheat up as well as people like Mitchell et al.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Stranbougie wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:37 am what is the referee's job in darts ?

This should have been handled by the ref and if Price didnt listen to instructions then maybe they should bring in yellow and red cards for darts.
Not a bad idea, not the cards, but a warning, final warning then forfeit match.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Seven? Should be collecting darts within 4 seconds.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:43 am Seven? Should be collecting darts within 4 seconds.
Well yes but I've got a gammy foot and an eight foot walk is a long way for these little legs :)

Was being generous tbh.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:42 am
DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:14 am
BlueSpark wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:46 pm Nothing justifies his actions.
Blatant gamesmanship, glad it has been recognised as such.
So I will expect to see the same for MvG for his roaring and fist pumping then, shall I?

Same thing as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, van Gerwen will get away with it unless the DRA somehow appoints Sheriff Isabella MacColl.
He went beyond the pale after almost every throw in the end David, can't stand what MVG or Hamilton do but it is nowhere near as intentional to put off as our my fellow Welshman Price.

As for those claiming Anderson ahould have been treated the same you just need to look at the findings, the DRA have stated that Price cheated and deliberately tried to win the game by slowing the game down and putting his opponent off, all Ando did was give him a shove towards the board and gesture 'get on with it'
People go on about how it happened in the Bristow/Wilson era, yes it did but the difference would have been that Eric and Jockey would have thrown their dart at him whilst he was faffing about and he would not have done it again.

The PDC/PDPA need to bring in a rule that darts must be retrieved within seven/ten seconds of the final dart hitting the board or it will be considered a foul throw, with the obvious exceptions of a game shot dart where the leg/match has finished and WDDA games. That would sort this out straight away, Price hit a 180, stops, gurns and screams at the crowd, does his Charles Atlas and takes one dart out of the board to the sound of the caller shouting 'NO SCORE' - it'll soon speed the cheat up as well as people like Mitchell et al.
Shut it you leek filled twonk.....
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

:)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

No no no no he only pretends to be thick, as someone told me once without a hint of irony.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

phil davies wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:30 am In all seriousness though I had some leeks in a stew yesterday. It was glorious :grin:
My favourite soup has leeks in it :DDD:

I wont type the full name of it as it will lead to some utterly predictable and, I am sure, high quality jokes :roll:
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I'm sure Nick will oblige so I can post the Reinier Wolfcastle picture afterwards.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

phil davies wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:52 am
Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:33 am
phil davies wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:30 am In all seriousness though I had some leeks in a stew yesterday. It was glorious :grin:

I wont type the full name of it as it will lead to some utterly predictable and, I am sure, high quality jokes :roll:
I think anyone with a brain knows the name of the soup now :grin:
Well, remember we have Oche and David on the threads, so it may be wise to post it.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:33 am

I have a great recipe for it if you want, delicious.